Page 664 of 744 FirstFirst ... 164564614654660661662663664665666667668674714 ... LastLast
Results 9,946 to 9,960 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Daniel Richtman retweeted it and he hinted at it awhile back. That guy is pretty good as well. Even moreso than Jeremy.

Again DBOI said he was hearing rumors I just posted what was trending about BP that day.
    So another guy retweeted it, apparently more credible then the first guy and hinted at this awhile back... Awhile back... Like when say we heard that Ryan was just starting the draft? Nah I'm sure this other guy is legit. I mean it's coming to the end of 2019 and the movies coming in 2022. I'm SURE these rumours are true.

Get Hectic!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    But it's not an Empire he would want. One built on slavery and concurring is completely against what Wakanda culturally believes. All that can really be said is the even without Tchalla, Wakandans are exceptional because if a handful of them can concur five galaxies, what could a country of them do? My guess is he doesn't find out about all that until later, but he helped fight against the Shi'ar and had his memories for three years. I'd find it hard to believe it take him that long to find out. And he didnt even try to get home even though he was in the present the whole time. And Tchalla being the most revered isnt surprising. He was the last Black Panther the explorers knew before they left. So 2000 years later he'd be like their Jesus. The same way Bashenga is for Earth Wakanda.

A good comparison is without Tchalla a few Wakandans concur five galaxies. Without Tchalla Earth Wakanda enters a new golden age, but now ends with a pending invasion. The message seems to be Tchalla needs to leave Wakanda entirely. Lol. So how can he be the greatest if the big stuff only happens when he is not around. Most you could say is he helped to cause the ball rolling, but what if he was around, would the same things have happened?
    That's what's really confusing me. How do you fight a war for an empire predicated on slavery and not notice the slavery until after the war? Even if he didn't visit the vibranium mining operations himself surely he must've had a conversation with a soldier that revealed how crappy the place was. And I fail to see how this empire is elevation for his character in the first place. It's an empire that's conquered and enslaved 5 galaxies. If anything this is once again is showing how ineffectual he is because you'd think that he'd impart better values on his people and that they wouldn't turn to conquering the second things got tough in outer space.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Makes you wonder why she wasn't.

Maybe Coogler has some sort of story with her invovling the timeskip or whatever and he wanted her off the board.
    Remember that movie was being made at the same time as Black Panther. So this was done before that box office intake.

I don't think that BP's BO success would've changed anything if they somehow knew how huge it was going to be beforehand. Markus and McFreely already said they wouldn't have changed his role even if they knew. They wanted to treat everyone "equal" and that he had a full complete arc in IW.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Thanks DC. That was a funny read there. BTW Who is this kwanzer guy?
    One of the few NON Marvel folks harassed, Doxxed and threatened by a certain group with mainly their black members going HAM on him. One got PERMANENTLY banned off of Twitter for threats.
    Their gripe was if black folks had powers all the way back into the 1700s-how did slavery and oppression of black happened. The book EXPLAINS it.
    Then they found his wife was not black and stated he was not qualified to discuss black issues based on that.

And it's funny he did what so many trolls scream-why don't you make your own stuff? He did and they didn't like it. Oh that's right he did it and was successful.
    He didn't use rape camps, fake woke pandering and black male trashing to do it either.

Dreaming of the day a Black Panther book does that and is NOT from IDW.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    One of the few NON Marvel folks harassed, Doxxed and threatened by a certain group with mainly their black members going HAM on him. One got PERMANENTLY banned off of Twitter for threats.
    Their gripe was if black folks had powers all the way back into the 1700s-how did slavery and oppression of black happened. The book EXPLAINS it.
    Then they found his wife was not black and stated he was not qualified to discuss black issues based on that.

And it's funny he did what so many trolls scream-why don't you make your own stuff? He did and they didn't like it. Oh that's right he did it and was successful.
    He didn't use rape camps, fake woke pandering and black male trashing to do it either.

Dreaming of the day a Black Panther book does that and is NOT from IDW.
    Wow, that sounds incredibly screwed up . . . and unfortunately unsurprising.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Potential sequence for EndGame

Did he just take out a leviathan? So many epic BP moments we were robbed of in IW and EG.

Plus he got to interact with Hulk, what a waste after he barely had interesting interactions in IW and none in EG.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 11-26-2019 at 07:37 PM.

I'm sad now.

T'challa and Hulk matching each others punches like All Might and Nomu, then T'challa destroying the head of a leviathon. Damn that coulda been epic.

Btw does anyone have any recommendations for team books/crossover events which feature T'challa prominently? I've read Ultimates and New Avengers. I'm looking for some older stuff (pre-2010s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    T'challa and Hulk matching each others punches like All Might and Nomu, then T'challa destroying the head of a leviathon. Damn that coulda been epic.

Btw does anyone have any recommendations for team books/crossover events which feature T'challa prominently? I've read Ultimates and New Avengers. I'm looking for some older stuff (pre-2010s)
    Geoff Johns used T'Challa a lot in his Avengers run, as I recall. And, of course, he was in FF during the McDuffie era.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I don't think that BP's BO success would've changed anything if they somehow knew how huge it was going to be beforehand. Markus and McFreely already said they wouldn't have changed his role even if they knew. They wanted to treat everyone "equal" and that he had a full complete arc in IW.
    I don't know if that's true though because they have also said had they known that BP was going to be a cultural event they would of used him more

So what your saying is that, we missed a BP vs BD fight in IW and EG, we missed a BP vs EM in EG, AND we missed BP intersecting with hulk and dropping a Leviathan???

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I don't know if that's true though because they have also said had they known that BP was going to be a cultural event they would of used him more

So what your saying is that, we missed a BP vs BD fight in IW and EG, we missed a BP vs EM in EG, AND we missed BP intersecting with hulk and dropping a Leviathan???

The film makers where on that Hickman "hint but never show T'Challa doing anything impactful" thing that seems to be all the rage nowadays.

That's why I've always said that it's never a good idea to settle for scraps regardless of how tasty they look.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post

Original Sin used T'Challa SOMEWHAT prominently. I wouldn't exactly say he was the star of it or anything, but he got a good amount of love for a company wide cross over.

McDuffies FF probably had the best Black Panther/Storm stuff ever.

The recent Marvel Knights book had a pretty awesome Black Panther in it.