Page 69 of 744 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169569 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    this show keeps topping itself and it looks like its just getting better. So excited for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Shuri.. hmm. I dunno Nnedi basically deaged her to around 16-18 given her attitude now. She could maybe show up in Agents of Wakanda. Or she could form her own team, grab Kasper, nunakia, Qdj and some other people (maybe Akili the HZ and MVP of S1 of BP) and have some sort of task force.. but her being the tech support or the Q for MU Tchalla doesn't make much sense because he has been established as more then capable of doing it in his free time, MCU Tchalla doesn't have the time to do it so seeing him as a genius in his own right but let's Shuri handle that works.

As for? Yeah take the gorilla suit away. Way outdated and offensive, give him the MCU make over.

Yeah MA go bye bye, give them the M'Baku treatment when morlun tore through Wakanda, (Okoye goes "it's time to reunite the order, we are the king's guards and the fangs of Wakanda" or some isht) at this point Qdj isn't really even there so let her ride with Shuri as they can play off each other. M'Baku and Tchalla homies again, taku comes out of the techno jungle to say hey (so Tchalla has some of his boys back) and nunakia joins the Dam as well on some MCU Nakia status

Edit: Actually for Shuri, since in Hickmans run she reintroduced the HZ, let her lead them as the new White wolf, let her carry on missiond that require an elite task force, let's her have a place to go and use her tech genius to aid her team, and gets her out into the world to protect Wakandan interests especially since the world is clear clenching their butts bow that T'Challa is leader of the Avengers. Her team may also team up with agents of Wakanda from time to time
    lil sis, BP and queen, griot, tech master, white wolf

I mean, is it really even worth all that effort.... just being honest lol. No offense Shuri fans!

The return of Okoye has filled my "main side kick" slot just nicely lol.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 01-24-2019 at 03:15 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I mean, is it really even worth all that effort.... just being honest lol. No offense Shuri fans!

That's the elephant in the room, lowkey

Danai Guerra fills the void as the powerful elegant empowered black woman in perfect harmony with the black male protagonist.

Which isn't to say there can only be one, but at this point "T'Challa and Okoye" are becoming more and more "Jordan and Pippen" with every appearance. And if nuNakia comes in, then you're throwing another chick that also fills that same void while also serving as the love interest.

So then you start seeing why Coogler gave MCU Shuri the role that he gave her...
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

She made more sense when Okoye disappeared after Priest run, and when Tchalla when to be a superhero. But honestly? Yeah I would put her in charge of protecting Wakandan interests both foreign and domestic, with a task force. Think of it this way, T'Challa leading the Avengers, running Wakanda, created and funding the AoW, Okoye is director of AoW... You gonna need someone to hold down Wakanda and make sure fools don't try to step up when Tchalla is "distracted"™ so she fills the void with the HZ and she gets to get out and do some cool isht.. ESPECIALLY with Nnedi making her a teen basically, let her explore some

I like where Shuri is currently. The way it is executed is another matter. But if they spin this Pan-African council into a response team that Shuri recruits members for, I think it'd last for at least 12 issues.

For M'baku, I'd let Hill do mini of him coming back and kicking the MA of his land and transition him to MCU M'baku.

BANNED

Good thing you have no power. We would have a trash Wakanda with zero world building.

This is, Shuri potentially isn't just a side kick like Okoye is. Shuri potentially is a viable character on her own. Potentially.

She's the equivalent of say War Machine or Falcon. Yes, they are in another character shadow... but with the right push they can be more. She wasn't designed to be Robin... she was designed to be Batman. For awhle at least.

Also, Shuri caters to a younger female demongraphic in a particular way. That potentially gives her a lot of additional value too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    That's the elephant in the room, lowkey

Danai Guerra fills the void as the powerful elegant empowered black woman in perfect harmony with the black male protagonist.

Which isn't to say there can only be one, but at this point "T'Challa and Okoye" are becoming more and more "Jordan and Pippen" with every appearance. And if nuNakia comes in, then you're throwing another chick that also fills that same void while also serving as the love interest.

So then you start seeing why Coogler gave MCU Shuri the role that he gave her...
    I mean, I have no problem with her existing

If she gonna be a Q/Taku with a little more sass, then that is fine. Worked for the movie just fine

But going through all this effort to make her a Robin-esque sidekick/supporting character seems like a waste because Okoye fills that role more naturally without coming up with crazy theories and roles.

They may have had a shot making Shuri more, but after inexplicately killing her off panel for no reason + giving her new powers/costume and "maturing" her + turning around and throwing all that out to de-age her and give her characteristics she never had because of a movie... it is a bumbled jumbled mess.

She's Lucius Fox at this point, not Robin. Which is fine. But you don't give spin offs and special titles to Lucius lol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 01-24-2019 at 06:19 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I like where Shuri is currently. The way it is executed is another matter. But if they spin this Pan-African council into a response team that Shuri recruits members for, I think it'd last for at least 12 issues.

For M'baku, I'd let Hill do mini of him coming back and kicking the MA of his land and transition him to MCU M'baku.
    Where is Shuri currently at?

BP = King of Wakanda, Leader of Avengers

Okoye = General of Dora Milaje, Director of Agents of Wakanda

Shuri = ?? Stay at home princess? Eden's chance at sustained relevance??

I dont read the solo, so I'm genuinely curious.

What is she projected as in the presence of T'Challa and Okoye in 2019? We know what she is in the absence of T'Challa, or what they've attempted to make her in the past, with mixed to meh results
    Black Panther vs Thor

BANNED

Screw him! Lol

Give us your take on Shuri tho.

Where she currently is and where in your opinion she needs to go?
    My thoughts on Shuri currently?

Shuri's trajectory as a character began to take a nosedive towards the close of Jonathan Hickman's New Avengers run.

Under Ta Nehisi Coates and Nnedi's respective pens, Shuri's character has been warped completely away from the template laid by Reginald Hudlin.

She's now unrecognizable for all intents and purposes.

As far as I'm concerned, there's no reason why she should should have been removed as Queen of Wakanda.

Her character should be left alone until such a time as a writer genuinely interested in writing her with the same conviction as Hudlin and Liss did whilst writing her brother with his trademark style and intellectual swagger.

I mean, I have no problem with her existing

If she gonna be a Q/Taku with a little more sass, then that is fine. Worked for the movie just fine

But going through all this effort to make her a Robin-esque sidekick/supporting character seems like a waste because Okoye fills that role more naturally without coming up with crazy theories and roles.

They may have had a shot making Shuri more, but after inexplicately killing her off panel for no reason + giving her new powers/costume and "maturing" her + turning around and throwing all that out to de-age her and give her characteristics she never had because of a movie... it is a bumbled jumbled mess.

She's Lucius Fox at this point, not Robin. Which is fine. But you don't give spin offs and special titles to Lucius lol
    I agree with you lol. I think MCU Shuri is perfect. Her, Okoye, and Nakia exist in perfect harmony with each other and T'Challa. You pair the 4 any which way and you're good.

I think with comic Shuri, they don't know what they want. In part because Coates was just using her as a tool to **** on T'Challa and Wakandan males, without having any real interest in her full development (tried to warn the Shuri fans not to fall for it...). Season 1 seemed to be heading toward Shuri reclaiming the thrown and fixing everything BP and the dumb males messed up.. except Coates had an epiphany (or stern reminder) whose book this was.

So Shuri's development since then became ****, halted and back seat in season 2 and again in season 3, compounded with the movie influencing Coates to not only undo everything with the Dora rebellion and BP's incompetence, but also shift Shuri to her mcu counterpart when he hadn't even ironed out her place as "griot". So he threw that **** to nnedi to clean up. Just like they threw the nakia **** to her (or whoever that writer was)
    Black Panther vs Thor

BANNED

Shuri is no ones sidekick.

Where is Shuri currently at?

BP = King of Wakanda, Leader of Avengers

Okoye = General of Dora Milaje, Director of Agents of Wakanda

Shuri = ?? Stay at home princess? Eden's chance at sustained relevance??

I dont read the solo, so I'm genuinely curious.

What is she projected as in the presence of T'Challa and Okoye in 2019? We know what she is in the absence of T'Challa, or what they've attempted to make her in the past, with mixed to meh results
    Okoye is the only DM. Cant have the title if they're not loyal to the throne.

The Shuri assessment is accurate + tech stuff. But there is room for growth.