Page 623 of 744 FirstFirst ... 123523573613619620621622623624625626627633673723 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,345 of 11160
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    They would play off of each other well. But I think they’re better off as friends.
    Doesn't she have a husband or is that a delete page in the comics like it was in the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Doesn't she have a husband or is that a delete page in the comics like it was in the movie?
    Never canon in the comics. In fact, when she was a regular, she COULDN'T have a husband, as the Dora were still T'Challa's "wives-in-training".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    To me, having Okoye as a love interest would be kind of weird because it's a relationship where one technially has complete authority over the other. The upsode of a non-Wakandan dating T'Challa is they don't have that dynamic where T'Challa can sort of order his girlfriend/wife around. Maybe it's just me, that that sort of imbalance givnes off a sort of weird dynamic.

Someone like Coates Nakia or Zanda come off more as equals in the relationship. That seems a bit more normal to me.
    That's valid. A T'Challa-Okoye relationship doesn't have the best power dynamic for an interesting relationship. That's true to some extent for any Wakandan T'Challa dates, but especially in Okoye's case because she's his bodyguard and has to do whatever he says.

I definitely think Zanda is the best in the sense that she can have the most "equal" relationship due to having her own kingdom. It's a shame a writer hasn't positioned her as anything other than comic relief. She can be a mercenary, socialite, underworld boss, and archaeologist mixed into one if they took her seriously. The fact she's from the mythos is great too.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That's valid. A T'Challa-Okoye relationship doesn't have the best power dynamic for an interesting relationship. That's true to some extent for any Wakandan T'Challa dates, but especially in Okoye's case because she's his bodyguard and has to do whatever he says.

I definitely think Zanda is the best in the sense that she can have the most "equal" relationship due to having her own kingdom. It's a shame a writer hasn't positioned her as anything other than comic relief. She can be a mercenary, socialite, underworld boss, and archaeologist mixed into one if they took her seriously. The fact she's from the mythos is great too.
    Yeah, for whatever reason Priest and Hudlin didn't do poor Zanda any favors at least as far as making her a character you can take seriously. Not sure why, but she keeps being used as some sort of punchline in some sort of joke. Definate potential there. Not saying I'm necessarily shipping them as a couple or anything, but it never hurts to have your own Cat Woman in your rogues gallery. That's always fun.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, for whatever reason Priest and Hudlin didn't do poor Zanda any favors at least as far as making her a character you can take seriously. Not sure why, but she keeps being used as some sort of punchline in some sort of joke. Definate potential there. Not saying I'm necessarily shipping them as a couple or anything, but it never hurts to have your own Cat Woman in your rogues gallery. That's always fun.
    We had one, her name was Malice

So I can't wait for the next writer to come in and bring the Dora's back

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I repeat. AIM redshirts did better against Faustus than the Wakandan military. And Sunspot hadn't been in charge THAT long.

Sorry?
    I really liked the Beware Of Geek nom de plume.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I really liked the Beware Of Geek nom de plume.
    I liked it too... but it really doesn't fit me, these days. I don't have the energy, the venom, or indeed the desire to snark at folks anymore.

After 40+ years of reading comics, I'm just tired of fighting. Some are good, most are bad. And one sarcastic geek isn't going to change that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I liked it too... but it really doesn't fit me, these days. I don't have the energy, the venom, or indeed the desire to snark at folks anymore.

After 40+ years of reading comics, I'm just tired of fighting. Some are good, most are bad. And one sarcastic geek isn't going to change that.
    I never saw you as being sarcastic or snarky.

Nevertheless, I respect your decision my brother.

Where is Waldo... Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego... What happened to Beware of Geek...

Flex Hectic: "DigiCom... Can he be trusted?"

Get Hectic!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    BO? No more deodorant in space? Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lol. Type o's make great comedy. BO in space. Gonna be chuckling about that all night.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    We had one, her name was Malice
    Yeah, killing off Malice was kind of a waste. I get wanting movie synergy, but she was a pretty good character. More definately could have been done with her.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Perrhaps in good faith you should read the pages and pages of posts explaining exactly what issues people had with the issue before making a blanket statement and asking a redundant question. All the info you asked for was right there but instead you wanted to act brand new and making grand assumptions. Doesn't sound like a good faith start to a discussion to me.
    I was going to ignore this because all my points are still my points 100% (like VH1 is beloved by millions despite of class that doesn't make it less garbage lol) so no need in me being redundant just to argue BUT I must say I have read every post of the BP forums for at least 3 years now lol probably longer...I disagree with the forum's perspective more than I agree but I def read what yall got to say even if I hate it......kinda like some people reading BP LOL
    Last edited by RDMXV; 11-04-2019 at 12:57 AM.

Saw they're adding some BP characters to the Marvel Crisis Protocol tabletop RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I never saw you as being sarcastic or snarky.

Nevertheless, I respect your decision my brother.
    Thanks, brother Maj.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Flex Hectic: "DigiCom... Can he be trusted?"
    No.