Page 707 of 744 FirstFirst ... 207607657697703704705706707708709710711717 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,605 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    TBH I'm not fan of these "allies" because they aren't apart of the franchise so they are taking away development from actual franchise Characters like Okoye and Shuri, and ontop of that it's husr showing us thst Wakanda is weakened as a nation. This is the same place that reppelled superskrulls solo while the heroes barely won, this id thr same place thst beat back the Black order and even with the full force, generals, abd Thanos himself they still took 3 tries total to beat Wakanda, but bke all of sudden they need these allies? Not buying it.
    I think Eve Ewing did a good job with it in Ironheart. She brought Riri to Wakanda, but didnt have to chump WK to make the story good. She just made the consequences big, but the scale small and personal.

Incredible Member

I just want to see Nu Njadaka combine with 616 Njadaka smh..Whats taking them so long to get to that point?..i mean we know its going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I just want to see Nu Njadaka combine with 616 Njadaka smh..Whats taking them so long to get to that point?..i mean we know its going to happen.
    It may happen this issue, they recovered Chang, so the symbiote must have moved and it looks like they went back to imperial space based on the conversation.

I swear, the folks hear that draw beed tk put this stuff in a comic strip. This is so funny!

Yesh shout out to Redjack for chilling in the forums. Again we may bit always agree, but the conversations are hella good. Wish you thr best and hope marvel hits you up for a BP solo
    two things.

1. you all are crazy as [redacted].

2. if i'm not one of the creators then i'm in the audience just like everybody else. i love comics. always have. always will.

Redjack you are alive...

I thought Mickey "Money" Mouse had you taken care of after stuffing you in the backseat of Lightning McQueen and then racing off into the deserts of Radiator Springs!

Next time leave Minnie Mouse crazay @$$ alone and hook up with Tiana The Frog Princess... She just broke up with Prince Naveen and cooks a mean spicy Gumbo!

There has to be a petition of some kind to form to get you out of the audience seats and right into the "Point Man" seats without messing with the boss's lady!
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Dragging things out is pretty standard for Coates, just like how the "mystery" of how T'Challa got to the Empire and what happened to him was dragged out for nearly a year. Plus NuKillmonger hasn't used the powers that he stole from Bast for 13 issues now and wasn't mentioned until like 2 issues ago

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Things I would like to see in a Black Panther comic run:

1.) The creation of a Ras A Ghul type villain for BP. Since he's the King of the most Technologically country, a villain like this would be a good challenge to him. You could say that he comes from Wakanda born 100s of years in the past. Once fought for the right to become the black panther and lost and then became better. Left Wakanda and traveled the world. Grow a cabal out of others who lost the Black Panther challenge.

Just some ideas I have. Redjack if you can make some of these happen that would be great lol
    I'd love to see a big deal villain. Is The Master kind of Marvel's analog to Vandal Savage? I don't know. Anyway, it could be good to have somebody be a bigger deal than Killmonger and Klaw. But I'm not interested in any "mirror image" villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd love to see a big deal villain. Is The Master kind of Marvel's analog to Vandal Savage? I don't know. Anyway, it could be good to have somebody be a bigger deal than Killmonger and Klaw. But I'm not interested in any "mirror image" villains.
    Kinda sorta, but he's usually associated with Alpha Flight.

If you want someone more likely to be involved in Wakanda in the past, might I suggest Anath-Na Mut, aka the Sphinx? Or possibly the Living Monolith?

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Redjack you are alive...

I thought Mickey "Money" Mouse had you taken care of after stuffing you in the backseat of Lightning McQueen and then racing off into the deserts of Radiator Springs!

Next time leave Minnie Mouse crazay @$$ alone and hook up with Tiana The Frog Princess... She just broke up with Prince Naveen and cooks a mean spicy Gumbo!

There has to be a petition of some kind to form to get you out of the audience seats and right into the "Point Man" seats without messing with the boss's lady!
    100% i would support it. BP quest deserved atleast 40 more episodes and your promotion to BP pointman fo the animation and comics side

Actually, now that I think about it, I'd love to see someone bring Master Khan back. He had a connection to the White Tiger amulets, and hence the Tiger God. And I think we can tie that to Bast somehow...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    T'Challa is still being portrayed as a clueless idiot constantly responding to threats as opposed to anticipating and having contingencies to counter said threats.

I'd say that as opposed to his losses being reversed tenfold, Coates is just continuing his ongoing agenda to keep T'Challa and Wakanda buried six feet deep within the chasm of mediocrity that informs the very basis of his storytelling as regards the black Panther.

The sooner Coates insipid Black Panther run ends, the better.

I'd much rather an actual talent such as Al Ewing was at the helm as regards a viable Black Panther solo book.

At least he (Ewing) understands the importance of acknowledging, respecting and incorporating previous continuity and accurate characterisation.
    I disagree with the clueless idiot critique. The only time I saw him as clueless was when he literally lost his memory. Even then he was doing things to display his intellect. Nakia and M'Baku were both made aware by his equations and experiments.

I prefer to look at things with T'Challa's benefit in mind. The people made it clear they wanted a change so he placed them in a position for it to happen. He gave them the council with the appearance of abdicating the throne. Not before he put other ideas in place to see Wakanda flourish like never before.

Going by the premise of Shuri's short lived solo which I loved, Wakanda is currently in an age of unmatched splendor. The women's council tells us so. There's nothing mediocre about that Wakanda to me. Given the implications this could well lead to a World War Wakanda situation. T'Challa is currently building a second line of defense for his country to guard against the empire that he's indirectly responsible for creating. We're talking about a Wakandan empire spanning 5 galaxies being brought to bear against all of earth.

Not only is it T'Challa's personal responsibility to make sure Wakanda's name isn't trashed around the cosmos, he's the only man capable of successfully resisting the might of this onslaught. It's like MCU Wakanda versus Thanos all over again IMO.

BANNED

TBH I'm not fan of these "allies" because they aren't apart of the franchise so they are taking away development from actual franchise Characters like Okoye and Shuri, and ontop of that it's husr showing us thst Wakanda is weakened as a nation. This is the same place that reppelled superskrulls solo while the heroes barely won, this id thr same place thst beat back the Black order and even with the full force, generals, abd Thanos himself they still took 3 tries total to beat Wakanda, but bke all of sudden they need these allies? Not buying it.
    I love the idea of T'Challa all black allies from across the diaspora. As Redjack alluded to, realistically speaking American born blacks should not have a romanticized idea of Wakanda. Their prosperity also speaks to inaction in regards to colonialism.

At the end of the day Wakandan excellence should be admired and protected at all costs. I fully expect for many to question their history. It's only natural. I also expect for other lack heroes to see what T'Challa is trying to do, how he plans to affect change across the globe, and I expect for Wakanda to be a beacon. Manifold, Thunderball, Storm, Luke Cage and Misty Knight have all shown up to have his back when he called. I fucking love that! I don't think that makes him weak. That makes him resourceful.

It's all brought right home for me because "Wakanda needs its king". It does not need "its council", or "its Hadari Yao", or "its Griot", or "Okoye", or "Nakia"... T'Challa is what Wakanda needs. My mans has gone and cultivated a team of BLACK PEOPLE that just happen to be superheroes to back his fucking play! I love the message that sends. It's a pan-African vibe if I've ever seen one and I couldn't be anymore excited by that.

And I thought I'd also mention how I enjoy the all black everything motif Coates is going with. If that makes me #fake #woke then so be it. Sign me right tf up! I love seeing a gathering of black people and I make no apologies about it. The fact that it truly bothers some people so much only makes me go harder in the paint. Lolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I love the idea of T'Challa all black allies from across the diaspora. As Redjack alluded to, realistically speaking American born blacks should not have a romanticized idea of Wakanda. Their prosperity also speaks to inaction in regards to colonialism.

At the end of the day Wakandan excellence should be admired and protected at all costs. I fully expect for many to question their history. It's only natural. I also expect for other lack heroes to see what T'Challa is trying to do, how he plans to affect change across the globe, and I expect for Wakanda to be a beacon. Manifold, Thunderball, Storm, Luke Cage and Misty Knight have all shown up to have his back when he called. I fucking love that! I don't think that makes him weak. That makes him resourceful.

It's all brought right home for me because "Wakanda needs its king". It does not need "its council", or "its Hadari Yao", or "its Griot", or "Okoye", or "Nakia"... T'Challa is what Wakanda needs. My mans has gone and cultivated a team of BLACK PEOPLE that just happen to be superheroes to back his fucking play! I love the message that sends. It's a pan-African vibe if I've ever seen one and I couldn't be anymore excited by that.

And I thought I'd also mention how I enjoy the all black everything motif Coates is going with. If that makes me #fake #woke then so be it. Sign me right tf up! I love seeing a gathering of black people and I make no apologies about it. The fact that it truly bothers some people so much only makes me go harder in the paint. Lolololololol

For me, stories like Bad Mutha have more of the impact that you're describing. Most of this story takes place in WK. Its already full of black people so a team of black people seems natural. I like it when they come together in unnatural settings.

Like the moment between Jefferson and Jon on Crisis on Infinite Earths. All it takes is a nod to understand everything.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post

I am honestly tired of all this Wakanda bashing. People get mad when countries want to police the whole world, but get mad that Wakanda did not do it. To me this is a huge compliant I have about Coates' run. I mean if you want to blame Wakanda for not stopping colonization (which did not only happen in Africa, but the whole world), you can blame a lot of other marvel heroes for not doing more for people the world all over. On the colonization, I feel read Hudlin's annual. It does a good job of presenting Wkanda's side of the story. What you're asking is a small advanced African country to take on the whole world.

Since Coates is so woke and wants to remember "history" and bash on T'Chala & Wakanda, let me ask a "woke" question about other marvel heroes:
    With all this Storm worship Coates loves to do in the Black Panther comics, Why didn't Storm" Hadari Yao, lover & understander of all black issues & people" stop Katrina? She controls the weather, she could have gone there and really helped out. At least JMS had someone ask Thor this question in Thor's own comic (Thor was dead at the time). But Coates would never do it because it gets in the way of his faux "wokeness". Hold Storm accountable ( I challenge you COATES)

As an american born person who parents were born in Nigeria, I truly APPRECIATE what Wakanda represents. I am not running around saying "why didn't Wkanda stop Nigeria from being colonized? Which to be honest you could ask why did the Eternals, Inhumans,Kun-Lun, or Atlantians ignore the effects of colonization? Colonization effected the whole world ( Sun never sets over the British Empire)

At least Hudlin wrote a comic to address Black superheros response to that situation without tarnishing anyone.

As someone mention in this thread, T'Challa in his own comic book series has not defeated a single villain by himself under Coates reign of the BP comics. That's very sad and alarming. What kind of message does that send. I mean if he was fighting Galacutus, Ultron or Kang the conqueror every story line then that would make sense, but to struggle against the male African version of Poison Ivy, c'mon give me a break.

Also, T'Challa has the doras, HZ, an army of African warriors ( who are already black), most advanced tech, but he STILL needs to go and grab every black character by marvel? I guess I've always been a person that liked solo character comics, (which isn't the solo Black Panther comic supposed to be that?). I not to big on ensemble comics like the X-Men. I feel if you become interested in a particular character and they have a solo run, I should be able to pick up that run and learn more about why I should be interested in that said character.

You look at a character like Batman and you see how he has MANY stories of going in to a situation and defeating many adversaries by himself. But for some reason BP has to shoehorn every black character into his book to make it seem "pro-black"? How about showing BP as an effective hero 1st that is black, then others become more interested in the character. Then show Luke Cage or Misty Knight in there own mini series in the same way, and more people might read there stuff.

It sad that T'Challa has been around since the 1960s and in 2019 he doesn't even have up to 200 issues. It only takes 8 years to get to a hundred issues if the comic comes out every month. 8 years. But Coates says he doesn't want to write "awesome awesome T'Challa"? I guess because fans have gotten to much of that when it comes to T'Challa? It's ridiculous.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 12-15-2019 at 07:18 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    For me, stories like Bad Mutha have more of the impact that you're describing. Most of this story takes place in WK. Its already full of black people so a team of black people seems natural. I like it when they come together in unnatural settings.

Like the moment between Jefferson and Jon on Crisis on Infinite Earths. All it takes is a nod to understand everything.
    I can agree with you here. We have another shared bias between us. That head nod is all that matters. We are our own individuals. We have our own agency. We are more than capable of thinking for ourselves. But the minute I can't nod at you and we both come to a mutual understanding of what's going on, then I don't want it. I wish that person all the blessings in the world, but all skinfolk ain't kinfolk.

T'Challa dun gone out there and found him some skinfolk that ARE his kinfolk and I fuckin champion that with every fiber of my being. #blackexcellence #blackhistory #allblackeverything #wakandaforever #blackdiversity #blacklove #unconditionally