Page 736 of 744 FirstFirst ... 236636686726732733734735736737738739740 ... LastLast
Results 11,026 to 11,040 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    The latest baseless rumor is that the Dora will be getting a spinoff film based on the whole No One Man nonsense.
    If they want some sort of Disney tv spin off, the Dora's work pretty well. Hopefully that pans out.

I wanted to say happy Holidays to my fellow brethren and hope it's filled with joy, happiness and safety

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    He only needs an upgrade against Tchalla. Hes actually a very powerful character ... problem being he has a weakness to vibranium. Any fight between the two is a potential one hit KO. They match up very poorly in that regard.

But theoretically the higher Tchallas profile goes, the higher his rogues can go. So he's got a shot at being elevated. But Killmonger is the safer bet in that regard.
    Apparently not since goldballs and moon girl handily defeated him with ease. I. Order to be restored he needs to actually veat some high profile heroes or square off against the Avengers and hold his own. As of now, he is a nigh cosmic level power c list villain

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I wanted to say happy Holidays to my fellow brethren and hope it's filled with joy, happiness and safety

Apparently not since goldballs and moon girl handily defeated him with ease. I. Order to be restored he needs to actually veat some high profile heroes or square off against the Avengers and hold his own. As of now, he is a nigh cosmic level power c list villain
    I remember when they did that with Doctor Light in Identity Crisis. Gave him a dangerous update. I dont think it lasted long though.

He had a pretty decent showing in Coates book. Him staying conscious for more than 2 panels is a start. Tchalla had to work for it. A couple more showing like that and hopefully he can dig himself out of the hole he's in.

BP is chairman of the Avengers so a throwdown with the Avengers isn't out of the question. Aaron has much on deck I'm not sure he'd squeeze Klaw in there, but ya never know.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Isn't he partly an FF villain anyway?
    I’d argue that he’s more associated with T’Challa especially in the wake of the movie. And even then the FF have other more notable villains whereas Klaw is BP’s personal enemy alongside Killmonger. It really does fall to BP writers to elevate him so that writers outside the mythos feel compelled to expand on his portrayal.

He only needs an upgrade against Tchalla. Hes actually a very powerful character ... problem being he has a weakness to vibranium. Any fight between the two is a potential one hit KO. They match up very poorly in that regard.

But theoretically the higher Tchallas profile goes, the higher his rogues can go. So he's got a shot at being elevated. But Killmonger is the safer bet in that regard.
    I don’t disagree, the only thing holding him back from being a substantial threat to T’Challa is the fact he hasn’t managed to find a counter for vibranium’s sound absorption. A writer needs to find a way around that while also revamping other elements of the character (look, motivations, niche in the MU, allies, etc). Klaw isn’t a poor villlain solely because he can’t beat T’Challa in a straight fight, he needs a top down makeover IMO.

I hope you don't mind me disagreeing with the thread, but frankly, I think Klaw is a bit crap, and the franchise is well free of him.

He's a one-trick pony whose sole claim to fame is killing T'Chaka decades ago (and getting his butt kicked by a kid afterward).

His motivations are archaic, his appearances monotonous, and his look cliched. The last time I found him interesting was when he went loopy in the ORIGINAL Secret Wars.

BANNED

Merry Christmas everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Merry Christmas, brother Maj.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I hope you don't mind me disagreeing with the thread, but frankly, I think Klaw is a bit crap, and the franchise is well free of him.

He's a one-trick pony whose sole claim to fame is killing T'Chaka decades ago (and getting his butt kicked by a kid afterward).

His motivations are archaic, his appearances monotonous, and his look cliched. The last time I found him interesting was when he went loopy in the ORIGINAL Secret Wars.
    His design could be updated but I'd argue his role as an exploiter of African resources and wannabe colonialist is rather timely.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Similar to M'Baku and Killmonger I think with some tweaking he can be pretty cool though.

The fact that he killed T'Chaka makes it potentially more personal than any character T'Challa will ever face. I think there's a lot of potential value to be mined there.

But I agree he needs work. As is, he's hust not compelling enough.

He had a pretty decent showing in Coates book. Him staying conscious for more than 2 panels is a start. Tchalla had to work for it. A couple more showing like that and hopefully he can dig himself out of the hole he's in.

BP is chairman of the Avengers so a throwdown with the Avengers isn't out of the question. Aaron has much on deck I'm not sure he'd squeeze Klaw in there, but ya never know.
    Thing is having T'Challa have to work harder and get help to defeat a villain he has single handedly destroyed by himself multiple times isn't an update or good showing. It's dumbing down the hero instead of powering up the threat. Especially when. He isn't even the main. Baddie. Now if he was tue nain bad guy and Coates spend the arc cultivating klaw with powerful upgrades and development for the final fight. Sure, but what we got? Still c list. He needs to fight outside the BP mythos really to get to A list

Thing is having T'Challa have to work harder and get help to defeat a villain he has single handedly destroyed by himself multiple times isn't an update or good showing. It's dumbing down the hero instead of powering up the threat. Especially when. He isn't even the main. Baddie. Now if he was tue nain bad guy and Coates spend the arc cultivating klaw with powerful upgrades and development for the final fight. Sure, but what we got? Still c list. He needs to fight outside the BP mythos really to get to A list
    He definately needs to be written as s bigger threat. It was a okay showing against BP ... he wasn't a joke. But he wasn't a beast either and that's what he really needs. Hopefully next time a BP writer uses him Klaw can kick a bit more behind.

Hopefully, the next time a BP writer uses him, T'Challa can kick a bit more behind.

He definately needs to be written as s bigger threat. It was a okay showing against BP ... he wasn't a joke. But he wasn't a beast either and that's what he really needs. Hopefully next time a BP writer uses him Klaw can kick a bit more behind.
    Frankly, anything less then epic isn't acceptable. He's been a joke for so long and if the only way it's considered an okay showing is by dumbing down the hero, then as the BP writer they have failed