Page 576 of 744 FirstFirst ... 76476526566572573574575576577578579580586626676 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,640 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Coogler working on another comic series.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/ryan-co...mpression=true

I get the feeling he's going to be done with the MCU after the next film. Just think creatively he has other interests. How much creative freedom he gets on BP2 will truly tell the tale.
    I think there's a descent chance he'll stick around for one more BP movie to complete a trilogy. Then he can move on and Marvel will probably try and find a black female director to do a Shuri movie.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think there's a descent chance he'll stick around for one more BP movie to complete a trilogy. Then he can move on and Marvel will probably try and find a black female director to do a Shuri movie.
    Funny you mention that..

Not going to dwell too long on it because no one here likes to admit that BP has lost a little momentum since IW/EG.

Remember how back in early 2018 it seemed like there was talk of a female led Wakanda movie? Talk of maybe a series or something taking place in the past as well. You had some critics claimng there would be a Wakanda park coming out because of the hype.

There was so much momentum and hype about how there could be so many spinoffs from the movie. Now its just waiting until 2022 and maybe a cartoon on the What If series. In some ways Disney didn't strike while the iron was hot.

Or that they knew two of the biggest movies ever were on the horizon and it wouldn't matter.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 10-02-2019 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well that might just have to be accepted.

Coolger set that bar too high.

3 Oscars
    Billion Dollar box office
    Panther trades sales sky rocketed for more than a year
    We are still getting Panther merchandise
    What is left to prove with Panther?

Marvel is not going to let him walk. If it means more creative freedom-you do it. If he wants to do say Night Trasher-who is going to say no?

In Pantherish news- Mr Coates has a new book out called Water Dancer-his first fiction book. It's also an Oprah Club book.
    It's already number one at Amazon.

Interesting in the reviews and interviews for the book-they NEVER mention Coates is writing Cap America. Only Panther.
    If Coogler has a full story to tell, he will do so then move on
    I think it's likely he will stay for the trilogy

I get the feeling he's going to be done with the MCU after the next film. Just think creatively he has other interests. How much creative freedom he gets on BP2 will truly tell the tale.
    The value of my Bitter Root Comics just went through the roof. Lol.

Gotta get Walker to Green to sign them than its off to CGC.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Rumor:Lupita is up for Catwoman

The Batman is supposed to film next year so she would still have time to come back for BP2..

I don't see Ryan going anywhere. I can see him sticking around for a trilogy, although with Thor 4 happening, I could see him do a BP 4 if Marvel ever are doing more than trilogies now.

With it being reiterated that he's just starting the script, I'm fully expecting more "news" from twitter and youtube channels claiming their "reliable" inside sources are saying Storm will be in it (not to long ago there was a tweet claiming they already had an actress), or Namor all because of that one line in EG, or another wave of reports saying Kraven will be the big bad because Ryan mentioned he wanted to use him in the first one to adapt the fight from Priest's run.

Rumor:Lupita is up for Catwoman

The Batman is supposed to film next year so she would still have time to come back for BP2..
    pretty sure MCU actors have a clause in their contract where they can't be in DC superhero movies.

I'm fairly certain Lupita and Tessa Thompson can't play Catwoman unless they want to be in breach of contract and raise a stink over it.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    pretty sure MCU actors have a clause in their contract where they can't be in DC superhero movies.

I'm fairly certain Lupita and Tessa Thompson can't play Catwoman unless they want to be in breach of contract and raise a stink over it.
    I think the only way you can get away with it is they killed your character off or you were a really minor star.

Like Djimon Hounsou has been in two DC movies and two Marvel movies. Granted, his character has died in three of those films .

David Dastmalchian was Ant-Man's Russian friend but he's also going to be in the upcoming Suicide Squad movie and was on The Flash.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

The Russos produces a bunch of things before Endgame outside of the MCU. Coogler is not leaving.

Exactly how does "working on another movie" translate to "done with the MCU?"

This really feels like another "everybody knows" situation.

"Coogler doesn't have a script! He's leaving after the next movie! Everything is going to hell!"

Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Exactly how does "working on another movie" translate to "done with the MCU?"

This really feels like another "everybody knows" situation.

"Coogler doesn't have a script! He's leaving after the next movie! Everything is going to hell!"

Meh.
    BoG! Your not reading between the lines! The reason his script has just started is because he doesn't want to do it. He has other projects bigger than marvel do he's just doing them s favor! I mean, if he was really invested BP 2 would of been shot and out by now! There is going to be another Spiderman movie before BP 2! Clearly Marvel and Coogler aren't invested in BP. This was confirmed by one of my "credible" sources from the inside so trust me it's legit...

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Funny you mention that..

Not going to dwell too long on it because no one here likes to admit that BP has lost a little momentum since IW/EG.

Remember how back in early 2018 it seemed like there was talk of a female led Wakanda movie? Talk of maybe a series or something taking place in the past as well. You had some critics claimng there would be a Wakanda park coming out because of the hype.

There was so much momentum and hype about how there could be so many spinoffs from the movie. Now its just waiting until 2022 and maybe a cartoon on the What If series. In some ways Disney didn't strike while the iron was hot.

Or that they knew two of the biggest movies ever were on the horizon and it wouldn't matter.
    As per usual people let their expectations get the best of them, instead of looking at how things have always worked.

All the talk of a female led Wakanda movie or spinoff series was all on Twitter and said a few times by Letitia Wright. Nothing ever official or concrete and certainly not from Feige himself.

Whether you like it or not, Feige has a plan and he's always going to stick to that plan until something drastic happens. The only spinoffs we're getting in Marvel Studios' MCU (disregarding the TV stuff like SHIELD) are the Falcon & Bucky series and Loki. Quite frankly they've earned it. There have been three Cap and Thor films each, and those characters have been in multiple films. Far more than the BP supporting cast. Moreover they've taken more precedent in the comics with some having their own books for years.

How do you even justify a Wakandan spinoff series or film? With Shuri, who just invent things all day in a lab? With Okoye and the Dora whose job is to protect the king? With Ramonda who's really just T'Challa's mum? With M'Baku and the Jabari who are isolationist in an isolationist country? All of the ideas can be in a BP film. The only characters it can work with are Nakia who works outside of Wakanda, Killmonger (but I don't think it's necessary), and an older BP (which probably won't be interesting either).

Disney/Marvel aren't WB/DC or Sony. They don't milk stuff once they've just tasted it. One Aquaman movie and they're already working on a Trench spinoff (lol). One Suicide Squad movie and they've already done a Harley Quinn movie (with Birds of Prey co-starring). There's not guarantee these will succeed. Quite frankly I don't want Marvel bending over and giving characters a movie or series and letting whoever work on them just because they're suddenly popular. That's how we've ended up with mediocre BP book after mediocre BP book that nobody talks about anymore.

Wakanadan Iron Man suits designed by Shuri for a new VR game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the only way you can get away with it is they killed your character off or you were a really minor star.

Like Djimon Hounsou has been in two DC movies and two Marvel movies. Granted, his character has died in three of those films .

David Dastmalchian was Ant-Man's Russian friend but he's also going to be in the upcoming Suicide Squad movie and was on The Flash.
    Well yes if you're not signed to a multi-picture deal then you've got no problems. Or as you stated your character dies like Zachary Levi from the warriors three who was able to get the Shazam part. Someone like say Kat Dennings from the Thor movies could easily get a role in the DCU movies. I imagine Natalie Portman could have s well before she decided to return to Marvel simply because I think her contract expired.

David Dastmalchian had a very minor role, and Antman isn't getting anymore theatrical films.
    The J-man

Shuri as Black Panther in Realm of Champions in MCU T'Chaka's suit.