Page 73 of 744 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173573 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    What is this "new griot" yall are talking about? You mean those ambiguous song n dance/dungeons n dragons powers yall tried explaining to me last year but still made no sense? (no offense)

How's Shuri gonna pass on her griot powers when she had to go through a needlessly complicated/drawn out resurrection history lesson curriculum to get those powers to begin with? She just can't give those powers to a high school graduate. Shouldn't there be a screening process of resumes and professional experience
    The answer to that is that traditional Wakandan ceremony known as the "Ukunyakaza Kwesandla".

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Shuri was having issues with her powers

she then does this astral projection thing with help from teenage chick to try and find T'challa and after some "being in groot" nonsense and a giant bug, when she gets back, she can't access her griot powers anymore.

or something. lol

This "shuri as griot" stuff is gonna be a trivia question in 5 years.

Bast almight, Season 1 was the biggest waste of a year of storytelling of all time.
    Ohhhhhh

Look, at this point i can't be held accountable for not knowing all this plot/mytho shuffling stuff going on in that Shuri book when i run my mouth. No doras, discount femuminati groups, the complete undoing of season 1 to fully mcu-ize Shuri... come on now. If realdealholy ain't gonna acknowledge this book no more, then it shouldn't count as canon
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    The answer to that is that traditional Wakandan ceremony known as the "Ukunyakaza Kwesandla".

Come on fam, you can't just drop them fancy wakandan SAT words and expect me to google them
    Black Panther vs Thor

If she's the one who wrote the "Wakanda Forever" Dora books, then she admitted in an interview that Marvel came to her and asked that she "address" the Nakia situation in 616. (i.e. kill her off). I bet they asked her to "address" the Shuri situation as well...

And yea... she's the one who had Rhino murder T'Challa in 2 seconds so that her teen girl character could become ruler or something. I don't remember the details bc i kinda stopped reading the book 2 seconds into it
    Ah yes, Nnedi is actually 0/4, she wrote that garbage alternate universe where Rhino kills BP in 2 sec, her pet Character kills rhino and then becomes Queen of Wakanda and BP.. In long, she has her pet Character who dated Tchalla call him short sighted (like literally Tchallas deal is end game big picture isht) Wakanda forever has ugly crack head Nakia (after priest showed her alive and well) and that garbage that went with that story.

And then now Shuri with her regressed teenage attitude, her, lack of any of her original personality and growth she got from Hudlin, the badassery she got from Hickman (up to her suicide) and is now a whiny child who after an entire wasted side story in S1, has her powers transfer to Nnedis new pet Character while other pet Character from her pet village created in long live, can just hack Wakandan security like its nothing... I mean if this ain't the worst fanfiction ever then I dunno what to say

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Don't think watching the episode before hand will change my mind about the design of the characters.
    it's never a good idea to judge anything until you've actually seen it.

Come on fam, you can't just drop them fancy wakandan SAT words and expect me to google them
    https://translate.google.com/#view=h...za%20Kwesandla

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    it's never a good idea to judge anything until you've actually seen it.
    ...that's the thing though...I did just watch it. I see the design. I don't care for it. I do believe I know my likes and dislikes.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

...that's the thing though...I did just watch it. I see the design. I don't care for it. I do believe I know my likes and dislikes.
    How did you watch the episode already if it doesn't come out till tomorrow?

You got the time stone or something
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 01-26-2019 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    How did you watch the episode already if it doesn't come out till tomorrow?

You got the time stone or something
    You misunderstood me. I just watched the clip. Therefore I was able to see the art. Thereby making a decision that I do not like the designs.

I don't need to watch the full show to decided if I like the art work of something or not. No one does.

I do like other elements of the show but the Atlantean designs... and some other things are terrible in my opinion.

I'm just happy that T'Challa is decent in the show at least. Still miss Avenger Earths Mightiest Heroes though.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I would infer, given that the creator of the show suggested that watching the episode might change your opinion, that said Atlantean character design might not be indicative of the culture as a whole.

Call it a hunch.

BANNED

I would infer, given that the creator of the show suggested that watching the episode might change your opinion, that said Atlantean character design might not be indicative of the culture as a whole.

Call it a hunch.
    Sounds logical to me.

Overall, this show is good but this is the Worst depiction of Atlantean's yet.

They look more like Conan the Barbarian wannabe's then actual Atlantean's.
    Not that it bothers me in any particular way, but I will admit fury loin clothes aren't the first thing I would imagine Atlanteans wearing.

Call it a hunch.
    Not sure why that post is getting so much attention. But I'm pretty sure I know myself well enough to know what I do and do not like.

Several of the posters in response to my post have literal pages of them stating in disagreement on how something is on just a page of preview art it in previous T'Challa threads. Never a question of "are you sure?" there.

I don't like the designs of the Atlantean's as a whole. I know that. I think they are designed rather poorly compared to other interpretations that have been made in the past in other mediums. Now the creator (to which I just thought he worked on the show) has a choice of taking criticism to see if he can work on it later or he can ignore it. No harm no foul. *shrug*

Edit:
    Or he could delve into why he choose those designs after the show airs, to not spoil anything, to support the decision.

Felt that should be added. Anyone should have the platform to defend "their" work if they can handle doing so in a respectful discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Not that it bothers me in any particular way, but I will admit fury loin clothes aren't the first thing I would imagine Atlanteans wearing.
    I agree. But that is just part of it for me. There are other things that I dislike about it. However, I'm not going to carry on about it since my goal wasn't to tear anyone down and it seems I might have hit a nerve.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-26-2019 at 04:09 PM.

1. Black Panther
    2. Reed Richards
    3. Dr. Doom
    4. Batman
    5. Luther

I think that's how i'd rank the best strategists from top to bottom. I think BP and Reed are really close.

I'd rank the top 5 h2h but my head hurts just trying to conceptualize all that lady shiva/bronze tiger/cassandra cain/karate kid dissertations from the rumbles board over the years... all i know from the marvel side is BP pwned DD and Elektra and DD and Elektra are both super sayain bullet time rumble board hall of famers. And Wolverine owned Iron Fist in pure skill (granted Bendis wrote that, so maybe it doesn't count) and Iron Fist is super sayian 2 bullet time first ballot his damn self. But BP and Cap owned Wolverine, and BP owned Cap... so by faulty ABC logic, the correct ranking is:

1. Panther
    2. Cap
    3. Wolverine
    4. Doesn't matter

Yup, i'm at peace with these rankings
    Black Panther vs Thor

1. Black Panther
    2. Reed Richards
    3. Dr. Doom
    4. Batman
    5. Luther
    I would swap Reed and Doom out for Cap and Cyclops and drop Luther for Reed, for my list.

If we are talking about the smartest in comics however....it would be that list but I'm not sure what order I would put them in. It's changes on any given day .
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-26-2019 at 04:23 PM.