Page 645 of 744 FirstFirst ... 145545595635641642643644645646647648649655695 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,675 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yes a specific weaponized cancer for Wade. Now think for just a second. If there was one made to kill Wade. What makes you think there wouldn't be a VERY simple change made that can therefore give anybody and everybody cancer. That much should be clear. It wouldn't just stop at wade
    The plot for Will Smiths' "I am Legend" involved the cure for Cancer or Aids? A villain could weaponize it to do something like that.

I also liked Avengers. Its been a really good read. I like seeing T'Challa abd Steve talking like friends too, i miss their interactions

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yes a specific weaponized cancer for Wade. Now think for just a second. If there was one made to kill Wade. What makes you think there wouldn't be a VERY simple change made that can therefore give anybody and everybody cancer. That much should be clear. It wouldn't just stop at wade
    As far as we know it did stop with just Wade because the west does have the cure for cancer (as we saw in Dark Reign) and thus far it hasn't been weaponized to endanger anyone but Wade.

The cure can save a hundred million lives, and potentially endangers just one. And since the western world has the cure for cancer anyways, at this point is there even a reason to withhold it?
    Last edited by XPac; 11-13-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Cure for cancer...

Sometimes it doesn't quite work out how you scripted it!

Wakanda.

The Wakanda Design group laboratory medical division.

Dr Solomon Prey: "Inform your brother the king that I did it!"

Princess Shuri: "Did what?"

Dr Solomon Prey: "Cured cancer... Among other things."

Princess Shuri: "Are you certain of this?"

Dr Solomon Prey: "Affirmative... Summon him."

Cancer... AIDS... The common cold... For every cause there is an effect so tread carefully when trying to cure something because it could create a whole other problem entirely!

Dr Solomon Prey: "You have the flu let me administer this vaccine my lord."

King T'challa: "Naw, I'm just gonna eat this chicken soup Queen Mother has made for me."

Dr Solomon Prey: "Allow me to just..."

King T'challa: "You better get that needle away from me before I straight M'baku yo @$$... All your patients sprouted extra arms and started eating people doctor GTFOOHWTS!"

The master of modern medicine Mary Poppins hath spoken...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxnr28LDXc
    Get Hectic!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's no big deal if other nations come off as @$$holes. They're run by nameless faceless people no one cares about. Governments in general, especailly in comics, are run by @$$holes.

T'CHalla withholding the cure for cancer from the rest of the world is a tougher pill to swallow. Obviously it was T'Chaka at the time... but T'Challa runs things now and cancer still exists, so he's doing the same thing. Putting a superhero in the position where he's the guy withholding the cure from cancer, a discease which basically EVERYONE on earth at least knows someone who is suffering from, probably isn't the best idea in the world. I don't even care that much if Wakanda and T'Chaka look like @$$holes.. but T'Challa to some degree needs to be shielded from that.
    I dont buy this reasoning at all. T'Chaka's reasons for withholding it is reason enough. Western society is too in love with their own bullcrap to do anything honest and with integrity. If things were different they'd have found the cure. Do you know how profitable the RnD alone for pharmacovigilence, Oncology and preclinical trials are?? It's not going away any time soon. Too much money to be made and too much red tape when it comes to regulatory affairs within the Life Sciences sector. Fact is, human beings are an immature species who are incapable of responsibility when it matters the most. We are governed by the overwhelmingly selfish who'll not only slap a premium on cures but also introduce new ailments and avenues to expedite health decline to try and make money from. Western ways and customs doesnt mean progressive or the right way to go about things. It's that evil arrogance and unjustifiable privilege that's manipulated the rest of the world into thinking the West is the way. Rubbish. There's an iconic line from the great Dr.Ian Malcolm that's worth paraphrasing and applying it to the clowns that chastised T'Chaka over the whole cancer cure business.

AOW #3. Decent plot, some nice feats for the Rumble Boarders, but I'm not all that fond of Zub's "voice" for T'Challa. He's a bit too quippy... close your eyes and some of his dialogue sounds more like Tony Stark.

As an African American man married to a dark skinned South African woman who happens to be a medical professional (occupational therapist) I ask this simple question...

If you were terminally ill would you choose a western hospital or an African hospital?

I'll wait...

Wakanda is a fictional place and even though there are certain corrupt or questionable things about western modern medicine when push comes to shove the leading doctors are generally in the west along with state of the art medical facilities!

Sure you may get charged for things you don't need but with legitimate insurance coverage you will at least get the basic help you need when you need it!

When my mother had an aneurism and was treated at one the best hospitals in the state of California let alone the world the option to ship her to any hospital in the Motherland was not on the table... Besides that the doctor who saved her life reminded me of Reed Richards as he explained to me the procedure they would do to stop the brain swelling while she was in a coma!

As a fitness professional the cure for most ailments is eating right, sleeping right and avoiding the nutritional pitfalls of life thus keeping unnecessary junk out of your system so that you are not spending every other day in a broke down clinic hoping for assistance eventually!

This cure for cancer in Wakanda should be a loud cry for black doctors in real life to be the go to default choice for sick persons around the world but until then western medicine is still the main choice moving forward!

Also... I have trained a lot of doctors over the years and most if not all of them are dead serious about their hippocratic Oath it's just the paperwork and the outside politics that gets in the way from time to time!

Black/African people are a long way from this but with a little effort we can get there eventually...

Get Hectic!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    I dont buy this reasoning at all. T'Chaka's reasons for withholding it is reason enough. Western society is too in love with their own bullcrap to do anything honest and with integrity. If things were different they'd have found the cure. Do you know how profitable the RnD alone for pharmacovigilence, Oncology and preclinical trials are?? It's not going away any time soon. Too much money to be made and too much red tape when it comes to regulatory affairs within the Life Sciences sector. Fact is, human beings are an immature species who are incapable of responsibility when it matters the most. We are governed by the overwhelmingly selfish who'll not only slap a premium on cures but also introduce new ailments and avenues to expedite health decline to try and make money from. Western ways and customs doesnt mean progressive or the right way to go about things. It's that evil arrogance and unjustifiable privilege that's manipulated the rest of the world into thinking the West is the way. Rubbish. There's an iconic line from the great Dr.Ian Malcolm that's worth paraphrasing and applying it to the clowns that chastised T'Chaka over the whole cancer cure business.
    Was it the one where he said, "You were so concerned with whether or not you could, you didn't stop to think about if you should"?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Nice to know a throwaway line in an arc that wasn't even supposed to be canon is so bloody important...

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    AOW #3. Decent plot, some nice feats for the Rumble Boarders, but I'm not all that fond of Zub's "voice" for T'Challa. He's a bit too quippy... close your eyes and some of his dialogue sounds more like Tony Stark.
    There was some quip to him, but honestly I read it as T'Challas deadpan humor. Akin to Hudlin day's with Cage.
    Really the things that stood out was his immediate actions was the big picture move that had been missing from his solo for years

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    The Western world DID find a cure for cancer on their own... and they did absolutely nothing with it. So I'm not sure the concerns over the western world misuing the cure really were justfied, outside of that one attempt to kill Wade.

That's frankly why I think the rationale for withholding the cure at this point really don't hold a ton of water. Not that I don't understand some of the concerns T'Chaka had... but it's moot at this point. I'm curious what T'Challa's rationale for not releasing it at this point would be... not that I think we're ever going to see it, because I think marvel will wisely bury this whole issue never to be seen again.

Mighty Member

Was it the same cure? The process and)or chemicals could be radically different. And it is extremely possible the Wakandan version involved vibranium.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Was it the same cure? The process and)or chemicals could be radically different. And it is extremely possible the Wakandan version involved vibranium.
    Doubtful. Tchaka said most of the stuff Wakanda has, other countries have the capability to make themselves. During his time they mostly used Vb for defensive purposes. Probably shields and ect...

Hit the like and the subscribe button...

Get Hectic!

Yibambe... Yibambe... Yibambe...

Get Hectic!