Page 733 of 744 FirstFirst ... 233633683723729730731732733734735736737743 ... LastLast
Results 10,981 to 10,995 of 11160
    Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Another thing that's so stupid about Coates run is he keeps having T'Challa say " I never asked to be King." This utter bullisht!!! The man literally fought people for the right to be king! If he doesn't won't the throne, another Wakandan can take it from him. Uhh... Coates' logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Another thing that's so stupid about Coates run is he keeps having T'Challa say " I never asked to be King." This utter bullisht!!! The man literally fought people for the right to be king! If he doesn't won't the throne, another Wakandan can take it from him. Uhh... Coates' logic.
    So true. And if he didn't want to be King, he could have quit at any time.

But that wouldn't allow Coates to begin his "No One Man" campaign and turn Doras into Batman and Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Well, like I said earlier if you feel he doesn't look better than rapists by comparrison we can always agree to disagree.
    Your standard is pretty low. He's better theb rapists yet allowed known despots into the nation for advice on how to quell a rebellion.. Not very heroic..

I agree with the people on this forum that ares saying it is impossible for their to have been rape camps in Wakanda and T'Challa not known and did something to stop it. The country and population of Wakanda is too small plus they are the most technologically advanced nation. As a minimum, they could have done the same thing that T'Challa did in Rise of the Black Panther to locate and find the tree houses.

On another note, with the current story line in Captain Marvel were Carol is taking out the Avengers one by one, how do people in this board feel about Carol taking on a probably beating T'Challa? (Why couldn't Coates think of a story like that of T'Challa taking on the avengers )
    All i Can say is at best I can hope for an immortal hulk situation, hw got taken down but it was a feat in itself for how much damage the habit could tank.

And I hope we get Redjacks version some day in The comics as thst wss fire

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    We got you, dog.

Yes you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Your standard is pretty low. He's better theb rapists yet allowed known despots into the nation for advice on how to quell a rebellion.. Not very heroic..
    But wait, he attacks the very people who are trying to save the villagers?

Bad intel? No prep? Terrible writing?

In case some people forgot, he was aiming for the throne two years before it was expected of him.

Even T'Chadwick did not express disapproval when Ramonda told him it was time for him to be king, but he smiled instead.

Also, he was unwilling to back down from the throne when challenged for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Even in Wakanda, no social collapse. You had a spike in crime, which the Doras dealt with. And afterwards everything was fine.

Crime sometimes does have to happen in super hero fiction. But it was dealt with and everything returned to normal. Really that's all it means on the end.

As far as the MA goes... they were wrong. Just like the Punisher is wrong. Ultimately what they did was murder. And even rapists deserve proper due process. Everyone does.

The idea is not that they were right ... but they had a side you can understand. Some people, both in the story and in real life will root for people who murder rapists. In a compleye void I can objectively say they should have been arrested and brought to trial. But if it were my sister or mother or friend or even me in that cage, I'd absolutly be rooting for the MA to out them in a pine box.

Its why rapists work so well in this capacity. The MA can be muderers and antagonists while still be heroes in their own story.
    Namor wept....

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    In case some people forgot, he was aiming for the throne two years before it was expected of him.

Even T'Chadwick did not express disapproval when Ramonda told him it was time for him to be king, but he smiled instead.

Also, he was unwilling to back down from the throne when challenged for it.

Rulership is a weighty responsibility, and the ones who want it most are all too often the least suited to bear that weight. In that respect, T'Challa not necessarily wanting to be king, but seeing it as his duty and responsibility to keep Wakanda safe and strong in the face of challenges and adversaries on many if not all sides, would make a degree of sense.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Free Wakanda You Dumb Son Of A...

TNC: "That looks like a great idea... Wakanda gets colonized and apartheid runs rampant thanks!"

Flex Hectic: "No wait it was just a joke... I Troll I Troll!"

TNC: "Too late I'm moving forward with it!"

Flex Hectic: "Hey, who knows how to work the Quantum Realm we have an emergency here!"
    Get Hectic!

Just because he doesn't want to be king doesn't mean he doesn't know dam well no one could do the job better than him though. I think it's very believable he wouldn't just allow anyone to take the job unless they could do it at least as well. Or they beat him fair and square. Neither of which is likely to ever happen, Killmonger aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Rulership is a weighty responsibility, and the ones who want it most are all too often the least suited to bear that weight. In that respect, T'Challa not necessarily wanting to be king, but seeing it as his duty and responsibility to keep Wakanda safe and strong in the face of challenges and adversaries on many if not all sides, would make a degree of sense.
    Thing is, if he didnt want to be king, his Uncle S'yan was already king and BP at the time so he could of let him Rule, bit he didn't because he wanted to be king. He has shown over the years he wanted to be King. Not once has he ever acted like he would rather be in a lab.. he ain't Reed Richards..

Of all the things that Coates has done, "T'Challa doesn't REALLY want to be king" is perhaps the most egregious. Everything else can be handwaved, ignored, or shoved off into Limbo.

But Priest's entire run HINGED on the idea that T'Challa WASN'T a superhero. He was a king. He wasn't even subtle about it... it was stated in black & white more than once (most notably in Ross' big speech). Every BP writer since then has understood that T'Challa's role as king & protector of Wakanda was more important to him than anything, up to and including his role as an Avenger.

Every writer… except one.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Thing is, if he didnt want to be king, his Uncle S'yan was already king and BP at the time so he could of let him Rule, bit he didn't because he wanted to be king. He has shown over the years he wanted to be King. Not once has he ever acted like he would rather be in a lab.. he ain't Reed Richards..
    Very good point there, come to think of it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In History, most leaders seek to rule. Look at the US system. A person running for president has to seriously campaign. It would be weird for say Obama to go through all that work to be the leader of the US and then say " I never asked to be president."

If he didn't want to lead, S'yan or Shuri could have done it for him. Or another Wakandan.