Page 577 of 706 FirstFirst ... 77477527567573574575576577578579580581587627677 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,655 of 10577
  1. #8641
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Finding a Coogler replacement after the second movie may prove to be difficult.
    There are a number of capable directors black or otherwise that may even so a better job. Franchise is bigger then any one person
    Last edited by Ekie; 10-03-2019 at 11:20 AM.

  2. #8642
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    There are a number of capable directors black or otherwise that may even so a better job. Franchise is bigger then any one person
    This is an Incredibly ignorant thing to say. Yes BP is big but it wasn't just guaranteed to happen like that. It took Coogler, T'Chadwick, fiege and others to make it happen. Would BP of been successful? Yes it would of. Would of it done the numbers it did with another director? To be honest? I don't think so. It needed Coogler to Make it happen. Who knows, maybe another director would of been okay with them having British accents. Maybe another director would not of went to Africa to study the culture to make the movie as authentic and possible. Maybe they would of went with the same, safe origin story without addressing tough, real world questions.

    My wife finds all superhero movies boring. Just action sets and explosions and jokes without really focusing on the story. My wife loved BP. The only superhero movie she likes. Why? The story was engaging, she didn't feel like Erik was just a generic bad guy. She said at the end she didn't fully see him as a bad guy and she liked how it wasn't so Black and White in terms of the hero and the villain. We might not of gotten that with another director.

    So Honestly I would say, another director can and will do fine. Another director doing as good or better? Yeah the bar is set way high for that and I would pity anyone trying to follow up what Coogler did if they weren't coming correct and 100% like he did

  3. #8643
    Mighty Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,704

    Default

    It's incredibly ignorant to think Coogler is replaceable just because he's black and so are other black directors.

    That's just reducing all of his own identity and style as a filmmaker to nothing.

  4. #8644
    Mighty Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Shuri as Black Panther in Realm of Champions in MCU T'Chaka's suit.

    Oooh the BP at the end of that video has such a sick design. I need a full body shot of it.

  5. #8645
    Be Seeing You… DigiCom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    BoG! Your not reading between the lines! The reason his script has just started is because he doesn't want to do it. He has other projects bigger than marvel do he's just doing them s favor! I mean, if he was really invested BP 2 would of been shot and out by now! There is going to be another Spiderman movie before BP 2! Clearly Marvel and Coogler aren't invested in BP. This was confirmed by one of my "credible" sources from the inside so trust me it's legit...
    Well, my best friend's brother-in-law's barber knows a guy who's cousin works for a restaurant where someone overheard a guy who works in the industry say that there's a rumor that the next BLACK PANTHER film will be called BLACK PANTHER: 'SUP DAWG.

  6. #8646
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    It's incredibly ignorant to think Coogler is replaceable just because he's black and so are other black directors.

    That's just reducing all of his own identity and style as a filmmaker to nothing.

    Marvel sure wasn't trying to replace the Russos(anyone get that wrestling vibe when you say their name?)

  7. #8647
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Well, my best friend's brother-in-law's barber knows a guy who's cousin works for a restaurant where someone overheard a guy who works in the industry say that there's a rumor that the next BLACK PANTHER film will be called BLACK PANTHER: 'SUP DAWG.
    My sister in laws, old college roomates dog breeders sons best friends nephew saw a tweet once confirming Storm will be in the movie and Nakia is becoming malice. This was also confirmed by YouTuber Grace Randolph

  8. #8648
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    There are a number of capable directors black or otherwise that may even so a better job. Franchise is bigger then any one person
    Whether or not anyone can do BETTER than Coogler remains to be seen... but I would certainly agree the franchise is bigger than any one person. It can and SHOULD continue regardless of whether Coogler decides to leave or not (and I still think he's likely going to at least do a trilogy before leaving).

    Marvel has proven that it's a big well run machine. If it loses a part, it replaces that part and moves on. That's in no way diminishing Coogler or any other director.... but the character, franchise and studio is strong enough at this point to survive the loss of even someone as talented as him, if need be.

  9. #8649
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Well, my best friend's brother-in-law's barber knows a guy who's cousin works for a restaurant where someone overheard a guy who works in the industry say that there's a rumor that the next BLACK PANTHER film will be called BLACK PANTHER: 'SUP DAWG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    My sister in laws, old college roomates dog breeders sons best friends nephew saw a tweet once confirming Storm will be in the movie and Nakia is becoming malice. This was also confirmed by YouTuber Grace Randolph
    You guys....

  10. #8650
    Get Hectic! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,085

    Default

    Oh yeah well my brother actually literally works for Disney and he don't now ish about nothing and they don't tell him a gosh darn thang...


    But I did get some cheap Star Wars t-shirts though on the low...


    Who snitched...


    Get Hectic!

  11. #8651
    Fantastic Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    There are a number of capable directors black or otherwise that may even so a better job. Franchise is bigger then any one person
    Comments like this and what Scorsese said today about MCU movies
    exactly why I think Coogler is leaving.

    MCU operates too much like a machine. Coogler's vision/depth/themes get lost on people cause their favorite hero isn't as badass/kicking ass as much as they'd like. So much so that replacing him with an average director who could do that is good enough.


    He's cut from a different cloth. He didn't make it actiony enough for the hardcore and his themes get lost on some with the CGI fest.

    The day they actually start filming in Africa and not Atlanta will be the day I truly think Coogler is staying in the MCU.

    An oscar nominated film...doesn't get top 5 MCU love, smh. Its a lose/lose.


    Maybe I'm overreacting (very possible) though.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 10-03-2019 at 09:33 PM.

  12. #8652
    Mighty Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,704

    Default

    Jesus Christ of Nazareth... Sweet Kitten Bast...

    Who GIVES A CRAP what Scorsese has to say really? The general audience? Because they sure as shit love MCU movies and they loved Black Panther. The Oscars gave Black Panther 7 nominations and 3 awards. Not to mention the number of prestigious awards it won and was nominated for.

    People aren't suddenly gonna go "OMG MCU movies aren't cinema because Scorsese said so and I should stop watching them!" Nobody gives a shit. It's his opinion. He's not a god no matter how many people think he is. I don't have to agree with him, and the funny thing is Feige never said he was making artful cinema, He knows he's making blockbusters and he's very good at it. It's people like Scorsese and the countless directors and actors that say these things that don't seem to get that because they think they can dictate what is good and what isn't it.

    Y'all are just being too goddamn negative right now and I'm sorry but it is pathetic and I hate it.

  13. #8653
    Be Seeing You… DigiCom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Comments like this and what Scorsese said today about MCU movies
    [ig]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGAbpjeXYAAiRWb.jpg[/img] exactly why I think Coogler is leaving.
    Or maybe Scorcese is just a pretentious old fart who can't STAND the idea that people aren't falling all over themselves going to see his movies anymore.

    Here's a hint for you. When a director talks about "cinema" (or a writer talks about "literature") he's trying to create an artificial reason why his work isn't popular.

    "Well, my work is too artistic for the common crowd. You have to be special to understand it."

    Bugger that. When a film is described as "cinematic", it usually means it's boring as hell, full of navel-gazing monologues and long shots of people staring off into the distance.

    Hell, the director of JOKER (which appears to be basically Scorcese fanwank, from all reports) is saying the same thing about _his_ movie. "It's a movie Marvel couldn't make, because their stuff is (ugh) _popular_."

    (Not a direct quote, but close enough.)

    Considering one of Coogler's upcoming project is the script for the sequel to SPACE JAM, I don't think he's worried about appearing popular.

  14. #8654
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    It's incredibly ignorant to think Coogler is replaceable just because he's black and so are other black directors.

    That's just reducing all of his own identity and style as a filmmaker to nothing.
    Yeah, Coogler is a great director. Marvel hit a gold mine with him. That being said, Marvel has proven they're capable of finding great indie directors so I don't think it's impossible they couldn't replace him. That being said, did I miss something where there's a fear he would leave?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

    I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

    Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

  15. #8655
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Fuck Scorcese! That's kinda who Coates thinks his cloth is cut from.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •