Page 62 of 744 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162562 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm surprised by Shuri still going strong. I'm not reading it, but more power to it.

Very pleasantly surprised to see Black Panther nominated for best picture. That being said, I don't expect it to win. Some of the other awards it was nominated for should be clear wins for it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm surprised by Shuri still going strong. I'm not reading it, but more power to it.

Very pleasantly surprised to see Black Panther nominated for best picture. That being said, I don't expect it to win. Some of the other awards it was nominated for should be clear wins for it.
    Is she not in the upcoming Avenger movie?

Her trade comes out 2 weeks after that film. So if you are Marvel-you are going to make sure someone from a billion dollar film, Disney Princess and so on-has a book of her own out. To get promoted during the film interview and press release runs.

Also does her writer not have a tv show in the works with some big name person behind it?
    Also Shuri is a top 100-150 seller for Amazon Kindle and she is holding her own. Way better than her brother under Coates.
    When your book is up there ranked HIGHER than all Dc books not named Batman or Aquaman or some DC event. Something must be right.

In other words that book is justifying its existence. Now you got Miles & Ms Marvel-you probably secured Shuri issues 13-20.

And we all KNOW sooner or later Moon Girl, Riri, Shuri, Storm, Midnight Angels, Misty Knight & Monica will meet. You will see a black female The Crew story.

Could you blame them if they did it? From a business standpoint-why not. That would scream take my money if they did that.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Her trade comes out 2 weeks after that film. So if you are Marvel-you are going to make sure someone from a billion dollar film, Disney Princess and so on-has a book of her own out. To get promoted during the film interview and press release runs.

Also does her writer not have a tv show in the works with some big name person behind it?
    Also Shuri is a top 100-150 seller for Amazon Kindle and she is holding her own. Way better than her brother under Coates.
    When your book is up there ranked HIGHER than all Dc books not named Batman or Aquaman or some DC event. Something must be right.

In other words that book is justifying its existence. Now you got Miles & Ms Marvel-you probably secured Shuri issues 13-20.

And we all KNOW sooner or later Moon Girl, Riri, Shuri, Storm, Midnight Angels, Misty Knight & Monica will meet. You will see a black female The Crew story.

Could you blame them if they did it? From a business standpoint-why not. That would scream take my money if they did that.
    If the Shuri book sticks around maybe they can turn it into a Shuri and the Crew book. An all black girl Crew book might be fun. Never hurts to try and target the female demographic a bit more.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    My guess is she might have a few minutes in the third act. I don't think she'll have any more screentime than she had in Infinity War.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Reddit is weird. I am on there a lot, generally for lifting/powerlifting related stuff and some marvel comics stuff.

It is generally a pretty left leaning place (outside of the donald love forums)... until white privilege is challenged AT ALL in any shape way or form

then oooooo boy, it gets depressing really really really fast.
    BP can't possibly get nominated for best picture because muh Dark Knight and muh Logan didn't get one!

Marvel Studios sub is awful, which is really really weird. It is worse than the Marvel Comics sub, because one of the mods on the marvel comics sub I suspect is POC or female judging from their protection of BP posts at times.
    It was like I unearthed a den of cockroaches that were hiding behind a wall. I'm talkin quite a number of them (hundreds?) and i felt dirty even as i applied the Raid on their parade. I only like instigating unfans and neckbeards for 25-30% of my comic book internet time, the other 70-75% I actually want to discuss BP-related ish. However, that subreddit requires a reverse split lol which is ridiculous! It's like CBR forums back in 2003! Maybe these are the bastard kids from that era of posters? I mean, I'd just as soon post up in storm front or the youtube comments section if *all* i wanted to do was "reverse troll" racist white and asian f-boys all day. Jesus...

But it was fun callin all the BP haters a buncha pussies and watchin them all lose they damn mind tho

/rant

Oh btw, I am working on a much more detailed "black panther movie accolades" list lol. Almost finished it this morning but its my half day, def fninish it tomorrow lol. Gonna copy and paste it everywhere once im done
    Nothing good will come out of this list once it's in my possession. Is a bully of bullies no better a bully? The answer is I don't care
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

I got nominated for Best Supporting Point Man... Momma I made it!
    Get Hectic!

The farm.

He glanced at the makeshift scarecrow made of his own shiny armor propped up out in the field and then back down to the damaged gauntlet.

The Time Stone.

Naw, besides he was retired and supposed to be smiling on a grateful universe as the sun rises.

And yet...

Could he... Should he...

He thought of Gamora and what she would say if he dared to do such a thing in her sassy disrespectful way... She was right always right "literally" down to her last words.

Of course her sister Nebula would just pout and shake her part metal noggin disapprovingly but as father and head of the household he alone had the will to act.

And so he did...

Squeezing the gauntlet one last time and focusing on the Time Stone it lit up fluorescent green and did his bidding altering the time space continuum to reveal the spoiler.

A lone intergalactic scrabby looking vulture thing perched itself on the roof of his hut type home, squacked' loudly and looked down upon him knowingly.

Thanos: "Since you're my only audience I shall reveal this to you and you alone. Speak nothing of it to anyone."

The bird thingy narrowed it's eyes as if understanding the purple giant with the nut sack chin and seemed to listen intently.

Thanos: "The winner of Best Picture goes to... [Redacted]"

Satisfied the raptor stretched it's wings and flew off into the clouds disappearing into the stars above with a secret to die for.

Thanos sighed, rubbed his chest wound cursing Thor and his new hammer under his breathe and then fixed himself a sandwich on rye.

Having second thoughts Thanos snapped his fingers as the bird fell apart to ashes over a distant mountain blowing adrift in the high winds.

Thanos: "No more spoilers!"

Get Hectic!

The Academy Awards.

Presenting for Best Picture... Ebony Maw and Thanos.

Ebony Maw: "Hear me and rejoice! You have had the privilege of being nominated for an Academy Award. You might think The Dark Knight is better. No... It is exaggeration. The cinematic scales tip towards better fight choreography because of your director's cuts. Smile... For even at the box office you are all children of Wakanda."

Thanos: "I know what its like to lose. To feel so desperate that your movie is better yet to fail nonetheless. It's frightening. Turns your local comic shop to jelly. I ask you to what end. Dread it. Run from it. Wakanda Forever arrives all the same. And now it's here. Or should I say, Nominated."

Logan and Dark Knight fans collectively gasp and swallow the lumps in their throats...

Thanos: "The Academy Award or your favorite movie... I assume you have a preference."
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    The Academy Awards.

Thanos: "I know what its like to lose. To feel so desperate that your movie is better yet to fail nonetheless. It's frightening. Turns your local comic shop to jelly. I ask you to what end. Dread it. Run from it. Wakanda Forever arrives all the same. And now it's here. Or should I say, Nominated."

Logan and Dark Knight fans collectively gasp and swallow the lumps in their throats...
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

To all the people raging about BP best pic nom

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Dboi comes in the 4th quarter with the best gif by far. It is so good, I feel like it could get you banned if used with recklessly.

I'm saving that one.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

This gif is so bad but so funny, I'ma coin this one too

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Dboi comes in the 4th quarter with the best gif by far. It is so good, I feel like it could get you banned if used with recklessly.

I'm saving that one.
    Lol.

It's a clear representation of what is going on.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Bruh this gif been all over another forum for the exact same thing. It's hilarious. Absolutely love it.

Also, I officially deem this the Black Panther fan theme song