Page 573 of 744 FirstFirst ... 73473523563569570571572573574575576577583623673 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It's interesting to note that Rise of the Black Panther has more or less retconned away Panther's Quest in its entirety. I'm not a fan, but it helps deal with the sliding timeline.

Additionally, T'Challa didn't leave a trail of death, but that's not really the point.
    Did it? She asked Changemire if he would go with her to South Africa. I assumed she was still went sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    This video is ridiculous. That's why I prefer Death Battle. They base fights based on the characters skills and abilities, not fan voting.
    Dude people lost their isht when Batman got decapitated in the death battle fight. Granted DB didn't do enough research and said they were pretty much equal but BPs tech is what gave him the clear advantage (which is true but he is also just overall above bats in every way) abd the win but still people went berserk. Frankly, I thought BP was wasted on Batman and could of taken on a better challenge like Deathstroke

BANNED

T'Challa, "No Face" Tech-Heavy... 2017 sketch design. first draft added colour 2019 (

Hudlin's Wakanda or Coogler's Wakanda? Hudlin was a big inspiration behind WWO. Coogler's Wakanda was powered by WWO.
    VVV--2015 BP Kinetic armor--VV

Still Undisputed. Still not done dealing with those Mu#$%f^&*az!!!

BANNED

REALLY NI@@A?

Yep, posted in 2015! Kinetic Energy Armor created by Muad'Dib! Celestial Energy gets props somehow! damn! Still not done with.... they can't handle what's comin'...

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It's interesting to note that Rise of the Black Panther has more or less retconned away Panther's Quest in its entirety. I'm not a fan, but it helps deal with the sliding timeline.

Additionally, T'Challa didn't leave a trail of death, but that's not really the point.
    The fight in the village that inadvertently led to the kid succumbing to burn wounds, the enforcer, the guard, the wildlife , but that's not really the point.

I have not seen posts from you in a while..welcome back.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Dude people lost their isht when Batman got decapitated in the death battle fight. Granted DB didn't do enough research and said they were pretty much equal but BPs tech is what gave him the clear advantage (which is true but he is also just overall above bats in every way) abd the win but still people went berserk. Frankly, I thought BP was wasted on Batman and could of taken on a better challenge like Deathstroke
    Considering both Black Panther and Deathstroke have been written by Christopher Priest, I'd love a crossover fight between them . . . also written by Priest.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Considering both Black Panther and Deathstroke have been written by Christopher Priest, I'd love a crossover fight between them . . . also written by Priest.
    The six issue mini is Black Panther vs Red Lion. I know RL cant take BP in a fight so it will have to be a political thriller.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Screen Rant

Verified account

@screenrant
    Follow Follow @screenrant
    More
    #BlackPanther2: Ryan Coogler Is Still JUST Starting On The Story - https://buff.ly/2nARPQA
    Its screenrant...so take it with a grain of salt.

I know he brought the treament with him to D23. So I'm assuming they must mean script.

I haven't heard a word about Joe Robert Cole. I would bring him back. Creed/BP were both co-written so would be interesting if he writes this solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Its screenrant...so take it with a grain of salt.

I know he brought the treament with him to D23. So I'm assuming they must mean script.

I haven't heard a word about Joe Robert Cole. I would bring him back. Creed/BP were both co-written so would be interesting if he writes this solo.
    seems like they copy pasted a few old stories and strung them together to make a new one.

Just saw this today at a Target store:
    "Wakanda Forever"
    https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...akanda-forever

Wow. I wonder how fun this game is. Nobody I know locally is into this kind of stuff. I hope it does take off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I remember him saying it wasn't "my Tchalla" as is the Priest version.
    With all due respect to other writers his Tchalla is the Tchalla (for most ppl). Writer's since (the good ones) have just expanded and built upon that core character.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    See, the problem here is that we only thing being smart = being an inventor. Nothing against Redjack, but it's obvious his Shuri took a lot of inspiration from the MCU version, right down to her mannerisms, her look and the fact that she was portrayed more as an inventor (and possibly a better one) than T'Challa in that show. I advise you watch it again if you think I'm mistaken. Again, in that show T'Challa isn't shown to invent anything, but rather understanding and using technology to achieve his goals. Which defines Priest's T'Challa as he wrote him.

Here's an example to illustrate my point: if I said Natasha Romanoff was one of the smartest heroes in the MCU would you take me seriously? Your first thought would probably be that Natasha is more super spy assassin than genius because she hasn't invented anything. Yet Natasha is one of, if not the best hacker in that universe. She's practically unmatched in that field, and she's been able to hack into technology that rivals that of Starks, and Stark himself has machines do the hacking for him. She's also one of the world's best spies, which you have to be smart and have a high IQ in order to be.

How many feats of invention does T'Challa have in comparison to outsmarting, outmaneuvering, outfighting and outthinking people and figuring out situations? How many of his invention feats are significant to his own lore and the rest of the Marvel universe? The answer is and will always be not many, because that's never been his role.
    For me, Tchallas most significant feat both technology or otherwise is Wakanda being ahead the entire marvel 626 earth. I want to see a Mcu Tchalla capable of that

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    For me, Tchallas most significant feat both technology or otherwise is Wakanda being ahead the entire marvel 626 earth. I want to see a Mcu Tchalla capable of that
    From how I understand it, T'Challa made Wakanda advanced by selling off some pieces of Vibranium for huge sums of money, which he used to advance Wakanda. I'm also going to guess that T'Challa as king enacted policies to encourage science and technological development in Wakanda. None of that is because he invented things, which was the point I was making.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

seems like they copy pasted a few old stories and strung them together to make a new one.
    Apparently this is coming from Bob Iger now, not Feige as before so who knows. Coogler definitely said he's taken his time.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Did it? She asked Changemire if he would go with her to South Africa. I assumed she was still went sometimes.
    That's an interesting point, I'd have to check if there's any way to make it work. There's still some significant retcons from that story because she's not T'Challa's mother and he's old enough to have remembered her.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    The fight in the village that inadvertently led to the kid succumbing to burn wounds, the enforcer, the guard, the wildlife , but that's not really the point.

I have not seen posts from you in a while..welcome back.
    Sure, some people died, but most of them weren't at the hands of T'Challa. Those that were he did in self-defense. It's not an apples to apples comparison is my only point.

I've been around. It's just that this thread moves so quickly that the conversation has usually moved on by the time I get to it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?