Page 643 of 744 FirstFirst ... 143543593633639640641642643644645646647653693743 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,645 of 11160

Endgame concept art of BP armor and mechs. I hope ideas like these get used in BP sequels or future Avengers movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Except the vows aren't just spiritual. Priest on his own website flat out stated a King can take advantage of a DM if he chooses to... it's just that T'Challa obviously wasn't interested in doing so.

Which ulltimately is the problem. You have young underage teenage girls being put in a position by the government where they can theoretically be taken advantage of. If they were Purely nuns, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    The irony that two actual Roman Catholic Nuns who were sent to Africa have returned pregnant is probably lost on you. Lol!

BANNED

They may well ignore or reverse SOME things Coates did... what I don't believe is that they will ignore Coates ending the wives in training aspect of the DM. I don't think anyone at marvel necessarily likes that aspect of it, and I very much doubt any writer will ever bring it back.
    But Marvel supposedly like the tripe Coates is pushing through the BP mythos.

Yes?
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 11-12-2019 at 02:54 PM.

BANNED

There's certainly no absolute gurantee it will ever be mentioned again... but in the least having them NOT be brides in training greatly increases the odds of the books not mentioning that they're brides in training. They needed to establish on panel that they weren't, and them breaking away from the throne decisively does just that.
    Why is this non-issue so important to some people?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I mean I kinda agree with DigiCom here that there's too much overlap. I also think it doesn't make for great worldbuilding and fleshing out Wakanda, making feel less whole and lived in. I think if you establish groups with specific skill sets and keep them within their ranges it doesn't lead to the red-shirt problem.

The royal guards are stoic, unreactive statue-like guards of the palace. All you need to know is that they're exist, they're in their post and they defend the palace directly should it ever be under attack. They don't need character development honestly. Same with the armed forces. All you need to know is that they're there and they can do their jobs when there's a war. No need for development also. Likewise with the intelligence agency (technically you need two for domestic and international but we'll focus on international for now) you only need to know a few players. Like Nakia who could be one of their operatives.

The Dora and the Hatut should get the most focus because by their nature you'd either see them the most (as the personal bodyguards of the king and royal family) or are the most interesting (as the special/black ops team). You can give the Hatut the best tech and the Dora the most fight scenes like Hudlin and Priest did.
    Fair point. Though let's be real, if the Wakandan soldiers or Royal guard looked like they did in that panel up above you know like me you would want to see then in action lol.

As for the Dora's and HZ. I don't mind them getting the most focus as well. It would have to be very defined though. The Dora's have standard gear and a specialty (such as close quarters combat and advanced weapons training) maybe some of Priests standard gear (like the boots, with energy spears rather then daggers
    while the HZ focus soley marksmanship and using the latest tech the WDG has to offer both newly released and prototype. But you gotta put somewhere the big stuff. Prowler's, N'Yami motherships, any other cool vehicle tech. Which is where the Wakandan armed forces at least needs a face (maybe wkabi) to utilize it
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 11-12-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Endgame concept art of BP armor and mechs. I hope ideas like these get used in BP sequels or future Avengers movies.

Dude... I want the 2nd and 3rd images in comic's too! That should already be a thing. I want all of this in the MCU and MU since yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    But Marvel supposedly let me the tripe Coates is pushing through the BP mythos.

Yes?
    No one else brought that up except Coates. He ignored Hickman's ending to give us Third World Wakanda.

Notice that we haven't seen any of the technological aspects of Wakanda, a society built on tech advancements?

Yet "wives-in-training" was the first thing that came in his mind.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Narobia.

Live podcast.

Topic: Should Wakanda Be Cancelled.

1-800-ZANDARULES

Zanda: "Caller you're on..."

Agazunga: "This is Agazunga from the greater Congo area and I wanted to know why Wakanda has not gotten involved with the civil wars raging here every other week."

Zanda: "Me too... Them xenophobic selfish people is all about themselves and they vibranium. They don't care about you and me or the common man. Next caller you're on..."

Adisa: "I'm from Nigeria and rumor has it that some of their secret service War Dogs killed some of our men in a late night ambush as they was coming home from work with groceries."

Zanda: "I can neither confirm nor deny this but my sources say that it all started over his 'girlfriend' Nakia dating one of those soldiers and Prince T'cholley got all jealous and went on a tirade something about his daddy died and whatnot... You know how he do... Next caller..."

Paul Rusesabagina: "This is Paul from Hotel Rwanda... 'BEEP' Wakanda and everything they stand for as they sat aside and let all types of people suffer while they lived in comfort."

Zanda: "Hey Paul, I just want you to know that the people of Narobia stand with you and other Africans in need all over the motherland."

Paul Rusesabagina: "Hey speaking of that your donations check bounced so if you could resend..."

(click)

Zanda: "Next caller..."

Bill: "Hi, I'm African American..."

Zanda: "Greetings from across the pond my Pan African brotha."

Bill: "Is it true that Wakanda and some Avengers tried to stop Thanos by themselves instead of reaching out to other African armies and possibly some Navy Seal involvement... I mean I get that they are 'unconquerable' and all but to risk half the universe' living beings just doesn't make sense to me."

Zanda: "Aint nothing but two thangs in Wakanda... Vibranium and big egos. T'cholley could have called me I got some tough soldiers over here in Narobia but NAW they wanted to hog all the glory for themselves in case they won. They could have involved Latveria, Atlantis, Russia, China and a whole bunch of other African nations just around the corner but that's how they do to keep their precious secrets. I had close friends turn to ash right in front of me and did not have a clue as to why. Next caller..."

Ororo: "This is Storm speaking... I represent Kenya and I would like to point out that Wakanda has sent my people a whole lot of aid and support so I don't get all the hate you throw at them."

Zanda: "Listeners this is Miss Ororo Munroe of the X-men and on the low she is doing the dayum thang with King T'challa so no wonder he gives her country aid and probably quietly funds the X-men for some sidepiece quid co pro action but I aint said nothing but a word."

Ororo: "LOOK... He is a great friend and ally in the super hero community!"

Zanda: "The WHITE super hero community with your blue eyed self and that hair aint real we see through all that Maybelline... You don't even rep Africa much anyway so Cancel Culture about to say Bye Felicia!"

Ororo: "You are about to experience some bad weather you keep running your mouth like that."

Zanda: "Listeners she just mad because I expelled all mutants out of my country... Aint my fault you're background eye candy in every Xavier School of Gifted Students photo-op. I just issued a tornado warning throughout my country so WHATEVAH bring it weather witch!"

Ororo: "I am a highly respected member of..."

(click)

Zanda: "Anywho... Speaking of T'cholley we had a date the other night and NEGRO with the fake accent tried to press me for information like I'm one them brainwashed Dora's he has hanging around steppin' and fetching' and whatnot. People it's time that we officially CANCELLED Wakanda as a staff, record label and a crew... Hit Em Up! Long live Killmonger!"
    This was brilliant.

What's interesting is, the chick who created #BlackPantherSoLit fits the role of Zanda perfectly and it was in her voice I was reading the dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

This makes me somewhat annoyed that this got scrapped. Hopefully for the sequel but I’m ready to be let down.

Apparently, Chadwick Boseman once auditioned for Drax the Destroyer long ago. They felt that the regalness, ferocity and dignity displayed in his audition was better suited for T'Challa instead.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1194334549573922816

Frankly, I'd rather have a real supporting cast with actual personalities, and not worry too much about which part of the Wakandan military/intelligence apparatus they report to.

I mean, compare what we know about Akili vs. some of the classic cast, like W'kabi or Taku. He's basically a cipher... so much so when he first appeared, I thought he was Kasper.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Frankly, I'd rather have a real supporting cast with actual personalities, and not worry too much about which part of the Wakandan military/intelligence apparatus they report to.

I mean, compare what we know about Akili vs. some of the classic cast, like W'kabi or Taku. He's basically a cipher... so much so when he first appeared, I thought he was Kasper.
    I dont need a full rundown, but I think having them have set skills and abilities would be a good thing.

Okoye - Reps the Dm

W'Kabi - reps the Wakandan army

Kasper/Akili - reps the HZ

Shuri, NuNakia as the main supporting cast. A few named Dora's could show up with Okoye every once and a while. Same for the HZ and Wakandan army.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Simple. Coates.

Some states still have marriage at 16 as legal on the books and some have anal sex as a crime. Someone please find the comics dealing with this.
    Good luck with finding either one of those subjects given mileage in any mainstream comic book.

The utter hypocrisy inherent in griping over an aspect of a distinct cultural mechanism whose purpose has been clearly explained, illustrated and expanded upon within the BP mythos whilst viewing said cultural scenario through the jaundiced eye of Western ideology, is something that is somewhat expected in the absence of self awareness.

It's like some folks willingly choose to live in an arrogant bubble of perceived ideological superiority whilst remaining wilfully blind to the irony of assuming that the social thematic they've chosen to subscribe to is sacrosanct and universally applicable irrespective of culture.

As you and more than a few other posters have pointed out, some states within the USA, have the legal age of marriage as 16.

The legal age of sexual consent in the United Kingdom is also 16, so for some individuals to make a song and dance over 16 year old Brides in Training within a fictional milieu as if it's the worst thing ever, and go on, to make the utterly false equivalence with Coates introduction of Rape camps into Wakanda, is just mind boggling to say the very least.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 11-12-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Ultimate Member

All this talk regarding the Dora reminds me of Walt simonson discussing Orion 25, way back when.

In the comic itself, he'd revealed that Mr. Miracle possessed the anti-life equation, that the New God embodiment of freedom had within him the means to control every living ting, yet had never used it (until this series). The why of it was excellently explained, and while I'm not a fan of Orion in general, I'm glad to have the issue in my collection.

But when discussing it online, Walt expressed some egret at what he'd done. He was certain that a later writer would have Scott throwing around the anti-life equation willy nilly. That they would ignore the nuance of the issue itself, missing the point of the issue itself.

And later came Jim Starlin, and guess what happened...?

Seems like some writers just refuse to 'get it'

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    All this talk regarding the Dora reminds me of Walt simonson discussing Orion 25, way back when.

In the comic itself, he'd revealed that Mr. Miracle possessed the anti-life equation, that the New God embodiment of freedom had within him the means to control every living ting, yet had never used it (until this series). The why of it was excellently explained, and while I'm not a fan of Orion in general, I'm glad to have the issue in my collection.

But when discussing it online, Walt expressed some egret at what he'd done. He was certain that a later writer would have Scott throwing around the anti-life equation willy nilly. That they would ignore the nuance of the issue itself, missing the point of the issue itself.

And later came Jim Starlin, and guess what happened...?

Seems like some writers just refuse to 'get it'
    That is sadly true.

Speaking of things some people just refuse to get, how about people dogging Wakanda for withholding the cure for cancer and justifying it by saying that if they did give it away, it would only be turned into a weapon by greedy and power-hungry bastards? Given that Norman Osborn, of all people, came up with his own cure for cancer during Dark Reign for the purpose of killing Deadpool by overloading his healing factor, that doesn't sound like Wakanda was that far off the mark, now does it?
    The spider is always on the hunt.