Page 6 of 744 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Weird thing about Rumbles (at least on this forum) is none of that stuff really matters unless it happens A LOT.

All that matters is top end feats.

But, it is good to see at least one writer finally realized T'challa should whoop those dudes ass like that... even without the kitty suit.
    This dude BP said "I'm the BP... and no man can challenge me.", then he caught DD's thrown baton and threw it at Elektra's neck. That was sick

With your logic, kingpin got a high end durability feat then. He got that Luke Cage skin ointment now

edit- ****, T'Challa got a high end durability feat too! Courtesy of the Hulk! No suit!

Time to update the blog site
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by ArsonoptiX View Post
    I'm loving the art on the BP/DP mini!! If there is ever another BP mini or ongoing...can this guy do it please?
    I didn't love it at first, but it sort of grew on me. Amd it suits the tone of the story very well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Actually, my idea is almost the exact opposite. I'd want to see the book avoid looking back, and instead focus on really leaning into that Afro-futuristic James Bond vibe. As part of this, I'd like a solid moritorium on using any of the usual BP rogues (no Killmonger, no Klaw, etc) and instead get a globe-spanning adventure where T'Challa, aided by his sister and M'baku (because why not?) have to confront a Machiavellian mastermind who MIGHT just be as good a strategist as BP himself.

Villains I wouldn't like to see: HYDRA, Red Skull, Doom, AIM, Fenris or Baron Zemo (assuming he's evil this week).

I rather like the idea of a new Mandarin, someone who really embodies 21st-century China. But it may be a bit too on the nose.
    I'm more invested I leaning into that Afro-futuristic T'Challa vibe myself personally.

James Bond, ain't got nothing on the Wakandan Monarch.

On a more serious note, a writer who actually gives a Frank shout the BP mythos is all that's necessary to move things forward in a positive direction as well as erase and nullify the full range of negative energy Ta Nehisi Coates forcibly injected into the aforementioned mythos like so many Dr Doom inspired nano bots.

Ethnicity should be irrelevant where the writer is concerned as evidenced by the fact that writers such as Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Don McGregor, Geoff Johns, Jason Aaron and the incomparable David Liss all delivered solidly impactful renditions of T'Challa and his supporting cast in times past. (Sans Wakandan rape camps.)

T'Challa and his overarching mythos rich in culture and technological mystery, deserves a creative team up to the challenge of genuine world building the encompasses the full gamut of the Wakandan potential as opposed to wild excursions into the realms of stereotypical 3rd world distortions that do more to expose the ignorance of some writers when faced with the opportunity to explore Wakandan afro-futurism unfettered by said writers lack of imagination.

Excelsior.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I didn't love it at first, but it sort of grew on me. Amd it suits the tone of the story very well.
    That's what drew me in....agree that it suits the tone...plus T'challa just look smoother than in the main series (although the most recent issue with "T'challa" sporting the beard works). I wish more artist would adorn the Panther suit a bit more than the plain black. Just adding silver (or gold) around the wrists and neck just make the suit look more like the ceremonial garb it is as opposed to just a skin tight suit. The MCU version got it 100% correct...glad the cartoon went that way as well.

Black Panther vs Thor

You're welcome Chad, we're a rambunctious heterogeneous bunch but we know how to break records (and unfans) when pressed
    Black Panther vs Thor

The last handful of pages of Killmonger #3 were epic. Gave you a sense of hope and yearning for the breh and brehette to accomplish their goals and live happy ever after...

... ahh well
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    spoilers:
    Stalemates Punisher, Daredevil, and Elektra 3 on 1? among other badassery
    end of spoilers

I told yall this was a BP mini

BPvsDP started off hot and cooled down a bit (still scorching)

Marvel Knights started off like paint drying but then turned into fireworks

I forget what my projected rankings were for these upcoming BP minis a few months back but Marvel Knights may sneak into first at the finish line!
    Cates!

spoilers:
    Dude be putting respect in T'Challas name! Stalemate? Nah bruh he was kicking their asses and tanked s hit from hulk without the habit! This is our T'Challa! Looks like the real BP finally making a return
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I'm more invested I leaning into that Afro-futuristic T'Challa vibe myself personally.

On a more serious note, a writer who actually gives a Frank shout the BP mythos is all that's necessary to move things forward in a positive direction as well as erase and nullify the full range of negative energy Ta Nehisi Coates forcibly injected into the aforementioned mythos like so many Dr Doom inspired nano bots.

Ethnicity should be irrelevant where the writer is concerned as evidenced by the fact that writers such as Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Don McGregor, Geoff Johns, Jason Aaron and the incomparable David Liss all delivered solidly impactful renditions of T'Challa and his supporting cast in times past. (Sans Wakandan rape camps.)

T'Challa and his overarching mythos rich in culture and technological mystery, deserves a creative team up to the challenge of genuine world building the encompasses the full gamut of the Wakandan potential as opposed to wild excursions into the realms of stereotypical 3rd world distortions that do more to expose the ignorance of some writers when faced with the opportunity to explore Wakandan afro-futurism unfettered by said writers lack of imagination.

Excelsior.
    Brotha, read MK 5. It seems everyone is getting it through their heads that Coates T'Challa ain't the REAL T'Challa

That's what drew me in....agree that it suits the tone...plus T'challa just look smoother than in the main series (although the most recent issue with "T'challa" sporting the beard works). I wish more artist would adorn the Panther suit a bit more than the plain black. Just adding silver (or gold) around the wrists and neck just make the suit look more like the ceremonial garb it is as opposed to just a skin tight suit. The MCU version got it 100% correct...glad the cartoon went that way as well.
    At this point there is literally zero excuse for the MCU design to notnhave been adapted into the comics. Sure covers hace it, but it needs to be in the actual pages. It ain't hard to do. Folks draw spidey and Ironman, Cap, and Thor and the like and their suits are way more intricate then adding the accents on the mask, neck, wrists, waist and ankles. Ive drawn it. It's very easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

Of course he doesn't. I just like the idea of a globe-trotting pulpy sci-fi adventure.

"Black Panther: Man of Vibranium", in other words.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

My thoughts on Killmonger #3 were similar to 2. It's a very good issue. I'm bothered by the timeline issues and I wonder if Knight is Madame Slay. I'm also glad we get her real name because this King, Knight, etc. thing was really confusing, especially when there's also the Kingpin involved.

I'm glad MK20th is finally moving along. I do wonder if T'Challa is remembering things correctly himself and the others are responsible or if, maybe, he doesn't quite remember either.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    The EMH showrunners protecting Cap from being owned compared to the rest of the Avengers during EMH Panther's intro/showcase was obvious. So was having that garbage introduction fight between BP and Cap in Ultimate Avengers 2, which was far more egregious. And, of course, EMH BP needing Cap's "ok" to go back to Wakanda, like Steve is the down white guy that makes it ok to do something lol.
    Was it? T'Challa dodged and made Cap get hit with his own shield recoil in the face .
    So certain details in Panther Quest, like seeing Cap place his hand on BP's shoulder and BP looking at it in disgust before Cap takes his hand off (and later, when Shuri keeps her hand there), or BP boldly telling an irate Thor "Wakanda tech is a match for anything" are the subtle things that elevate BP's characterization; it's clear to folks, especially black folks, that whoever is behind the scenes is well aware of the noble negro/magical negro tropes and isn't playing that noise here.
    I don't think it was disgust, more that T'Challa was in the heat of the moment and just did not have time for anyone to hold him back or try to tell him to "stand down."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was it?
    Yes it was

And yes, he was disgusted and appalled at Cap putting his hand on him like that. Great moment. And great response by Shuri when she did it.

Pantherjack >>> EMH Panther

You're free to disagree of course, just like you disagree with BP scratching Thor even tho Wolverine has in the comics.
    Black Panther vs Thor

Though I'm still a fan of the classic suit (without all the extra stuff), my fave was always the Priest suit. The gold, along with the cape on occasion (though not always) worked well. It's a shame that version of the costume vanished at the end of Priests run.