Page 608 of 744 FirstFirst ... 108508558598604605606607608609610611612618658708 ... LastLast
Results 9,106 to 9,120 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Which is probably why T'Challa might be the more logical person to deal with Zenzi. He can resist her abilities.

Though Okoye probably did better than one might expect. But symbiotes have a lot of weaknesses... with prep and the right gear, they can be dealt with. So in SOME ways Zenzi was actually the bigger threat.
    Not when the main villain is standing with them. Only logic that matters is main character/main villain logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Not when the main villain is standing with them. Only logic that matters is main character/main villain logic.
    If T'Challa and Killmonger never fight, I'll agree with that assessment. If they fight down the road, then Okoye getting a shot isn't that big a deal. We'll see.

If T'Challa and Killmonger never fight, I'll agree with that assessment. If they fight down the road, then Okoye getting a shot isn't that big a deal. We'll see.
    It is when Tchalla is standing right there. Would have been better if Tchalla was back talking with "Mother". This is just insulting storytelling.

Guy who I've been fighting against for eight+ years shows up and I don't say anything to him. Let someone who knows nothing about him handle it.

It is when Tchalla is standing right there. Would have been better if Tchalla was back talking with "Mother". This is just insulting storytelling.

Guy who I've been fighting against for eight+ years shows up and I don't say anything to him. Let someone who knows nothing about him handle it.
    Yeah, T'Challa was standing right there... but T'Challa was also being attacked by Zenzi. It's a pretty reasonable reason for him to target her first.

Yeah, T'Challa was standing right there... but T'Challa was also being attacked by Zenzi. It's a pretty reasonable reason for him to target her first.
    No, the Wakandans charge first. They get to pick their targets.

No, the Wakandans charge first. They get to pick their targets.
    Even if T'Challa hypothetically targeted someone else, point being once Zenzi targeted T'Challa it became a pretty reasonable course of action to put her down.

Even if she didn't target T'Challa, you can frankly make a pretty good arguement that she's the one you want to put down right out of the gate. And T'Challa, having a degree of resistance to her power, was the smart person to do it.

Even if T'Challa hypothetically targeted someone else, point being once Zenzi targeted T'Challa it became a pretty reasonable course of action to put her down.

Even if she didn't target T'Challa, you can frankly make a pretty good arguement that she's the one you want to put down right out of the gate. And T'Challa, having a degree of resistance to her power, was the smart person to do it.
    Refer to earlier post.

Refer to earlier post.
    If you don't see the logic of T'Challa chosing to attack someone who is attacking him, I guess we can agree to disagree. Made sense to me.

I don't think so. You commented on my post. I don't remember asking for your opinion. You can agree to disagree with yourself.
    Last edited by Cville; 10-30-2019 at 10:31 PM.

I don't think so. You commented on my post. I don't remember asking for your opinion. You can agree to disagree with yourself.
    Feel free to not agree to disagree if you like. It's a posting board, that's how it works. I'm just saying T'Challa attacking someone who attacks him makes sense. But hey, if others feel otherwise that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    We've been saying it since day one, Coates has a weird self hate of men. It's been glaring in everyone's faces since he's been writing this series. He's shows it on panel he's said it in interviews. Abd this issue, he downplays T'Challa so hard and has Storm acting high and mighty it's cringey, she basically said to Nakia "when inevitably leave for x world you can have my sloppy seconds till I get back loltrollface"

Every issue Coates continues to find new ways to cast shade on T'Challa
    I can't even defend Coates or Storm. I don't know who hurt him, i don't know what he got against dudes but his writing was just so off putting in this issue, That's exactly how Storm came off in my opinion and even that wasn't good enough. He had to have Storm try to taint Tchalla in Nakia's eyes all the while acting like she was being "womanly" by doing it. Womanly would have been trusting her man who has been nothing but good to her. And Coates took every dig he could this issue to make Tchalla look basic, to say men basically are all just men well **** that. I just.... If he wants to get on his soap box about the horrors of being a man just go get his Matrix brothers make over and be done with it cause the self hate is just pathetic at this point. I can not stand a man who can ONLY uplift a woman by downing other men. There is something inherently wrong about that and if it was reversed we would ALL have to know in our hearts and souls that its just wrong. He can miss me with all that, i know many good men, who are faithful and treat their women and other men fantastically. So i don't know if he get down, was abandoned or is just picking the wrong males to be around him but his self hate is toxic and poison imo.

I would NEVER recommend his stuff to a young man trying to discover himself in the world. NEVER. It's poison imo.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-31-2019 at 02:24 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    not true. he resisted zenzi control, which no one else was able to do and shot her with a spear.
    According to Coates' own writing, she doesn't HAVE mind control. She merely "reveals what is in men's hearts". So that's not much of a feat.

Now that I think about it, I don't recall if she's ever used her powers on a female character...

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    According to Coates' own writing, she doesn't HAVE mind control. She merely "reveals what is in men's hearts". So that's not much of a feat.

Now that I think about it, I don't recall if she's ever used her powers on a female character...
    Of course she hasn't. Coates is all about toxic femininity imo. Notice Storm couldn't even say Tchalla was a good man. he's "special..."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Day one, page one.
    Day 1, Interview 1 lol

Gotta give credit to Maj at least.

From Interview 1, a lot of us went, "that is weird, this sounds weird, ok stay optimistic"

Maj jumped off from the first interview paragraph lolol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    We've been saying it since day one, Coates has a weird self hate of men. It's been glaring in everyone's faces since he's been writing this series. He's shows it on panel he's said it in interviews. Abd this issue, he downplays T'Challa so hard and has Storm acting high and mighty it's cringey, she basically said to Nakia "when inevitably leave for x world you can have my sloppy seconds till I get back loltrollface"

Every issue Coates continues to find new ways to cast shade on T'Challa
    People who don't read every issue as closely as BP fanatics always come in on specific issues and go, "I dont see the big deal, you guys are exaggerating."

Because, a good deal of stuff Coates does is subtle. It is like a constant drip of shitting on T'challa (or the Line of Bashenga in general). It is little ****... ALL THE TIME. In a vacuum, each issue can be "fine." But, taken over 4 years of the same stuff over and over and over again.......

I was using Worlds Apart as my breakoff point because of Shadow King. Was Cable before or after that?
    Cable was before. He also broke through King Cadaver's mind control in Panther's Rage.

I give people a pass on certain telepaths and Shadow King is one of them. Shadow King, Charles... if they get to someone, you just kinda go, "ok lol." Kind of cream of the crop there.

The mind control thing always irks the hell out of me though. T'challa slapped Emma away with ease... WITH NO TECH. Just pure resist. Just like characters like Cap. It is a willpower thing. Cap told omega level Quiten Quire to test him once with PURE BRAIN POWER.

Coates comes along, and suddenly T'challa needs tech to stop random portal goons? Then it gets adopted to Agents of Wakanda where T'challa's suit stops Sentry's mind whammy (while the other characters beat it back by pure willpower).

Comics follow the solo's lead and now all of a sudden, T'challa needs tech to beat off telepaths. BORING

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I can't even defend Coates or Storm. I don't know who hurt him, i don't know what he got against dudes but his writing was just so off putting in this issue, That's exactly how Storm came off in my opinion and even that wasn't good enough. He had to have Storm try to taint Tchalla in Nakia's eyes all the while acting like she was being "womanly" by doing it. Womanly would have been trusting her man who has been nothing but good to her. And Coates took every dig he could this issue to make Tchalla look basic, to say men basically are all just men well **** that. I just.... If he wants to get on his soap box about the horrors of being a man just go get his Matrix brothers make over and be done with it cause the self hate is just pathetic at this point. I can not stand a man who can ONLY uplift a woman by downing other men. There is something inherently wrong about that and if it was reversed we would ALL have to know in our hearts and souls that its just wrong. He can miss me with all that, i know many good men, who are faithful and treat their women and other men fantastically. So i don't know if he get down, was abandoned or is just picking the wrong males to be around him but his self hate is toxic and poison imo.

I would NEVER recommend his stuff to a young man trying to discover himself in the world. NEVER. It's poison imo.
    A lot of us picked up on TNC's tendencies I think after that interview with Trevor Noah.

Dude is incredibly pessimistic with a TON of self hate for himself (black man). And then add in a strong dose of just not having a very science fiction brain and you get 4 years of tedious, boring, infuriating comics.

He has no respect for T'challa. His very first interviews 4 years ago, he basically just talked about how no man could ever resist using the Doras. No king could ever resist abusing his power. He simply cannot wrap his head around a superhero king of a progressive, African superpower country.

So, you get "no one man." You get stereotypical Hollywood Africa country filled with trafficing, abuse, warlords, and terrorists. You get a main character who can't solve problems himself. AT BEST, he is a delegater. At worst, he is dependent. Dependent on Shuri to break the Doras. Dependent on "honorable scholarly professor (hmmmm)" Changamire to break The People's mind control. Dependent on Eden to find his sister after he failed over and over. Dependent on Eden again to open the gates to his ancestors and then depending on them to defeat Tetu's army. Dependent on Storm emotionally and physically in regards to beating The Adversary. He goes tothis future Wakanda and after a few setbacks... QUITS! Has to be dragged out by nuNakia to keep fighting. Does he save the day? No, nuAchebe does lol.

What has T'challa actually done in 4 years? His only feats are finding people to fix the problems he fails at while taking constant shade from everyone around him.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Of course she hasn't. Coates is all about toxic femininity imo. Notice Storm couldn't even say Tchalla was a good man. he's "special..."

The more I read that conversation, the worse it gets.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html