Page 674 of 744 FirstFirst ... 174574624664670671672673674675676677678684724 ... LastLast
Results 10,096 to 10,110 of 11160
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I genuinely wish you'd frequented this thread pre-CBR reboot to have seen how much love Ororo got back in the pre AvX days.
    I'm sure that would have been a sight to be hold.....

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    You would have had a ball in here. We were fighting like crazy to save the marriage. But the Unfans wanted Storm back in the X-verse where she wasn't doing anything.

Eventually we lost and moved on. Some of actually predicted how events would turn out once it was over and it happened just like we said.

The funny thing is that no X-Writer has done much of anything in regards to Storm and T'Challa's relationship. They have no interest in it. They really have no interest in her so why don't they just let here go someplace where she's actually wanted and being used.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Personally, I believe that in the current comics market, and under ordinary circumstances (i.e. no relaunches, Events™, variant cover floods, or other sales gimmicks) every superhero has a natural level of sales. For CM, it's around 28K. For T'challa (looking at MindofShadow's sales charts) it looks to be about 25K. And except for the occasional bump caused by one gimmick or another, Marvel (and DC) simply can't squeeze more sales out of the market.

Unless they expand into OTHER markets. Priest lobbied like HELL to get his books into African-American record stores & barber shops, but Marvel demurred, focusing on the DM instead.
    More recently, they tried to go after the "literary" crowd with BP, by hiring folks like Coates & Okorafor, but their fans (quite numerous, in the case of the latter) simply didn't stick around. Hell, Coates' novel is #232 in ALL BOOKS... but his author bios don't even MENTION Black Panther (or Captain America):

Amazon:

In the book itself:

You could argue that he's huge in the graphic novel market... among teens... who like superheroes... but the numbers just don't hold up.

Teenagers don't WANT to be preached to. And, with the exception of one manga, they don't seem to care much for straight super-heroics either. The books that sell to them most are about teens like themselves, not some amnesiac ex-slave pining over a chick with white hair.

Do you want to grab that market? Lose the slavery metaphors, IMO. Make a book (not a series, a self-contained GN) about a young Dora/War Dog growing up. Or even Young T'Challa, between his father's death & taking the throne. Address the issues and problems of the reader, not what the writer THINKS people should care about.

And a few feats would be nice too.
    Comic Book Trade Paperbacks have a print run just short of forever (A big part of Alan Moore's beef with DC is that they allegedly promised to return to him the rights to Watchmen after it went out of print. It kept selling so DC never let it go out of print, willfully breaking the spirit of the agreement at best).

If Nation Under Our Feet keeps selling Marvel isn't going see any reason NOT to have Coates contine on BP. They have resigned themselves to average sales of 25K- on his main book, so the books current sales aren't a warning bell to them.

...Unless the rumored B.P. relaunch (all this is news to me) that Coates is supposed to be writing tanks below 15K quickly. THey they will hit the reset button with an all new creative team.

Which has a real good chance of happening if past performance is any guide.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It was really something else. Lol!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Comic Book Trade Paperbacks have a print run just short of forever (A big part of Alan Moore's beef with DC is that they allegedly promised to return to him the rights to Watchmen after it went out of print. It kept selling so DC never let it go out of print, willfully breaking the spirit of the agreement at best).

If Nation Under Our Feet keeps selling Marvel isn't going see any reason NOT to have Coates contine on BP. They have resigned themselves to average sales of 25K- on his main book, so the books current sales aren't a warning bell to them.

...Unless the rumored B.P. relaunch (all this is news to me) that Coates is supposed to be writing tanks below 15K quickly. THey they will hit the reset button with an all new creative team.

Which has a real good chance of happening if past performance is any guide.
    I sincerely hope so.

At the very least if Coates is allowed his full 5 years create a second ongoing for redjack to fill and and give us our real BP in a marvel knights version set to current day 616 (since Coates is set pre secret empire,) that pretty much allows Redjack to do his own thing free of Coates continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The difference is that MOST comic book trades sell like crap.

Let's be blunt. OUR NATION… is not being considered the next WATCHMEN, or even INFINITY GAUNTLET. It makes okay numbers, nothing more.

HEll, if we wanted to base it on trade paperback sales, this guy should be writing all the Marvel line:

https://www.amazon.com/5-Minute-Marv...QMWFFTZJQ4FQ7C

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    At the very least if Coates is allowed his full 5 years create a second ongoing for redjack to fill and and give us our real BP in a marvel knights version set to current day 616 (since Coates is set pre secret empire,) that pretty much allows Redjack to do his own thing free of Coates continuity
    No compromise.

Coates needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Tchalla mentions Krakoa this issue, so its somewhere in the present now, but there is still beard and no beard Tchalla running around so it's up in the air.

Ultimate Member

Do you want to grab that market? Lose the slavery metaphors, IMO. Make a book (not a series, a self-contained GN) about a young Dora/War Dog growing up. Or even Young T'Challa, between his father's death & taking the throne. Address the issues and problems of the reader, not what the writer THINKS people should care about.
    I agree.

Let me tell you what a well selling author (who wrote 60+ books, one was a movie and worked 30+ years as a school nurse in my district before her death.) told me. The market for black boys is WIDE open. Anybody who wants it can have it. Right now Miles Morales is slowly winning that. Panther could too if he had the right writer.

Priest lobbied like HELL to get his books into African-American record stores & barber shops, but Marvel demurred, focusing on the DM instead.
    You know what is funny about that-those stores had no issue with stocking those crappy black books that took shots at Milestone. Yet never made it past issue 1. I always wondered why I never saw Image, Marvel & DC books.

More recently, they tried to go after the "literary" crowd with BP, by hiring folks like Coates & Okorafor, but their fans (quite numerous, in the case of the latter) simply didn't stick around. Hell, Coates' novel is #232 in ALL BOOKS... but his author bios don't even MENTION Black Panther (or Captain America):
    Bios are generally not updated when you are dealing with websites that don't bother to do it.
    Now you will see Black Panther mentioned when it's an interview or a press release (at times).

Also with literary folks-those fans are NOT use to Coats doing a book like Panther or Cap America.

Now if we were talking Kami Garcia (DC's Raven), Gene Yang, Jason Reynolds (Miles Morales novel), Noelle Stevenson (lumberjanes), Tamaki, Hope Larson and Nic Stone (upcoming Shuri in 2020). Those numbers would be higher at least trade wise. Because students, teachers and parents know who they are.

I think Marvel goes after them more because they get coverage is places where comics are ignored. In others words free press for less work.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The difference is that MOST comic book trades sell like crap.

Let's be blunt. OUR NATION… is not being considered the next WATCHMEN, or even INFINITY GAUNTLET. It makes okay numbers, nothing more.

HEll, if we wanted to base it on trade paperback sales, this guy should be writing all the Marvel line:
    Access to them is NOT crap.

Once upon a time a trade with a POC would NOT be on the shelves at places like Barnes & Nobles.
    Once upon a time a trade with a POC could NOT be ordered by a school. Something I saw first hand back in 2003.
    Priest could not get his stuff in stores. Hudlin got them there and sadly Coates has them moving off the shelves. The movie helped all of them including the bad ones.

Coates had his shot. It sold at times but now someone else has to come in. Selling black misery and emasculating a black lead male to pander to certain FACTIONS-needs to stop.

This is not Storm's book. It is Black Panther's. That 1.3 billion movie and 3 Oscars are HIS. No one else.

Ultimate Member

https://www.amazon.com/Shuri-Black-P...VDY6SGZGWPC2K5

Shuri's book by Nic Stone is listed.

#226 in Teen & Young Adult Superhero Fiction
    #422 in Teen & Young Adult TV, Movie, Video Game Adaptations
    #3375 in Teen & Young Adult Comics & Graphic Novels (Books)

Kindle
    #39 in Children's Explore Africa Fiction
    #14 in Teen & Young Adult African Geography & Cultures Fiction eBooks
    #119 in Children’s Fantasy Comics & Graphic Novels

Book won't be out till May and already it has rankings.
    Odd that is has Kindle numbers when Black Panther's upcoming trade does not.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Shuri-Black-P...VDY6SGZGWPC2K5

Shuri's book by Nic Stone is listed.

#226 in Teen & Young Adult Superhero Fiction
    #422 in Teen & Young Adult TV, Movie, Video Game Adaptations
    #3375 in Teen & Young Adult Comics & Graphic Novels (Books)

Kindle
    #39 in Children's Explore Africa Fiction
    #14 in Teen & Young Adult African Geography & Cultures Fiction eBooks
    #119 in Children’s Fantasy Comics & Graphic Novels

Book won't be out till May and already it has rankings.
    Odd that is has Kindle numbers when Black Panther's upcoming trade does not.
    This is what I was talking about as far as what Shuri needs to break out. If its good, get it on school reading list and libraries. Get if front shelf in grocery stores in the book area.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I agree.

Let me tell you what a well selling author (who wrote 60+ books, one was a movie and worked 30+ years as a school nurse in my district before her death.) told me. The market for black boys is WIDE open. Anybody who wants it can have it. Right now Miles Morales is slowly winning that. Panther could too if he had the right writer.

You know what is funny about that-those stores had no issue with stocking those crappy black books that took shots at Milestone. Yet never made it past issue 1. I always wondered why I never saw Image, Marvel & DC books.

Bios are generally not updated when you are dealing with websites that don't bother to do it.
    Now you will see Black Panther mentioned when it's an interview or a press release (at times).

Also with literary folks-those fans are NOT use to Coats doing a book like Panther or Cap America.

Now if we were talking Kami Garcia (DC's Raven), Gene Yang, Jason Reynolds (Miles Morales novel), Noelle Stevenson (lumberjanes), Tamaki, Hope Larson and Nic Stone (upcoming Shuri in 2020). Those numbers would be higher at least trade wise. Because students, teachers and parents know who they are.

I think Marvel goes after them more because they get coverage is places where comics are ignored. In others words free press for less work.
    coverage to the literary crowd doesn't mean isht if they don't stick around. Better to stick to crowds like comic fans and teens who will actually support and maintain the numbers then a finicky group who don't actually care about the character abd knly care about the agenda.

Wakanda.

Black Friday.

The market district.

King T'challa strolled casually eyeing the various sales featured at the vibranium swap meet followed closely by a small team of Doras.

T'challa: "See anything you like... There is a plethora of fine merchandise here in Wakanda cousin."

Killmonger: "Personally I think you are stalling COUSIN."

T'challa: "Oh that... Clearly the elders will need 'WEEKS' to prepare for the challenge so why not enjoy Wakanda and all it has to offer son of N'jobobobobobo."

Killmonger: "You mispronounce my daddy's name one more time..."

T'challa: "No fighting before the official challenge... Oh look over there excellent apparel to replace this Vegeta look don't you think."

Killmonger: "I don't care about no shopping I found panther claws in my daddy's chest!"

T'challa: "This is authentic Bashenga leather and it's on sale too."

Killmonger: "If you are the king why are you paying for stuff."

T'challa: "Could you pack this and have it sent to the royal palace thanks."

Store clerk folds up sweater when...

Killmonger: "Wait let me try it on at least."

T'challa: "Dressing rooms are right over there take your time."

As Killmonger leaves to sample the new apparel T'challa tweaks a Kimoyo bead.

T'challa: "Shuri what do you have for me?"

Shuri: "Our Wardog connects link Killmonger to various shady organizations."

T'challa: "Anything I can use to show the elders?"

Shuri: "Let's see... Oakland... Too Short... MC Hammer... He's a Raiders fan although he does have ties to Kaepernick."

T'challa: "I'm not worried about him kneeling for the Wakandan flag... Anything juicy?"

Shuri: "Strip clubs... A couple of baby mama dramas... Oh interesting..."

T'challa: "What?"

Shuri: "He has a thing for cute collectables I'm sending the specs over to you right now."

T'challa: "NO WAY!"

Shuri: "Run with it and see what happens... I'll send you more as I learn."

T'challa: "Thanks Shuri."

Shuri: "To be honest though... I was hoping that you would just kick his @$$ and get it over with."

As Shuri fades from the Kimoyo digital display Killmonger returns...

Killmonger: "It fits like a glove... Can I get a couple more in different colors?"

T'challa: "Sure... Let's also check out another store that just opened up in Wakanda."

The Disney Store.

Killmonger is overcome with emotion as he beholds an unbelievable sight.

Tears form in his eyes as he reaches towards the stacked shelf and grabs a...

Killmonger: "Baby Yoda!!!"

T'challa: "Who would have thought..."

Killmonger: "After my daddy died the orphanage took us on a field trip to Skywalker Ranch... Master Yoda was there for me when I needed him most."

T'challa: "Go figure... So what would a Jedi do in this circumstance?"

Killmonger swallows and in his best Frank Oz voice says...

Killmonger: "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

Just then Killmonger reverts back to his childhood and falls to the ground curled up in the fetal position and begins to weep incessantly.

T'challa: "Do you yield then?"

Killmonger: "YES, I YIELD... I want my daddy!!!"

The kimoyo bead ignites again...

Shuri: "Who is currently writing you right at this moment because I miss that old two steps ahead/three steps ahead vibe you had way back when. Genius."

T'challa: "Black Friday... Baby Yoda!"

Shuri: "Still should have kicked his @$$ properly but whatever."

T'challa: "You mean Wakanda Forever!"

Baby Yoda: "May the force be with Wakanda."

Shuri: "AWWWW he's so cuuuuuute... I want one!"

T'challa: "Please send a couple of these to the royal palace."

The store clerk begins to pull more Baby Yoda's off the shelf.

Shuri: "Don't forget Queen Mother, Nakia, Okoye and Everett Ross is still locked in the office he might want one... Oh and Bucky too!"

Get Hectic!