Page 695 of 744 FirstFirst ... 195595645685691692693694695696697698699705 ... LastLast
Results 10,411 to 10,425 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I feel like that they're not even trying with the rumors anymore. WGTC are now claiming Rhianna is being eyed for Princess Zanda.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ack-panther-2/

I give it a few days before the same Twitter accounts and YouTube channels repeat the same thing.

I mean, really dceu seems more her speed. Rihanna is a great singer, but I don't think she would have what it takes to match up with the A list fire that is the BP cast.

But this is wgtc and therefore I know this is a loaf of bs sonit doesn't even matter.

Lol at the article trying to back up whu we should believe them though

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    it's basically the only thing from Reggie's run that I didn't like. I've never liked it. Africa is insanely huge. The odds of these two people crossing paths as teenagers? Well, that's a hard pass for me. They've got pretty much nothing in common beyond being Marvel's most prominent black heroes.

Also, it diminished both of them for the reasons i said. It's like pairing up batman with wonder woman. it worked in the JLU cartoon because, in that universe, there was no solo adventure series for either of them. But Diana needs her own everything, as does Bruce as does T'Challa as does Ororo.

Folding them together that way doesn't enhance anything. It cuts them both in half, story-wise. Now that it's canon, I'll buy her as an ex, but that's the end of it. Old friends who tried it on and failed. She's got some deeper insight into him than most (and he does her as well) but, romance?

nope. hard pass.

give both of them their own paramours from their own stories.

IMO
    X-World would have to give up Storm for good to make the relationship work. They don't acknowledge it and they're always ready to pair Storm with the first alien warlord the X-Men encounter.

I'm always voting for Queen Zanda to be the new love interest. Both rule their own country, the history is there and if they want, they can make her a NuHuman.

it's basically the only thing from Reggie's run that I didn't like. I've never liked it. Africa is insanely huge. The odds of these two people crossing paths as teenagers? Well, that's a hard pass for me. They've got pretty much nothing in common beyond being Marvel's most prominent black heroes.

Also, it diminished both of them for the reasons i said. It's like pairing up batman with wonder woman. it worked in the JLU cartoon because, in that universe, there was no solo adventure series for either of them. But Diana needs her own everything, as does Bruce as does T'Challa as does Ororo.

Folding them together that way doesn't enhance anything. It cuts them both in half, story-wise. Now that it's canon, I'll buy her as an ex, but that's the end of it. Old friends who tried it on and failed. She's got some deeper insight into him than most (and he does her as well) but, romance?

nope. hard pass.

give both of them their own paramours from their own stories.

IMO
    I would accept this, honestly. The only way they can work would be for Storm to be adopted into the BP mythos and I don't see that ever happening. I disagree that was bad of Hudlin tonpair them up and i personally think that fine to say they ran into each other as teens and after the marriage still have a sexual tension, I tok would leave it at that. They hold a special place in each other's hearts but theybare both apart of two different worlds and neither are able to leave their worlds and be together but after thst let then part ways

Actually, that idea came from Claremont first, in Marvel Team-Up #100 from 1980. But over time, it went from being "two ships passing in the night" to "the one that got away"

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Actually, that idea came from Claremont first, in Marvel Team-Up #100 from 1980. But over time, it went from being "two ships passing in the night" to "the one that got away"
    yeah. i know. Claremont has a lot of things to answer for.

but marrying them wasn't Claremont.

yeah. i know. Claremont has a lot of things to answer for.

but marrying them wasn't Claremont.
    True, I was referring to the whole "two people crossing paths as teenagers" bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Faux diversity reigns over there so I'm not suprised.

The one good thing that's come out of Coates messing up the Black Panther solo, ie the fact that I'm now catching up with other books such as Miles Morales:Spiderman, MoonGirl & Devil Dinosaur and the recently concluded Iron Heart solo.

I also decided to give the Nnedi Okorafor Shuri solo a read and found it enjoyable.

So yeah, as long as there're other books to check out, it's not too bad.
    I swear that I remember hearing about him getting a Storm solo which seems way up his alley, but that probably got derailed when Hickman came back and they don't want him running off again.

because there are huge chunks of her backstory that i hate and would do my best to erase.
    because her being with T'Challa is something i've never liked and i'd put a stake through its heart.
    because she's never been truly defined as anything but noble, powerful and regal and therefore her fans have injected their own definitions of what she is and should be and would hate anyone who didn't bring them that. which i would not.

it would be a kick-ass book but i'd strip all the mystical crap off and make her "just" a mutant.

an Omega level, for sure, but no more than that. (and that is PLENTY by the way)

i'd give her a cast of characters no one's ever met, including love interests that weren't anywhere near her mutant life or from Asgard or whatever.

heroes need to be unique, stand on their own and have their own, SPECIFIC, enemies and journeys.

storm's still basically a token. i'd make her a person which means a LOT of folks would be pissed at me.
    So kind of a deconstruction, make Storm seem great without any of the mystical stuff, goddess stuff, or the "She's a member of all races," stuff that's contrived even by comic book standards? I'd read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I swear that I remember hearing about him getting a Storm solo which seems way up his alley, but that probably got derailed when Hickman came back and they don't want him running off again.

So kind of a deconstruction, make Storm seem great without any of the mystical stuff, goddess stuff, or the "She's a member of all races," stuff that's contrived even by comic book standards? I'd read it.
    She's a Kenyan/African American.

If by "all races" people mean to delve into the history of rape by slaveholders of black women they held in bondage over the centuries, sure, let's dig into that.

probably simpler to say her mom's Kenyan and her dad's from NYC.

IMO

I think the "all races' bit is why she has white hair, blue eyes, and (at least early on) vaguely Asian features.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I feel like that they're not even trying with the rumors anymore. WGTC are now claiming Rhianna is being eyed for Princess Zanda.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ack-panther-2/

I give it a few days before the same Twitter accounts and YouTube channels repeat the same thing.
    Lol the things people come up with. I would like to see Zanda as a villain/antagonist, but I don't want Rihanna to portray her.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I think the "all races' bit is why she has white hair, blue eyes, and (at least early on) vaguely Asian features.
    nope. it's some white folks trying to distance her from her african-ness and blackness.

white hair and blue eyes is a design thing, part of her mutation, like nightcrawler's looks or caliban's.

the "vaguely asian features" is just how some artists draw her. she's black.

nope. it's some white folks trying to distance her from her african-ness and blackness.

white hair and blue eyes is a design thing, part of her mutation, like nightcrawler's looks or caliban's.

the "vaguely asian features" is just how some artists draw her. she's black.
    Again, blame Claremont (from Uncanny #253):

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...5516-46937.jpg

Who said Rihanna...

King T'challa might be getting scammed out of his kingdom by Zanda and Nakia!

Get Hectic!

Again, blame Claremont (from Uncanny #253):

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...5516-46937.jpg
    yes. i know.

it was BS then and it's BS now.

which is why i can't write the book. I'd burn all that down.

which is why i can't write the book. I'd burn all that down.
    "…give me fire."