Page 636 of 744 FirstFirst ... 136536586626632633634635636637638639640646686736 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,540 of 11160
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don’t think we’ve even seen a Black Panther with a Dora as a wife. But people don’t care about what’s actually (not) in the comics and use them as a smear against the mythos.

There needs to be an explicit statement from someone in the comics that the Dora haven’t been used as potential wives for millennia so the whole thing can be put to rest.
    It's actually quite fascinating to observe the level of cognitive dissonance that goes into pushing a false narrative just to support a non-existent position.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    THe problem wasn't just whether or not any BP used them as wives, but the simple issue that they theoretically could if they felt like it. In World Apart, after Storm and BPs fight it was mentioned that the Doras might be needed as wives in training again for the king. I think that's part of the reason the Doras had to break off entirely... that puts it all to rest entirely
    Who wrote "Worlds Apart?"

Oh it was Chris Yost, another X-writer who thought it was a good idea to write non-existent drama into another characters distinctive mythos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Well, when the story was written, T'Chaka was still the Panther in WW2, so it had to have been at LEAST older than him, which means 1930's or older.

And frankly, when folks talk about "old customs" it's usually not something invented last week.

In real-world debates, it's up to the person making a point to prove it. As the old saying goes "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof".

Yes, it's entirely possible that, in the 19th century and earlier, most Panther Kings married Dora Milaje. It's equally possible that they regularly wore lederhosen and called themselves Gustav. Since there's quite literally only a handful of stories describing Wakandan history in general, it's all merely supposition, and reveals more about the person making the claim than Panther himself.
    Excellent post from one of the best BP mythos historians posting in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    In real-world debates, it's up to the person making a point to prove it. As the old saying goes "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof".

Yes, it's entirely possible that, in the 19th century and earlier, most Panther Kings married Dora Milaje. It's equally possible that they regularly wore lederhosen and called themselves Gustav. Since there's quite literally only a handful of stories describing Wakandan history in general, it's all merely supposition, and reveals more about the person making the claim than Panther himself.
    Yeah, don't tell me what me could have potentially happen, show me that it happened.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, don't tell me what me could have potentially happen, show me that it happened.
    And then people come in here and start talking about imagined "inner bias" when the only "bias" on display, is that which they brought along with them into the thread themselves.

Much like the I'll informed bias Coates brought along with him on his ongoing derailment of the BP mythos that stood sacrosanct and unique long before he came along.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 11-09-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Who wrote "Worlds Apart?"

Oh it was Chris Yost, another X-writer who thought it was a good idea to write non-existent drama into another characters distinctive mythos.
    As much shade as X-Writers throw at Wakanda, you'd think they'd keep Storm at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    And then people come in here and start talking about imagined "inner bias" when the only "bias" on display, is that which the brought along with them into the thread themselves.

Much like the I'll informed bias Coates brought along with him on his ongoing derailment of the BP mythos that stood sacrosanct and unique long before he came along.
    Well let's see:

Comparing BP to Spider-Man
    Throwing in rape camps and giving Wakanda the Boko Haram treatment
    Having BP consult with dictators to help him with his problems
    Saying he doesn't like being king
    Getting slammed by Joe Average
    Lame villains
    Needs help beating lame villains
    Making Wakanda a democracy which nobody else is recognizing
    No feats(everyone else gets them)
    Wakandans don't even own the country they founded
    Somehow ruins a space/sci/fi story

Y'up BCB, that's some major derailment and frakkery.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The issue really isn't whether or not Tchalla would or wouldn't... obviously marvel won't go there. But the fact that the system is in place at all I think can be seen as objectionable.
    The system isn't an issue when in panel its been explained thst he doesn't take advantage of it, and never has and never will, ontop of it being a way to keep tribes from fighting

Well let's see:

Lame villains

Don't forget, ignoring continuity... Even his own

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Don't forget, ignoring continuity... Even his own
    Well, when the dumb isht you do doesn't make any sense, I guess you have to ignore your own continuity.

There is an extra page for the agents of W preview. Thanks Ture.

Ultimate Member

The Doras may not have been around for a millennia. They could have been as recent as T'Chaka who married an outsider.

No mention of a Panther King ever becoming involved with a Dora.
    I'm not sure that's true. In Rage of Panther, wasn't it retconned that T'Challa's half brother was the son of a Dora?

Also, ye Gods, what an obscure character to bring out of canon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm not sure that's true. In Rage of Panther, wasn't it retconned that T'Challa's half brother was the son of a Dora?

Also, ye Gods, what an obscure character to bring out of canon.
    In Rise of BP, I think he's the son of a courtesan. If we're talking about the brother who turned into a pink monster.
    Last edited by Cville; 11-09-2019 at 03:15 PM.

BANNED

As much shade as X-Writers throw at Wakanda, you'd think they'd keep Storm at home.
    Nah, the wannabe X-writer Coates, thought he could throw T'Challa, Wakanda and the entire BP mythos under the bus by using his elevation of Storm within another characters solo book, as a means to Trojan horse into the X-office.

Unfortunately for him, all his efforts amounted to nothing, as Jonathan Hickman was handed the keys to the X-verse with carte blanche overall authority to streamline and solidify the entire line of X-books.

Coates non-imaginaion having self would never have been allowed to unleash his lacklustre writing over there but in the meantime, core BP enthusiasts are supposed to endure his derivative anti T'Challa/Wakanda toxicity.

BANNED

Well let's see:

Lame villains

Brother mine, when you quote chapter and verse like this, how anyone can have the audacity to come in here and celebrate Coates take on the BP mythos remains an utter mystery to me. Lol!