Page 588 of 744 FirstFirst ... 88488538578584585586587588589590591592598638688 ... LastLast
Results 8,806 to 8,820 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Nah... just consolidating my online identities.
    Ah smart. But I think throwing off the haters sound's better so I'll go with that

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Ah smart. But I think throwing off the haters sound's better so I'll go with that
    I'm cool wit dat.

Ta-Nehisi Coates has taken the Black Panther character and T'Challa's mythos into some amazing new directions during his Intergalactic Empire run, and Black Panther #19 starts the march towards the arc's finale. Fans are eager to see how this adventure ends, and while we will have to wait for those answers for a while longer, we can give you a glimpse of one of the upcoming variant covers. We're giving you an exclusive first look at Dustin Weaver's stylish new variant cover to Black Panther #19, which features Black Panther surrounded by allies and enemies, and you can check out the slick new cover in the image below.

As fans who have been keeping up with the series know, the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda has started their invasion of Earth and their assault on Wakanda Prime thanks to N'Jadaka, which is certainly enough of a headache to deal with. Things get worse though evidently in Black Panther #17, which teases that the body of Eric Killmonger has fallen into his enemies' hands, and that is the last thing he needed.

In Black Panther #18 fans will finally get some long-awaited answers in regards to T'Challa's fall from royalty to becoming a slave of the empire, and then it's time for issue #19, which kicks off the last leg of this big-time arc with a bang.

"THE FINAL ARC OF THE "INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE" BEGINS HERE!
    The groundbreaking story of a king who became a slave - a slave who became a legend - reaches a tipping point as N'Jadaka's invasion of Earth continues! Wakanda goes to war against its own future...and its only hope lies in the king who brought them to this point."

Black Panther #19 hits comic stores on December 18th.
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/10...over-revealed/

September 2019 Sales estimates:

41 Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda (2019) 1 39,879
    135 Black Panther (2018) 16 16,146

Pretty much puts a lie to the "amazing new direction" that "fans are eager to see", no?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

eek those black panther numbers are sad sad sad. and with agents of wakanda starting so low dont expect this to go beyond 12 issues. there's still hope for coates though. I'm rooting for you brother!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    eek those black panther numbers are sad sad sad. and with agents of wakanda starting so low dont expect this to go beyond 12 issues. there's still hope for coates though. I'm rooting for you brother!!
    With BP AoW, in more c concerned with issue 2 then 1. If it doesn't drop off so hard it will be fine.

As for BP. It's been dying for awhile now. It needs to just die do the solo can get a pallet cleanse
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 10-21-2019 at 08:42 AM.

Good thing the character appears in Avengers or everyone would have forgotten he existed.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Let it die...
    #NotMyBlackPanther.NotAnyone'sBlackPanther.WhatThe HellIsThatMess?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-21-2019 at 09:06 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

With BP AoW, in more c concerned with issue 2 then 1. If it doesn't drop off so hard it will be fine.

As for BP. It's been dying for awhile now. It needs to just die do the solo can get a pallet cleanse

well time will tell for both comics. with agents premiering that low I just dont see it getting beyond 12 issues when looking at other books with similar initial sales. nevertheless im hopeful after this season is over we get a little break where coates can come back with an even bigger story that will get readers onboard.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

well time will tell for both comics. with agents premiering that low I just dont see it getting beyond 12 issues when looking at other books with similar initial sales. nevertheless im hopeful after this season is over we get a little break where coates can come back with an even bigger story that will get readers onboard.
    But this was supposed to get new readers in. It was a jumping on point. If they have to do it again, might as well get a new writer like the other titles.

I think a major issue is people are realizing it's looking to be a two year event. Which means they might as well wait for the trade. You'd have to be among the comic of the year titles to make that work.
    Last edited by Cville; 10-21-2019 at 09:23 AM.

Marvel has never quite understood that every "jumping on point" is also a "jumping OFF point". And having a story where the setting, characters, and plot have little or nothing to do with the previous arc AND making folks wait over a year and a half for an explanation simply doesn't help.

Not that I think Coates cares. He's a "real writer" now and doesn't even mention his comics in his author bio for his new book.

September 2019 Sales estimates:

41 Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda (2019) 1 39,879
    135 Black Panther (2018) 16 16,146

Pretty much puts a lie to the "amazing new direction" that "fans are eager to see", no?
    It's a shame that a great concept was so poorly executed. What a waste.

Marvel has never quite understood that every "jumping on point" is also a "jumping OFF point". And having a story where the setting, characters, and plot have little or nothing to do with the previous arc AND making folks wait over a year and a half for an explanation simply doesn't help.

Not that I think Coates cares. He's a "real writer" now and doesn't even mention his comics in his author bio for his new book.
    But comics taught him the art of fast storytelling.....

If BP & AoW can stay around 20,000 it can get at least 12 issues.

Not no, but Hell No!!!!!

What bigger story can Coates do? He was given the BP title on a silver platter, everything was set up. The ball was teed up for a Home Run and he frakking bunted.