Page 70 of 744 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170570 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

Okoye is the only DM. Cant have the title if they're not loyal to the throne.

The Shuri assessment is accurate + tech stuff. But there is room for growth.
    Didnt they Wakanda Forever at the end of season 2?
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Didnt they Wakanda Forever at the end of season 2?
    Issue 1 or 2 of Shuri has dialogue that said Okoyoe is the only one still loyal to the throne. The others just aren't in open rebellion. lol

Ultimate Member

I agree with you lol. I think MCU Shuri is perfect. Her, Okoye, and Nakia exist in perfect harmony with each other and T'Challa. You pair the 4 any which way and you're good.

I think with comic Shuri, they don't know what they want. In part because Coates was just using her as a tool to shit on T'Challa and Wakandan males, without having any real interest in her full development (tried to warn the Shuri fans not to fall for it...). Season 1 seemed to be heading toward Shuri reclaiming the thrown and fixing everything BP and the dumb males messed up.. except Coates had an epiphany (or stern reminder) whose book this was.

So Shuri's development since then became shit, halted and back seat in season 2 and again in season 3, compounded with the movie influencing Coates to not only undo everything with the Dora rebellion and BP's incompetence, but also shift Shuri to her mcu counterpart when he hadn't even ironed out her place as "griot". So he threw that shit to nnedi to clean up. Just like they threw the nakia shit to her (or whoever that writer was)
    They are trying to lump her in the same group with Moon Girl, Wasp & Riri. Because everyone fell in love with the movie version.

I do find it interesting that she's left out of all the Black Panther new toys in fact you don't see much of her outside of her book. Interesting they don't have a Marvel Legends figure of her (along with Daniel G) as they are the only major names left out of that line to get figures.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    They are trying to lump her in the same group with Moon Girl, Wasp & Riri. Because everyone fell in love with the movie version.

I do find it interesting that she's left out of all the Black Panther new toys in fact you don't see much of her outside of her book. Interesting they don't have a Marvel Legends figure of her (along with Daniel G) as they are the only major names left out of that line to get figures.
    Shuri comes in a two pack with Klaw. She is wearing the panther habit. Okoye is one of the build characters that you get when you buy 4 or 5 of the others.

Issue 1 or 2 of Shuri has dialogue that said Okoyoe is the only one still loyal to the throne. The others just aren't in open rebellion. lol
    I think the other DM's are still loyal to the throne. They just don't serve the Royal family. Okoye continues to take care of the Royal family, while the other DM have their own village to run. They showed in the main book they'll still help out if T'Challa needs a favor, and vice versa. So they're allies, just not employees.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the other DM's are still loyal to the throne. They just don't serve the Royal family. Okoye continues to take care of the Royal family, while the other DM have their own village to run. They showed in the main book they'll still help out if T'Challa needs a favor, and vice versa. So they're allies, just not employees.
    I think their more loyal to Wakanda than the throne. Either way calling they shouldn't be calling themselves DM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    My thoughts on Shuri currently?

Shuri's trajectory as a character began to take a nosedive towards the close of Jonathan Hickman's New Avengers run.

Under Ta Nehisi Coates and Nnedi's respective pens, Shuri's character has been warped completely away from the template laid by Reginald Hudlin.

She's now unrecognizable for all intents and purposes.

As far as I'm concerned, there's no reason why she should should have been removed as Queen of Wakanda.

Her character should be left alone until such a time as a writer genuinely interested in writing her with the same conviction as Hudlin and Liss did whilst writing her brother with his trademark style and intellectual swagger.
    I get why Hudlin did it and it was a very smart move on his part before hos departure, but making Shuri BP was never ever going to be a permanent thing, on top of that, even when. She was BP she didn't get to interact much with the greater MU.

I still stand by my idea that she could be apart of the hatute zeraze and lead them as the white wolf or whatever title they want to change it to (and throw Kasper on there as second in command) and have her lead Wakandas spec ops team that protects and looks out for Wakanda

I think their more loyal to Wakanda than the throne. Either way calling they shouldn't be calling themselves DM.
    When White Wolf left the service of the throne, I beleive him and his crew continued to refer to themselves as the HZ. Apparently Wakandans seem big of retaining their titles even after they leave T'CHallas employment.

Still, everyone still seems to refer to them as Doras, so I guess in their case they get to keep the title. Maybe that might change if T'Challa ever decides to start up the DM program again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I get why Hudlin did it and it was a very smart move on his part before hos departure, but making Shuri BP was never ever going to be a permanent thing, on top of that, even when. She was BP she didn't get to interact much with the greater MU.

I still stand by my idea that she could be apart of the hatute zeraze and lead them as the white wolf or whatever title they want to change it to (and throw Kasper on there as second in command) and have her lead Wakandas spec ops team that protects and looks out for Wakanda
    Who's fault was it that beyond Hudlin and Maberry, Shuri didn't get to interact with the rest of the MU?

Shuri is not White Wolf, she's Shuri, daughter of T'challa and Wakandan royalty who has no problem being at the front line defending Wakanda in an uncompromising manner.

Who's fault was it that beyond Hudlin and Maberry, Shuri didn't get to interact with the rest of the MU?

Shuri is not White Wolf, she's Shuri, daughter of T'challa and Wakandan royalty who has no problem being at the front line defending Wakanda in an uncompromising manner.

I would say Mayberry is at fault. After Doomwar he tried to increase her profile with a Heroic Age one-shot and Klaws of the Panther. But Doomwar and bad art burned so many bridges, it was hard to recover from.

BANNED

I would say Mayberry is at fault. After Doomwar he tried to increase her profile with a Heroic Age one-shot and Klaws of the Panther. But Doomwar and bad art burned so many bridges, it was hard to recover from.
    Prior to Klaws of the Panther, Maberry had a pretty good handle on Shuri as a character. That coupled with his "Power" arc cemented me on her character. Doomwar had excellent art but was marred by Maberry's trashing of Wakanda and T'Challa at the hands of Doom whom the writer had more of an affinity for.

At the end of the day, Shuri's treatment at the hands of Coates has totally ruined her momentum as a character in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Are black girls only allowed to look up to young techy black girls? Wouldn't marvel had been better off just promoting RiRi and MG instead? how much are ya gonna split the young black girl audience?

Ain't like Letitia is gonna be playing a teenager forever. MCU pretty much ages in real time.

They just gonna keep aging Shuri back up lol? By BP2, she may very well be the same age old school comic shuri lol?

It is kinda wild how fast Okoye took old shuri's "black woman who loves Wakanda and kicks ass with a spear with sass" role.

As soon as Shuri went down, Okoye came out of retirement, snatched the role, made the All Star game, while fan blogs are screaming "you can't lose your job due to injury!"
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 01-25-2019 at 05:25 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I have no problem with her being in the front lines at all. She's a warrior first and foremost, science and tech were NOT her things at all, but if they want to make her a tech genius, then give her a role where she can do it and shine. She doesn't have to be the white wolf, but m, maybe that armor she fought Namor in way back in Doomwar could be bought back. But I think she should take over the HZ and be the leader of Wakandas spec ops

Well ain't that a fat bitch..
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Well ain't that a fat bitch..

Wakanda. Govt. Makes. No. Sense.

Remember when some folks were like, "wakanda govt is stupid bc they have a tribal fight for the throne!"

But I guess they are cool with constitutional monarchies who just ask the monarch ot do everything while secret women councils form made up of a high school kid and a dressmaker to make policy decisions instead lol.

Bast almighty, how did such a simple concept get so convoluted lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html