Page 72 of 744 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172572 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 11160

Funko Pop toys are addictive...

Shuri is in the house and Klaw is coming by mail!
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    So I was bored today, and read the latest Shuri ish.

And three things are clear, to me at least:

1. The writer hasn't read a single BP issue. She watched the movie and was either told or chose to transform the comic book characters to their MCU version.
    2. I suspect it's no coincidence that she's introduced two secret councils that just HAPPEN to be all female, nor that the villain is a chauvinistic male.
    3. The teenage girl she introduced will end up being the new Griot because OF COURSE, it's a teenage girl. ALL of her protagonists, including Venom Panther Girl (or whatever she ended up being called) are teenage girls.
    Other then the council misparted, spot on. Nnedi just needs to write moon girl or Riri. Shuri is NOT in her wheel house and it's just cringey to see a regressed Shuri. Also I don't get What her obsession is with acting like Wakandan security is just so easily hacked. Especially by some random pet Character from her pet village.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Other then the council misparted, spot on. Nnedi just needs to write moon girl or Riri. Shuri is NOT in her wheel house and it's just cringey to see a regressed Shuri. Also I don't get What her obsession is with acting like Wakandan security is just so easily hacked. Especially by some random pet Character from her pet village.
    Honestly we probably would have gotten a regressed Shuri even if Nnedi didn't write the book. Marvel probably wanted a more Disney princess version of the characer for synergy purposes.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    This is the kind of stuff I want to see BP doing unapologetically across all media. EMH T'Challa was such a badass.

Glad Coogler acted accordingly.

Overall, this show is good but this is the Worst depiction of Atlantean's yet.

They look more like Conan the Barbarian wannabe's then actual Atlantean's.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    This is the kind of stuff I want to see BP doing unapologetically across all media. EMH T'Challa was such a badass.

Glad Coogler acted accordingly.

Yeah, I am glad the MCU caught on to the hyper agility athleticism

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

1. The writer hasn't read a single BP issue. She watched the movie and was either told or chose to transform the comic book characters to their MCU version.
    2. I suspect it's no coincidence that she's introduced two secret councils that just HAPPEN to be all female, nor that the villain is a chauvinistic male.
    3. The teenage girl she introduced will end up being the new Griot because OF COURSE, it's a teenage girl. ALL of her protagonists, including Venom Panther Girl (or whatever she ended up being called) are teenage girls.
    Yeah, I am so bored of this stuff that I just never commented on it.

Why would Wakandan woman need to meet in secret???

teenage girl may be new griot but she will also likely never be mentioned again lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah, I am so bored of this stuff that I just never commented on it.

Why would Wakandan woman need to meet in secret???

teenage girl may be new griot but she will also likely never be mentioned again lol
    If that does happen, I wou!d have loved to overhear that meeting when editorial told Coates they were going in a different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Choice parallel. Truth, good ol' #33 was my favorite player for years, hmmp, he wasn't the same player after that.
    Career numbers, all star mvp, all nba first team, all defensive first team, 3rd in nba mvp, 55 wins, all without MJ, facing off against your heated rivals in the playoffs, already banged on patrick ewing with the GOAT dunk, now time winding down, one bucket needed to win like we all dream of as kids... and they want to give the ball to Tony Kukoch??? The rook you and MJ whooped on in the olympics 2 years prior? That muthafucka???

Awwww helllllllllll nah bruh!

All that team sport/wakanda forever yah yah shit goes out the window at that point! lol
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

If she's the one who wrote the "Wakanda Forever" Dora books, then she admitted in an interview that Marvel came to her and asked that she "address" the Nakia situation in 616. (i.e. kill her off). I bet they asked her to "address" the Shuri situation as well...

And yea... she's the one who had Rhino murder T'Challa in 2 seconds so that her teen girl character could become ruler or something. I don't remember the details bc i kinda stopped reading the book 2 seconds into it
    Black Panther vs Thor

What is this "new griot" yall are talking about? You mean those ambiguous song n dance/dungeons n dragons powers yall tried explaining to me last year but still made no sense? (no offense)

How's Shuri gonna pass on her griot powers when she had to go through a needlessly complicated/drawn out resurrection history lesson curriculum to get those powers to begin with? She just can't give those powers to a high school graduate. Shouldn't there be a screening process of resumes and professional experience
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Overall, this show is good but this is the Worst depiction of Atlantean's yet.

They look more like Conan the Barbarian wannabe's then actual Atlantean's.
    maybe watch the actual episode first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    What is this "new griot" yall are talking about? You mean those ambiguous song n dance/dungeons n dragons powers yall tried explaining to me last year but still made no sense? (no offense)

How's Shuri gonna pass on her griot powers when she had to go through a needlessly complicated/drawn out resurrection history lesson curriculum to get those powers to begin with? She just can't give those powers to a high school graduate. Shouldn't there be a screening process of resumes and professional experience
    Shuri was having issues with her powers

she then does this astral projection thing with help from teenage chick to try and find T'challa and after some "being in groot" nonsense and a giant bug, when she gets back, she can't access her griot powers anymore.

or something. lol

This "shuri as griot" stuff is gonna be a trivia question in 5 years.

Bast almight, Season 1 was the biggest waste of a year of storytelling of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    maybe watch the actual episode first.
    Don't think watching the episode before hand will change my mind about the design of the characters.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.