Page 572 of 744 FirstFirst ... 72472522562568569570571572573574575576582622672 ... LastLast
Results 8,566 to 8,580 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    So you are trying to change minds.
    Nope, just asking a question.

Besides, I really don't need to change anyone's minds. If the only time people don't want the right to vote is when they happen to live in Hudlind Wakanda, that basically means people want the right to vote. Something we all knew was true before this conversation started. So changing anyone's mind was never really necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Nope, just asking a question.

Besides, I really don't need to change anyone's minds. If the only time people don't want the right to vote is when they happen to live in Hudlind Wakanda, that basically means people want the right to vote. Something we all knew was true before this conversation started. So changing anyone's mind was never really necessary.
    Well, the Kryptonian guild system sounds interesting too, but I dont have enough info on it.

Than there's the No Game No Life system which seems fun. Still waiting for that second season though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I'm not sure about Hudlin's Wakanda, but I'd definitely like Coogler's.
    I'm 100% sold on living in Reginald Hudlin's Wakanda.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I said Hudlins' Wakanda not Mayberrys'. You didnt ask if we have to live out the continuity, I gave you the circumstance that I wouldn't need the right to vote.

Going to need a Marvel2100 gif if goal post moving.
    Well played sir.

Well played.

It's quite interesting to see the coalition between those who have no problem with the very fabric of the BP mythos being sublimated by the mutant agenda and those who think the rape camps and Boko Haramization of Wakanda under Coates writing, being inevitable as opposed to just following on from where Hickman left off.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 09-30-2019 at 06:18 PM.

BANNED

Yeah, but I think that illustrates the fact that things change. Not being able to vote may sound okay when things are good. But when Tchalla is chucked off a water fall and your new leader is dragging you into war with the rest of the planet, elections suddenly don't sound like such a bad idea.

It's the counter argument that convinced Hyperion to end Utopia in Squadron Supreme. Things change, and people need the proper tools to deal with that.
    How exactly have elections worked out in the US or even the UK where the current Prime Minister who wasn't even voted for in a general election, is currently in the process of dragging the nation out of the EU following a referendum built on a mountain of lies?

Democracy only works when all of the players are honest.

Mighty Member

Is there a reason Wakanda can't have voting and hover bikes?
    Nope. But i dont like being barraged with lies and negativity in the unending campaign season. Or trying to have civil discussions with people who dont know the difference between and article or an amendment if our constitution. Especially since im cynical enough to understand most end up with their hands in the cookie jar.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

That was a BS ending for multiple reasons but I remembered that it's fan voted and of course a batman would beat the Living Tribunal under these conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    have you guys played mua3 with black panther? how do you think he was handled in the game with his moves? I also liked that an entire chapter is dedicated to wakanda.
    From what I played of him, I think he was handled fine. He has a great stagger move, good mobility alongside his agility and I enjoyed staying in the air with him for long lasting period. The voice actor, James C. Mathis III, remained on point with his craft.

Given the choice between living in Hudlin's Wakanda or Coogler's Wakanda I would rather reside at 101st Street and King Drive where they keep it real and 100 all day every day!

Get Hectic!

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Just a thought. Why is it Star Wars fans can admit George Lucas is a terrible script writer, but has good ideas. Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi and Indiana Jones being good examples of ideas passed off and letting others execute it.

As stated before there are no direct adaptations in comics.

Ramonda was a rape survivor. T'Challa broke into a sovereign nation, manhandled its army and left a trail of death to rescue Ramonda from her rapist and put hands on him.

So for A Nation Under Our Feet to work Coates made Ramonda a hypocrite in sentencing the killer of a rapist to death for the greater good of Wakanda.

The story does not add up much less a movie based on it.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    Ramonda was a rape survivor. T'Challa broke into a sovereign nation, manhandled its army and left a trail of death to rescue Ramonda from her rapist and put hands on him.

So for A Nation Under Our Feet to work Coates made Ramonda a hypocrite in sentencing the killer of a rapist to death for the greater good of Wakanda.

It's not hypocritical if it's the law. It's not necessarily okay to murder someone even if they are a rapist. To give someone a pass for murder simply because the victim is a rapist would be hypocritical.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    This video is ridiculous. That's why I prefer Death Battle. They base fights based on the characters skills and abilities, not fan voting.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post

It's interesting to note that Rise of the Black Panther has more or less retconned away Panther's Quest in its entirety. I'm not a fan, but it helps deal with the sliding timeline.

Additionally, T'Challa didn't leave a trail of death, but that's not really the point.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    How exactly have elections worked out in the US or even the UK where the current Prime Minister who wasn't even voted for in a general election, is currently in the process of dragging the nation out of the EU following a referendum built on a mountain of lies?

Democracy only works when all of the players are honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Nope. But i dont like being barraged with lies and negativity in the unending campaign season. Or trying to have civil discussions with people who dont know the difference between and article or an amendment if our constitution. Especially since im cynical enough to understand most end up with their hands in the cookie jar.
    Good points there.

Also, based on that revealed 2099 variant cover for Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda, if the 2099 revival were to take on Black Panther and Wakanda, how do you think the Black Panther might be updated or "upgraded" for that era? Me, I'd go with the Panther Habit as a nanosuit a la Crysis 2 and 3, capable of integrating with the wearer's biology to speed healing and recovery in case of injury and gradually turn said wearer into a nanotech-based cyborg similar to the protagonist of the original Deus Ex game.
    The spider is always on the hunt.