Page 702 of 744 FirstFirst ... 202602652692698699700701702703704705706712 ... LastLast
Results 10,516 to 10,530 of 11160
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    While I'm not disagreeing with you in any real detail (your ideas are quite intriguing, even where we disagree) I would note that there almost certainly WERE black people in those places, completely ignored. Nobody ever pays attention to the janitorial staff, waiters, and/or drivers.
    As always, you come in with the subtle rebuttals that remain irresistibly compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I guess to me it just had this big set up last issue abd this one kinda just. Fizzled. It seemed like there could of been higher stakes while still leading to a nonviolent finish for me personally. It wasn't a bad issue, but so far the weakest of the 4
    I forgot another part I liked. When he was giving John advice and listed off his current credentials. Imagine having all that stuff on a bushiness cards. Only someone with high level competency can handle all of that at once.

With Cates taking over Thor next month, Im not sure if he'll bring up Tchallas role in that franchise, but I hope he does.

when T'Challa throws out all his title's it makes you wonder why he seems so lame I his Solo but fully capable and badass everywhere else. It's weird it used to be his Solo he was a badass while everywhere else didn't do him favors but now currently it's reversed.

Has anyone else checked out AoW? What were your thoughts

Black Panther is in it... and there are Agents. But in the end, it's Just Another Superhero Team.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Over 700 pages now. Congratulations, Black Panther Appreciation thread!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Interesting, this is also somewhat similar to the MCU version in a manner of speaking while also keeping things tied to previous incarnations. So I'm assuming T'Chanda himself helps cap a little but not Wakanda. And eveb theb cap is kept at arm's length.

Wakanda has spied on the world via satellites and drones essentially throughout time and knows general workings in the developed nations but more on a surface level. Maybe T'Chanda theb is the one who introduces the very first hatute zerazi (20 man team sounds like a good start) and sends them out, thus giving more detailed information to what the other nations are doing as well as satellite and drone spying.

He contacts the FF, to test himself im assuming still to see how he fares in a world of superheroes as his entry then further assesses himself and the world through joining the Avengers, this could also serve as his own personal walkabout similar to yemandi, with many adventures with the Avengers.

In the end, his assessment is that given the enemies they faced and world ending threats, he still feels Wakanda would've been/is strong enough to face them head on and win so he continues to open up, this leading us into Priest version of Wakanda, with Hudlins version of T'Challa (Priest Wakanda was basically indifferent to outsiders but will be polite unless threatened, with Hudlins version of T'Challa who was pretty chill, almost like a cool uncle thst everyone wanted to hang with but could switch to badass mode at a moment's notice) kind of deal.

Is that a fair analysis of what your kinda getting at? What does your version think of Doom and Latveria?
    Yes. And...

Wakanda has been watching Latveria CLOSELY ever since Doom took over. Another reason to get in close with the FF who have the longest history with and most experience fighting him.

Ultimate Member

Black Panther is in it... and there are Agents. But in the end, it's Just Another Superhero Team.
    Seriously.

As far as comics have come, why the hell is it so hard to write a team with a theme among the plot and characters?

BANNED

when T'Challa throws out all his title's it makes you wonder why he seems so lame I his Solo but fully capable and badass everywhere else. It's weird it used to be his Solo he was a badass while everywhere else didn't do him favors but now currently it's reversed.

Coates is the sole reason why T'Challa is "lame" within his own solo whilst being depicted in a consistently competent protagonist, by other writers who understand the central importance of a core protagonist to the overarching core of solid writing.

I just got done reading the current issue of AoW and found it interesting in a hand me down Ultimates type of way.

Nothing spectacular, but still light years ahead of the thematically challenged material Coates is generating.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Seriously.

As far as comics have come, why the hell is it so hard to write a team with a theme among the plot and characters?
    Bro, some writers just lack the ability to stick the landing nowadays because no effort is really put into having the characters interact in a manner that indicates any of them having a life outside of spandex, chain mail or full body armour.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Seriously.

I think Agents somewhat gets a pass in this regard, since the writer of the book isn't exactly the one who came up with the team and line up. Aaron made the group in Avengers, and basically just used a bunch of C list characters he liked. The actual Agents book is sort of just trying to use what's there.

The book of course could try harder to be more of a spy espionage book... but honestly this group really doesn't fit that mold. It's a weird mix of bears and apes and werewolves and Sumo wrestlers. If anything, they're likely to stick out like a sore thumb in almost any context short of a comic book convention. So the group is being used pretty much how one might expect this group to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Coates is the sole reason why T'Challa is "lame" within his own solo whilst being depicted in a consistently competent protagonist, by other writers who understand the central importance of a core protagonist to the overarching core of solid writing.

I just got done reading the current issue of AoW and found it interesting in a hand me down Ultimates type of way.

Nothing spectacular, but still light years ahead of the thematically challenged material Coates is generating.
    Its actually one of the few times in glad the rest of the writers are ignoring what's happening in the minus the aesthetic changes abd the Force push. Everything else can go right into the dumpster

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Yes. And...

Wakanda has been watching Latveria CLOSELY ever since Doom took over. Another reason to get in close with the FF who have the longest history with and most experience fighting him.
    So what would you to re-establish Wakanda as a badass place not to be F'ed with? After recent showings (tro getting destroyed by Thanos, though it did take 3 tries, his full force, all his generals and Thanos himself to show up) and secret empire didn't do any favors either, as well as his Solo not highlighting Wakandas military might, how would you go about it? It was something I was hoping to see in panther quest

Basically.

If you are going to have a team of randoms, their needs to be a reason the randoms exist. Otherwise it is just a bunch of character doing stuff. Which is fine for a little bit but then you gotta provide something other than "fun" unless the art is god tier. Because there is no back history between them. Their are no relationships to continue.

You can throw say... T'challa together with Cap, Stark, Strange, Namor, ect because their are past relationships there. So each conversation is continuing the relationship. So you can get away with more "basic" comics plot wise.

AoW is so random you can't do that. So instead, this should have been building to something that shows WHY T'challa chose such a random ass team. There should have been a distant threat he and okoye knew about, and each member of this team was an essential cog to defeat the threat. And, as a reader, it doesn't start out crystal clear to WHY he needs each one until later in the series. And at the same time, this group should be questioning why T'challa needs them as well. Is he using them? Are they expendable? Can they actually trust him? Basically, the book should be using T'challa's tactical brain combined with his poker face.

You also need to explain why he can't simply call in Thor or other Avengers to take care of it lol. Or why he can't just have Wakanda take care of it.

Basically, you need to have a reason for the book to exist lol. Which should be the basic start with any book....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Basically.

If you are going to have a team of randoms, their needs to be a reason the randoms exist. Otherwise it is just a bunch of character doing stuff. Which is fine for a little bit but then you gotta provide something other than "fun" unless the art is god tier. Because there is no back history between them. Their are no relationships to continue.

You can throw say... T'challa together with Cap, Stark, Strange, Namor, ect because their are past relationships there. So each conversation is continuing the relationship. So you can get away with more "basic" comics plot wise.

AoW is so random you can't do that. So instead, this should have been building to something that shows WHY T'challa chose such a random ass team. There should have been a distant threat he and okoye knew about, and each member of this team was an essential cog to defeat the threat. And, as a reader, it doesn't start out crystal clear to WHY he needs each one until later in the series. And at the same time, this group should be questioning why T'challa needs them as well. Is he using them? Are they expendable? Can they actually trust him? Basically, the book should be using T'challa's tactical brain combined with his poker face.

You also need to explain why he can't simply call in Thor or other Avengers to take care of it lol. Or why he can't just have Wakanda take care of it.

Basically, you need to have a reason for the book to exist lol. Which should be the basic start with any book....
    Because it was actually Aaron which put together this particular group, I think it'll likely be in his book where we find out exactly why this particular group was put together (assuming of course there is a reason beyond Aaron simply liking these characters and wanting to use them). I think AoW is actually more a side thing... Aarons Avengers book is where whatever master plan T'Challa has will be unveiled.

BANNED

Its actually one of the few times in glad the rest of the writers are ignoring what's happening in the minus the aesthetic changes abd the Force push. Everything else can go right into the dumpster
    Most logical writers interested in genuinely dynamic storytelling where T'Challa is concerned, see the proven potential inherent in his character and unique background.

Coates ludicrously offensive take on the BP mythos remains a masterclass in low frequency projection coupled with prejudiced mendacity.