Page 627 of 744 FirstFirst ... 127527577617623624625626627628629630631637677727 ... LastLast
Results 9,391 to 9,405 of 11160
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Wakanda.

The Wakanda Design Group laboratory.

Princess Shuri: "I have to go oversee upgrades on the new Royal Talon Fighters... If you need anything your Kimoyo beads are linked into the main CPU just use voice command to make it quicker."

King T'challa: "Thanks Shuri."

After Shuri scurries out...

King T'challa: "Kimoyo this is King T'challa."

Kimoyo: "Voice recognition accepted... How may I help you King T'challa?"

King T'challa: "I want you to access blackpeoplemeet.com and profile potential suitors for queenship."

Kimoyo: "Accessing blackpeoplemeet.com now..."

King T'challa flips through a Wakanda Forever magazine as the CPU processes algorythimically glancing at various articles like Dora Milage diet and fitness tips, the hidden truth about King Killmonger and some scandal about the late Zuri frequenting strip clubs in the greater Oaktown area.

King T'challa: "I didn't know Zuri knew MC Hammer and Too Short..."

Kimoyo: "Matches found your highness... I inputed your data of likes and dislikes and narrowed options down to several candidates."

King T'challa: "Show me."

Kimoyo: "Miss Monica Lynn... A singer with credit issues but a great personality and people person..."

King T'challa: "Uhm no... Next."

Kimoyo: "Queen Divine Justice... A radical pro-black militant feminist with WOKE tendencies and a big butt and a smile..."

King T'challa: "Hell to the naw... Next."

Kimoyo: "Jennifer Walters... An attorney with special..."

King T'challa: "She's not black... She's green."

Kimoyo: "Person of color..."

King T'challa: "Next."

Kimoyo: "P.Z."

King T'challa: "P... Z..."

Kimoyo: "It's just the initials no name... However she is of royal blood and she lives close by and has a taste for archeology, quantum science and sweet potato pie."

King T'challa: "Is there a picture?"

Kimoyo: "Negative of subject but there is a picture of a dark coated leopard chained beneath an empty throne... Curious."

King T'challa: "So she likes Black Panthers then?"

Kimoyo: "Shall I arrange a meet and greet?"

King T'challa: "Yes, she could be misses T'challa... Why not take a chance."

Kimoyo: "She has responded and agrees to meet you by the south rim of the vibranium mine."

King T'challa: "Exactly how close did you say she lived?"

Kimoyo: "Neigboring Narobia to be exact."

King T'challa: "So she's African, of royal blood and likes sweet potato pie... I'll dress casually then."

Kimoyo: "Very good sire."

King T'challa: "And Kimoyo... Please delete all info on this conversation I don't want Shuri all up in my Kool-aid when she don't know the flavor."

Kimoyo: "Will do your highness and please enjoy your date."
    P.Z.? Who the hell is P.Z.??

Oh. Ohhhhhhhhh!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Trying to make sense of Coates convoluted nonsense, is nothing more than an exercise in futility.

It's rather shameful that Marvel has no problem changing or assigning solid writers and creative with proven track records to every other book other than the Black Panther solo.

There's no justifiable reason for Coates to have been given the leeway to thoroughly subvert the BP mythos in the way in which he has done with the able assistance of a somewhat lackadaisical editorial team who seem not to give a damn about the damage that this writer has done this far to T'Challa and his unique mythos.

The fact that practically all of T'Challa's strongest characterisations and feats have occurred outside of his actual solo book, says more about Coates steadfast agenda to run the character down and destroy the mythos in the process, than anything else, whilst illustrating just how uninterested Marvel editorial seem to be in harnessing the good will that the hugely successful Black Panther movie generated.

Go read any other prominent Marvel superheroes books especially during big events like Thor's War Of The Realms event to see how both Thor and other Marvel characters such as the Punisher in particular, were portrayed when facing off against insurmountable odds and conditions outside of their particular wheelhouse, wherein Frank Castle was taking out all manner of Norse mythology based threats without breaking a sweat.

That's why I just shake my head when some readers/posters seek to foist their ideas as to what consists as "reality" onto the fictional worldof T'Challa and his mythos whilst refusing to apply the same "logic" to other Marvel intellectual properties.
    I feel this more than you know. I'm certainly not afraid to admit that I like his brand of comics, but I cannot deny that I'm in desperate need of some undisputed single handed curbstomps across the cosmos. We need arm bars on Thanos and Galactus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    You are missing the point. It doesn't matter if he had feelings for them. He was married to Storm, hit when it came to the fate of his nation or storm he chose his nation. That's how he was raised. He is a king his choices affect million's of people. He can't let a villain go just because he was attracted to then once. Old Nakia he had raised her since she was a little girl and had a deep connection to her, that didn't stop him from getting ready to end her life because of the damage she was causing
    I never said he would let a villain go just because he had feelings for her. It's not like Batman hasn't tried taking Cat Woman into custody plenty of times.

Again, the point is simply that there's a degree of sexual tension there because they had feeling for each other. It makes for a potentially interesting dynamic.

Picked up Villans for Hire 0.1 in the .25 dollar bin. Tchalla was doing his Hells' Kitchen gig. MoS, I thing you posted an image from it a ways back. Are there anymore appearances like this? Dialogue was rough, but action was decent.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Wakanda.

The Wakanda Design Group laboratory.

Princess Shuri: "I have to go oversee upgrades on the new Royal Talon Fighters... If you need anything your Kimoyo beads are linked into the main CPU just use voice command to make it quicker."

King T'challa: "Thanks Shuri."

After Shuri scurries out...

King T'challa: "Kimoyo this is King T'challa."

Kimoyo: "Voice recognition accepted... How may I help you King T'challa?"

King T'challa: "I want you to access blackpeoplemeet.com and profile potential suitors for queenship."

Kimoyo: "Accessing blackpeoplemeet.com now..."

King T'challa flips through a Wakanda Forever magazine as the CPU processes algorythimically glancing at various articles like Dora Milage diet and fitness tips, the hidden truth about King Killmonger and some scandal about the late Zuri frequenting strip clubs in the greater Oaktown area.

King T'challa: "I didn't know Zuri knew MC Hammer and Too Short..."

Kimoyo: "Matches found your highness... I inputed your data of likes and dislikes and narrowed options down to several candidates."

King T'challa: "Show me."

Kimoyo: "Miss Monica Lynn... A singer with credit issues but a great personality and people person..."

King T'challa: "Uhm no... Next."

Kimoyo: "Queen Divine Justice... A radical pro-black militant feminist with WOKE tendencies and a big butt and a smile..."

King T'challa: "Hell to the naw... Next."

Kimoyo: "Jennifer Walters... An attorney with special..."

King T'challa: "She's not black... She's green."

Kimoyo: "Person of color..."

King T'challa: "Next."

Kimoyo: "P.Z."

King T'challa: "P... Z..."

Kimoyo: "It's just the initials no name... However she is of royal blood and she lives close by and has a taste for archeology, quantum science and sweet potato pie."

King T'challa: "Is there a picture?"

Kimoyo: "Negative of subject but there is a picture of a dark coated leopard chained beneath an empty throne... Curious."

King T'challa: "So she likes Black Panthers then?"

Kimoyo: "Shall I arrange a meet and greet?"

King T'challa: "Yes, she could be misses T'challa... Why not take a chance."

Kimoyo: "She has responded and agrees to meet you by the south rim of the vibranium mine."

King T'challa: "Exactly how close did you say she lived?"

Kimoyo: "Neigboring Narobia to be exact."

King T'challa: "So she's African, of royal blood and likes sweet potato pie... I'll dress casually then."

Kimoyo: "Very good sire."

King T'challa: "And Kimoyo... Please delete all info on this conversation I don't want Shuri all up in my Kool-aid when she don't know the flavor."

Kimoyo: "Will do your highness and please enjoy your date."
    I've been reppin' Zanda for years now. Makes too much sense.

The Talia R'as Ghul angle would be perfect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I feel this more than you know. I'm certainly not afraid to admit that I like his brand of comics, but I cannot deny that I'm in desperate need of some undisputed single handed curbstomps across the cosmos. We need arm bars on Thanos and Galactus.
    I personally don't need to see T'Challa applying his martial arts techniques to Galactus or Thanos when superior writers such as Al Ewing have already shown him using his super genius level intellect to overcome the threat levels posed by both of those cosmic level beings.

As a Black Panther enthusiast, I just want to see T'Challa portrayed as the super genius level intellect that his creators, Lee and Kirby, launched him into the MU as before it became fashionable for clueless writers to write him as an utterly irrelevant milquetoast joke.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 11-06-2019 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I personally don't need to see T'Challa applying is martial arts techniques to Galactus or Thanos when superior writers such as Al Ewing have already shown him using his super genius level intellect to overcome the threat levels posed by both of those cosmic level beings.

As a Black Panther enthusiast, I just want to see T'Challa portrayed as the super genius level intellect that his creators, Lee and Kirby, launched him into the MU as before it became fashionable for clueless writers to write him as an utterly irrelevant milquetoast joke.
    Pretty much this plus a few more.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Pretty much this plus a few more.
    I just want a well done Black Panther that is on top of the POC hero chain because he EARNED through well done stories not because Distinguish Competition don't care about black folks (or waiting for Virgil O Hawkins's Step Mom makes up with his uncles & cousin Reginald).

Even Tyler Perry had to step up his game with Kevin Hart, Ava, Ryan & Jordan Peeple made their presence known.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I just want a well done Black Panther that is on top of the POC hero chain because he EARNED through well done stories not because Distinguish Competition don't care about black folks (or waiting for Virgil O Hawkins's Step Mom makes up with his uncles & cousin Reginald).

Even Tyler Perry had to step up his game with Kevin Hart, Ava, Ryan & Jordan Peeple made their presence known.
    Look at Miles Morales. Dude is doing his thing in his own book. Heck even Black Lightning is standing his ground with Batman in The Outsiders.

T'Challa is being written like a C/D list character. Stories are just boring.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I never said he would let a villain go just because he had feelings for her. It's not like Batman hasn't tried taking Cat Woman into custody plenty of times.

Again, the point is simply that there's a degree of sexual tension there because they had feeling for each other. It makes for a potentially interesting dynamic.
    how would it be interesting? The only thing about it would be "former attraction Turned villain" and it would end there. He wouldn't treat them any different then any other villain. Even if they were being playful and flirty and trying to mess with him while commiting a crime, he'd just take them down without batting an eye

Look at Miles Morales. Dude is doing his thing in his own book. Heck even Black Lightning is standing his ground with Batman in The Outsiders.

T'Challa is being written like a C/D list character. Stories are just boring.
    T'Challa is being written like a character who Marvel doesn't really know what to do with (in his solo, the rest of the writers get it) so Coates is able to weave a destructive tale that starts him in a low spot and ends with him in the same spot but other characters are in a better place

I want a Panther who can come up with a smarter solution than me.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I want a Panther writer who can come up with better stories than Coates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    how would it be interesting? The only thing about it would be "former attraction Turned villain" and it would end there. He wouldn't treat them any different then any other villain. Even if they were being playful and flirty and trying to mess with him while commiting a crime, he'd just take them down without batting an eye
    Because the interaction between 2 characters can often be far more compelling when they have a history together and actually give a damn about each other. It becomes personal.

Plus a little flirting can be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I want a Panther writer who can come up with better stories than Coates.
    I want a panther writer who can come up with their give a damn and write T'Challa fully realised and unleashed