Page 601 of 744 FirstFirst ... 101501551591597598599600601602603604605611651701 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 11160

Wakanda: Take it back to the essence, which was a treatment on an advanced, and unsullied African society. A society that’s development accelerated not only because of Vibranium, but also because its culture evolved along an unbroken chain. Their government, and politics would have also evolved uninterrupted, and therefore the written conflicts need to be creative, unique, and probably unfamiliar to our modern political tropes.

T’Challa: The stoic no-nonsense leader that knows he’s the baddest mofo in the room not because he’s entitled but because he was trained to be so. Like a Wuxia hero he’s unlikely to be bested by a lesser foe. Even when beaten by a superior enemy, he learns from this, never to lose in the same way twice.

Also: Add more family members.
    Choose an Art Director, and have artist stay on-model for at least the lead characters.
    Keep the main book the main book, put the cross-overs on the side.

These are some of the things that would bring me back.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post
    Wakanda: Take it back to the essence, which was a treatment on an advanced, and unsullied African society. A society that’s development accelerated not only because of Vibranium, but also because its culture evolved along an unbroken chain. Their government, and politics would have also evolved uninterrupted, and therefore the written conflicts need to be creative, unique, and probably unfamiliar to our modern political tropes.

T’Challa: The stoic no-nonsense leader that knows he’s the baddest mofo in the room not because he’s entitled but because he was trained to be so. Like a Wuxia hero he’s unlikely to be bested by a lesser foe. Even when beaten by a superior enemy, he learns from this, never to lose in the same way twice.

Also: Add more family members.
    Choose an Art Director, and have artist stay on-model for at least the lead characters.
    Keep the main book the main book, put the cross-overs on the side.

These are some of the things that would bring me back.
    We really need a 'back-to-basics' run and approach to Black Panther. The comics have really, really lost the essence. This sounds like a good layout.

Unfortunately this is Marvel Comics so we can't have nice things

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    You can't create a new character/s, give them the credit for Wakandas success (not just once but throughout the series) then never show them ever.

Without the Orishas ™ Wakanda literally never would of formed because the originator's were kicking their asses. Wakanda is experiencing peace and prosperity better then they have in a long time. "The Orishas ™ are back" Coates can't give T'Challa the credit because he keeps throwing the Orishas ™ around. And even then his reasons don't even add up given what's happened on panel.
    It's pretty easy to give T'Challa credit over things the Orisha had nothing to do with. They weren't even around for most of the stuff Shuri mentioned... they were gone.

If I were writing BP…

I'd ban the below plotlines:

• Klaw returns
    • Killmonger returns
    • Man-Ape returns (as a foe)
    • Wakanda gets invaded/destroyed
    • Wakandan Civil War
    • The Panther Deity throws a fit, and T'Challa must prove his worthiness

Instead, I'd lean HARD on the political thriller/espionage angle. Since there's pretty much zero chance of young kids picking up the book, we might as well go for broke and write for older readers... the sort of people who go for Jack Ryan and/or John Wick, but with an afrofuturist spin.

That one panel with Changemire in the hoodie was killer.

That Brandy music meme of Nakia and Storm is about to become real. lol

Is it weird that they use chopsticks?

I mean he's taking away everything that makes Wakanda special and replaced it with 1 dimensional plot devices. We know nothing about the Orishas. 40 issues in to his series and we still know NOTHING about them. Yet they are the cause of Wakandas success, protection, and advancement. 'mother' and the griots hold all of Wakandan memories even before they were Wakandan.. the Black Panthers, bashenga, nope none of that matters. The griots have taken over. Abd what do we know about mother? Griots? Nothing. Nothing at all. 40 issues in. Yet they are the key to Wakandas peace?

We went from a hidden advanced warrior nation who has only the strongest and best fit to lead who repelled colonization for 10k+ years through use of their own ingenuity, become relegated to useless colonizers who needed Orishas ™ to save them, protect them and give them knowledge and success?

Wakanda who repelled Thanos twice, super skrulls and Invaders, is almost brought to it's knees by a taichi having dude and his emotion controlling friend and a dozen dudes.. yet they are both stopped by Akili and changamire. Akili literally runs up to tetu and knocks him on his ass... He could of just shot him and been done with it. Then changa beats zenzis power with a shade throwing speech.. then she magically enhances her powers to hulk dudes out and it ends in a long of the rings rip off..

Dude for real If I were the next writer, I would address this entire mess and correct it quickly and bury it away for it to never resurface
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what all would you change?
    Simple question. Was there anything that needed fixing prior to Coates taking over? No.

That's the problem. Coates destroyed everything, making him the "only" one to fix it when there was no problem to begin with.

And his solutions to fixing the problems has done nothing to help BP or Wakanda.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

oooohhh this looks good... I'm ready for ororo to cut that bish!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

For the entire series or the current arc? If you want to know what I'd do for the entire series it will take some time to do because I'm at work
    the entire series .. and take your time I'm at work too.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

This is what Coates find interesting...Oh my God.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    This is what Coates find interesting...Oh my God.
    We can add pitting Black women against one another to the list of tired ass stereotypes that Coates relies on to tell a story. Jesus, I feel like I’m watching a Tyler Perry movie now.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    We can add pitting Black women against one another to the list of tired ass stereotypes that Coates relies on to tell a story. Jesus, I feel like I’m watching a Tyler Perry movie now.
    Fighting over a man of all things. Like, I love T'Challa but this is not the kind of thing I want to see him causing. Neither he, nor Storm, nor Nakia deserve this kind of writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Fighting over a man of all things. Like, I love T'Challa but this is not the kind of thing I want to see him causing. Neither he, nor Storm, nor Nakia deserve this kind of writing.
    Thanks to Yukio there is a segment of her fandom that thinks she is bi. Maybe Tchalla gets lucky and can have both at the same time. Or at least the Jean, Cyclops, and Wolverine sleeping/living arrangements.

Then the Dora will accuse T'Challa of having a harem and we'll end up with season 1 again