Page 625 of 744 FirstFirst ... 125525575615621622623624625626627628629635675725 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,375 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If they want a new Cat Womsn, Coates Nakia actually works better in a lot of ways. Firstly the age thing. But secondly Tchalla actually did have romantic feelings for her, unlike the previous version. That actually makes for better sexual tension, which is ideally what you want in a cat woman.
    T'Challa isn't that type of character. He isn't like Peter, T'Challa would look for someone to help him lead his nation, not a F buddy. Plus again how malice came to be is such an old trope, do we really need to see it happen again? First with Monica bow with Storm? At least Monica made sense because she is a BP character

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    T'Challa isn't that type of character. He isn't like Peter, T'Challa would look for someone to help him lead his nation, not a F buddy. Plus again how malice came to be is such an old trope, do we really need to see it happen again? First with Monica bow with Storm? At least Monica made sense because she is a BP character
    I really hope nunakia won’t become the new Malice. Just have her decked out in a fine looking green suit like she has in the MCU and have her be a regular member of the supporting cast when this arc is over.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Has Coates given up on new readership?

The serpent valley and former resurrection alter are brought up in this issue. But I don't think they've been brought up in any of his work before. So without narration boxes or previous comic reference boxes, a new reader wouldn't know about these places. And you'd only know that Killmonger is supposed to be in Niganda if you read Hudlin because WoW #1 doesn't show him dying in Niganda.

I'm not saying he's looking for an f buddy. Just saying a cat woman type character works better when there is an existing attraction there. It creates a sexual tension. Whether or not he acts on it is another matter entirely. Its what makes a Cat Woman type villain work.

Who said Catwoman...

Get Hectic!

NOPE... I changed my mind I want a Talia al Ghul type love interest in the form of Princess Zanda!

Get Hectic!

WAIT... How is Wakanda in the Garden of Eden "Africa" and there is no Poison Ivy type villainess!

Get Hectic!

I'm not saying he's looking for an f buddy. Just saying a cat woman type character works better when there is an existing attraction there. It creates a sexual tension. Whether or not he acts on it is another matter entirely. Its what makes a Cat Woman type villain work.
    If he doesn't act on it (which he wouldn't) then It's just another malice character who's obsessed with him. Thats how it was in Priests run, hell even redjacks panther quest had Zanda interested in T'Challa but it was one sided.

With T'Challa, it's going to more so be women pursue him but he had eyes set for one person but it's clear people want him

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Has Coates given up on new readership?

The serpent valley and former resurrection alter are brought up in this issue. But I don't think they've been brought up in any of his work before. So without narration boxes or previous comic reference boxes, a new reader wouldn't know about these places. And you'd only know that Killmonger is supposed to be in Niganda if you read Hudlin because WoW #1 doesn't show him dying in Niganda.
    It's not just new readers. He's given up on just about all BP readers for sure.

Only a handful of people find his BP appealing and most of them are there for other characters, not T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    WAIT... How is Wakanda in the Garden of Eden "Africa" and there is no Poison Ivy type villainess!

Zenzi I guess.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

so I'm thinking based on that cover (and I could be wrong) nakia is the spy okoye spoke of and is working with njadaka. by the hadari yao I hope I'm right!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so I'm thinking based on that cover (and I could be wrong) nakia is the spy okoye spoke of and is working with njadaka. by the hadari yao I hope I'm right!!
    She's a terrible spy, she let him fall into a trap to get killed. lol

If he doesn't act on it (which he wouldn't) then It's just another malice character who's obsessed with him. Thats how it was in Priests run, hell even redjacks panther quest had Zanda interested in T'Challa but it was one sided.

With T'Challa, it's going to more so be women pursue him but he had eyes set for one person but it's clear people want him
    The difference here is that he actually has feelings for Coates Nakia. Plus, he legally would be able to act on those feelings in most countries if he did.

A one sided thing is fine, but having a mutual attraction makes the relationship more complex and potentially more interesting. Potentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    She's a terrible spy, she let him fall into a trap to get killed. lol
    Whoever the spy is didn't do the best job in the world having the emperors back, that's for sure.

But the spy has to be someone we theoretically shouldn't expect. Like Nakia or Mbaku (not saying its necessarilythem). Someone that at least somewhat matters.

The difference here is that he actually has feelings for Coates Nakia. Plus, he legally would be able to act on those feelings in most countries if he did.

A one sided thing is fine, but having a mutual attraction makes the relationship more complex and potentially more interesting. Potentially.
    The age of consent world wide is averaged at 16. Ross never said she was younger than 18, he just said they looked like it.