Page 675 of 744 FirstFirst ... 175575625665671672673674675676677678679685725 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,125 of 11160
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Wakanda.

Black Friday.

The market district.

King T'challa strolled casually eyeing the various sales featured at the vibranium swap meet followed closely by a small team of Doras.

T'challa: "See anything you like... There is a plethora of fine merchandise here in Wakanda cousin."

Killmonger: "Personally I think you are stalling COUSIN."

T'challa: "Oh that... Clearly the elders will need 'WEEKS' to prepare for the challenge so why not enjoy Wakanda and all it has to offer son of N'jobobobobobo."

Killmonger: "You mispronounce my daddy's name one more time..."

T'challa: "No fighting before the official challenge... Oh look over there excellent apparel to replace this Vegeta look don't you think."

Killmonger: "I don't care about no shopping I found panther claws in my daddy's chest!"

T'challa: "This is authentic Bashenga leather and it's on sale too."

Killmonger: "If you are the king why are you paying for stuff."

T'challa: "Could you pack this and have it sent to the royal palace thanks."

Store clerk folds up sweater when...

Killmonger: "Wait let me try it on at least."

T'challa: "Dressing rooms are right over there take your time."

As Killmonger leaves to sample the new apparel T'challa tweaks a Kimoyo bead.

T'challa: "Shuri what do you have for me?"

Shuri: "Our Wardog connects link Killmonger to various shady organizations."

T'challa: "Anything I can use to show the elders?"

Shuri: "Let's see... Oakland... Too Short... MC Hammer... He's a Raiders fan although he does have ties to Kaepernick."

T'challa: "I'm not worried about him kneeling for the Wakandan flag... Anything juicy?"

Shuri: "Strip clubs... A couple of baby mama dramas... Oh interesting..."

T'challa: "What?"

Shuri: "He has a thing for cute collectables I'm sending the specs over to you right now."

T'challa: "NO WAY!"

Shuri: "Run with it and see what happens... I'll send you more as I learn."

T'challa: "Thanks Shuri."

Shuri: "To be honest though... I was hoping that you would just kick his @$$ and get it over with."

As Shuri fades from the Kimoyo digital display Killmonger returns...

Killmonger: "It fits like a glove... Can I get a couple more in different colors?"

T'challa: "Sure... Let's also check out another store that just opened up in Wakanda."

The Disney Store.

Killmonger is overcome with emotion as he beholds an unbelievable sight.

Tears form in his eyes as he reaches towards the stacked shelf and grabs a...

Killmonger: "Baby Yoda!!!"

T'challa: "Who would have thought..."

Killmonger: "After my daddy died the orphanage took us on a field trip to Skywalker Ranch... Master Yoda was there for me when I needed him most."

T'challa: "Go figure... So what would a Jedi do in this circumstance?"

Killmonger swallows and in his best Frank Oz voice says...

Killmonger: "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

Just then Killmonger reverts back to his childhood and falls to the ground curled up in the fetal position and begins to weep incessantly.

T'challa: "Do you yield then?"

Killmonger: "YES, I YIELD... I want my daddy!!!"

The kimoyo bead ignites again...

Shuri: "Who is currently writing you right at this moment because I miss that old two steps ahead/three steps ahead vibe you had way back when. Genius."

T'challa: "Black Friday... Baby Yoda!"

Shuri: "Still should have kicked his @$$ properly but whatever."

T'challa: "You mean Wakanda Forever!"

Baby Yoda: "May the force be with Wakanda."

Shuri: "AWWWW he's so cuuuuuute... I want one!"

T'challa: "Please send a couple of these to the royal palace."

The store clerk begins to pull more Baby Yoda's off the shelf.

Shuri: "Don't forget Queen Mother, Nakia, Okoye and Everett Ross is still locked in the office he might want one... Oh and Bucky too!"

What would we do without these delightfully biting comedic posts you drop Sir Flex Hectic?

Why the hell is Thunderball in that last splash page anyway lol

But not Eden lol

Or hell, the crew?

Or hell, where is nuNakia? Spy alert?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

But not Eden lol

Or hell, the crew?

Because all he has available are 3 Dora (2 he may not be able to trust), one HZ, one HZ-equivalent (Hi Kasper!), one Deus-ex-soror, an old sorcerer who keeps getting his ass beat, an obscure FF supporting character, some woman I don't even recognize (QDJ?), a beefy old guy, and his very own supervillain slave (who is running around with the Crew in Contagion, BTW)

It's not like he has an army or anything like that...

Frankly, I'm more concerned with the whole "I can no longer be what I once was" BS. Especially given how the issue pounds on the whole "you didn't see the slavery going on because of your privilege" line Storm spouts.
    Last edited by DigiCom; 11-30-2019 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Because all he has available are 3 Dora (2 he may not be able to trust), one HZ, one HZ-equivalent (Hi Kasper!), one Deus-ex-soror, an old sorcerer who keeps getting his ass beat, an obscure FF supporting character, some woman I don't even recognize (QDJ?), a beefy old guy, and his very own supervillain slave (who is running around with the Crew in Contagion, BTW)

Frankly, I'm more concerned with the whole "I can no longer be what I once was" BS. Especially given how the issue pounds on the whole "you didn't see the slavery going on because of your privilege" line Storm spouts.
    defeating a whole empire should be a huge feat

its gonna be like 2 spaceships instead lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

defeating a whole empire should be a huge feat

its gonna be like 2 spaceships instead lol
    Nah... remember the upcoming solicits? T'Challa is going to try to destroy the Djalia while everyone else gets feats. Which, given that only one of those folks have anything resembling a ranged attack (two if Kasper has a gun in all that... fix the bloody knife already!), probably means a lot of mook punching.

(but not goon slamming. Gary would be too much for them. )

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

But not Eden lol

Or hell, the crew?

Nah... remember the upcoming solicits? T'Challa is going to try to destroy the Djalia while everyone else gets feats. Which, given that only one of those folks have anything resembling a ranged attack (two if Kasper has a gun in all that... fix the bloody knife already!), probably means a lot of mook punching.

(but not goon slamming. Gary would be too much for them. )
    Just finished reading the issue 18 and I'm just tired of the "Wakanda is oppressive like everywhere else" and " T'Challa is as clueless as can be and a corrupt king like any other ruler".

Why would one write Black Panther this way, hoping that he'll be someone's Spider-man? How is this entertaining? How is it inspiring?

This is an elseworld story. As weak as Coates has written wakanda, how could his wakanda conquer anything, let alone several galaxies. Also, how would the shi'ar, skrulls, fantastic four, or anyone else not notice.

It's as if Coates didn't see the excitement black people had about Wakanda after watching Black Panther. I literally went to a Wakanda themed party thrown by people who didn't read comics.

Uhh, why Coates, why?!?!?

As a black male, this narrative doesn't connect with me. I guess because the comic goes against every reason of why I have become interested in Black Panther, instead of just reading a regular white hero like Tony Stark, Matt Murdock, or Peter Parker.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Just finished reading the issue 18 and I'm just tired of the "Wakanda is oppressive like everywhere else" and " T'Challa is as clueless as can be and a corrupt king like any other ruler".

Why would one write Black Panther this way, hoping that he'll be someone's Spider-man? How is this entertaining? How is it inspiring?

This is an elseworld story. As weak as Coates has written wakanda, how could his wakanda conquer anything, let alone several galaxies. Also, how would the shi'ar, skrulls, fantastic four, or anyone else not notice.

It's as if Coates didn't see the excitement black people had about Wakanda after watching Black Panther. I literally went to a Wakanda themed party thrown by people who didn't read comics.

Uhh, why Coates, why?!?!?

As a black male, this narrative doesn't connect with me. I guess because the comic goes against every reason of why I have become interested in Black Panther, instead of just reading a regular white hero like Tony Stark, Matt Murdock, or Peter Parker.
    But according to some, Coates is that dude because he writes a bad ass Storm.

People need to come to terms with the fact that Ta Nehisi Coates poses an ongoing and sustained existential threat to the BP mythos that will eventually stretch well beyond the confines of the MU, to take root in the MCU.

Three years ago, I was doubted when I stated with full confidence, that Coates was wholly unsuitable to be the new writer for a BP solo book.

Unfortunately, my argument was proven to have variable weight in the long run.

With the massive gap in time before we get to see the BP sequel coupled with recent revelations as to how much of T'Challa's action sequences got cut from Avengers:Infinity War, how many of you want to risk getting against me being wrong as to how much of Coates neutered T'Challa will make it into BP2?

Boycott now or cry later.

The choice is yours.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 11-30-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Near as I can tell, Coates has some SERIOUS issues regarding slavery. I mean, it's almost pathological at this point.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

People need to come to terms with the fact that Ta Nehisi Coates poses an ongoing and sustained existential threat to the BP mythos that will eventually stretch well beyond the confines of the MU, to take root in the MCU.

Three years ago, I was doubted when I stated with full confidence, that Coates was wholly unsuitable to be the new writer for a BP solo book.

With the massive gap in time before we get to see the BP sequel coupled with recent revelations as to how much of T'Challa's action sequences got cut from Avengers:Infinity War, how many of you want to risk getting against me being wrong as to how much of Coates neutered T'Challa will make it into BP2?

The choice is yours.
    I agree that this nonsense could make it to the MCU. I mean Coates has the backing of Oprah, Coogler, and others. All they will hear is Coates wrote some BP so it has to be good, with really reading his comics.

The next BP movie could he called, Black Panther: Avengers of the New World

BANNED

Near as I can tell, Coates has some SERIOUS issues regarding slavery. I mean, it's almost pathological at this point.
    It's beyond pathological at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I agree that this nonsense could make it to the MCU. I mean Coates has the backing of Oprah, Coogler, and others. All they will hear is Coates wrote some BP so it has to be good, with really reading his comics.

The next BP movie could he called, Black Panther: Avengers of the New World
    People need to start campaigning now before Wakanda Forever becomes Rape camps Forever on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

The choice is yours.

Yep.

"artistic" people starting hanging around others, trying to out woke people, and you end up with garbage like this.

Which is one reason i hope Coogler doesn't have too much freedom and the MCU machine is still in place. Too much freedom = overthinking = garbage like this Coates era. You start putting too much real life **** instead of focusing on the fantasy comic book aspect of it.

He has a serious issue being a black male.

Holy isht that was by far, the worst issue to date. Straight up the worst issue Coates has ever penned. Worse then the rape camps misogynistic crap, the whole Wakanda is a Columbus analogue. This is the worst one.

T'Challa, super genius, two steps ahead, shrewdest man alive, did not see the isht that was obvious in his face because....? Coates doesn't even know so he used pis because there is no logical reason "I didn't want to see it" bullisht. T'Challa is different then previous BPs, he would easily see the cracks. Like who TF is this guy,? This ain't T'Challa at all. People are sayings/ this issue is good? Sweet baby bast. T'Challa isn't some closed off idiot. " In my mad search for vibranium" my mother's Shadow? What is he even talking about?

Trash trash issue. I didn't think he could get worse then "distracted" T'Challa letting Boko Haram into Wakanda.. he did it.. cotdamn..

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    In my mad search for vibranium" my mother's Shadow? What is he even talking about?.
    I believe he's referring to N'yami's storyline in Rise. Because she was the primary reason for Wakandan scientific research or some isht.