Page 739 of 744 FirstFirst ... 239639689729735736737738739740741742743 ... LastLast
Results 11,071 to 11,085 of 11160
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yes my bro, it's like that out here! I find it crazy cause there's just too much source material to pull from and they could something that is completely different from The Avengers game. Don't know why but I insist that a Black Panther game to me should play like something close to Skyrim that completely immerses you in not just the city of Wakanda but brings their Mythology to bear in game play.
    My only possible issue with a Black Panther AAA open world game set entirely (or mostly) in Wakanda is the potential to erode at the idea that it's basically a utopia. Video games like Spiderman and Witcher require constant conflict and beating up on criminals, monsters, etc. It's not great for the overall image of the kingdom to seem plagued by those issues unless a compelling explanation is given explaining why T'Challa is dealing with them 24/7. Otherwise Wakanda comes off looking less like this idyllic African civilization and more like an afrofuturistic version of Gotham or Night City.

It's more than possible to provide that explanation, I just would hope that developers keep that at the forefront of their minds rather than have stuff like missions where you gotta shut down a network of sci-fi rape camps lol. Wakanda's history as an isolated warrior culture with an exceedingly high quality of life means you gotta get creative with the domestic threats without contradicting the core aspects of the mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    My only possible issue with a Black Panther AAA open world game set entirely (or mostly) in Wakanda is the potential to erode at the idea that it's basically a utopia. Video games like Spiderman and Witcher require constant conflict and beating up on criminals, monsters, etc. It's not great for the overall image of the kingdom to seem plagued by those issues unless a compelling explanation is given explaining why T'Challa is dealing with them 24/7. Otherwise Wakanda comes off looking less like this idyllic African civilization and more like an afrofuturistic version of Gotham or Night City.

It's more than possible to provide that explanation, I just would hope that developers keep that at the forefront of their minds rather than have stuff like missions where you gotta shut down a network of sci-fi rape camps lol. Wakanda's history as an isolated warrior culture with an exceedingly high quality of life means you gotta get creative with the domestic threats without contradicting the core aspects of the mythos.
    Techno virus Invasion works. Changes animals an humans into monsters. Tchalla, a Dora, and an HZ go around in a KOTOR style game.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Techno virus Invasion works. Changes animals an humans into monsters. Tchalla, a Dora, and an HZ go around in a KOTOR style game.
    Works for me! I remember back in the old thread there were some wild ideas for game mechanics in a BP game and to this day I still think it'd be the most successful non-movie Marvel product if they got it right. Not so much in terms of money, but cultural impact and cementing the BP legacy in pop culture.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

What kind of techno-virus would we be talking about? Something like the Phalanx? Or Extremis? Or maybe both?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

You can have a BP game that takes place outside Wakanda for the most part and can fast travel to other locations. Think of it as a video game version of "The Client" story arc.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 12-28-2019 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    What kind of techno-virus would we be talking about? Something like the Phalanx? Or Extremis? Or maybe both?
    Traditionally, when people talk T-O virus, they either mean the Technarh/Phalanx version or the one Cable has/had (I've lost track).

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It wouldn't really matter. As long as the game is fun. I'm thinking visually be it would like the High Moon Transformers games with Dark Energon.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    You can have a BP game that takes place outside Wakanda for the most part and can fast travel to other locations. Think of it has a video game version of "The Client" story arc.
    That could work.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Traditionally, when people talk T-O virus, they either mean the Technarh/Phalanx version or the one Cable has/had (I've lost track).
    True. I even remember Ultron assimilating the Phalanx in Annihilation: Conquest and using them in a bid to take over the universe.

It wouldn't really matter. As long as the game is fun. I'm thinking visually be it would like the High Moon Transformers games with Dark Energon.
    Could go for that. Could definitely go for that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Something I'd like to see in a game is Panther rounding up and taking down different African mythical monsters/beings that are drawn to Wakanda for some reason, idk rn.
    Last edited by Cosmic Emerald 23; 12-28-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    How in Bast's name is there a movie tie in game for Jumanji YET Black Panther, a $1.3Billion movie, the highest domestic grossing movie of 2018, the most successful solo superhero movie of all time, a global cultural phenomenon, a character that has appeared in 6 movies all of which have no less than a $Billion per movie...and he can't get his own video game?? Hoooww??
    Disney doesn't really care about video games very much. It's kind of strange that they don't, but I suppose when you have more money than Bast you don't have to. Unless it's a mobile game, Kingdom Hearts, or maybe teasing Tron fans for the umpteenth time. They tried their own Pokemon knockoff with Spectrobes it didn't really happen. I think Disney infinity was a knockoff of Skylanders. Marvel doesn't really care either, unless it's a mobile title. Spider-Man was a sony thing. MvC infinite was a half finished title released at a $60 price point, though that's more on Capcom.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

Looks cool. Dialog is pretty cheesy though.

Looks cool. Dialog is pretty cheesy though.
    The entirety of the Coates run, in one sentence.

T'challa's greatest accomplishment in this 5 year run, is that int he very last page of the run, the dude will finally stop looking at the ground like a beaten dog
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    You can have a BP game that takes place outside Wakanda for the most part and can fast travel to other locations. Think of it as a video game version of "The Client" story arc.
    Similar to the Middle Earth: Shadow of War

But, it is easier to stay out of "real places" doing this. Like, you don't want to travel to NYC because then you have to replicate NYC to perfection ala Spider-Man PS4.

But if you keep it purely fictional places or smaller areas, it isn't nearly as hard. The hard part then is designing more so than needing perfection.

Killmonger with help from Baron Macabre and other Death Cultis, successfully strengthen [insert bad god] powers over wakanda while weakening Bast. Like Anubis or something.

This dark power starts turning regular Wakandan's into people who need punched lol

The game goes along trying ot figure out who is behind it, we don't know its Killmonger until you get later in the game. So the end game boss would be killmonger but the real endgame boss would be Anubis while you are powered by Bast or some ****.

So you travel region to region tryign to keep Wakanda under control while at the same time finding the source. This region to region travel puts you at odds to the people in those regions, giving you naturally mini bosses. Like you travel to Azania and end up fighting Klaw or you travel to Jabari Lands and end up fighting M'baku (who later joins your side for synergy! and becomes playable lol). ect

You can also add an interesting mechanic to where when you are fighting good Wakandan's turned evil, you have to use non lethal tactics and moves (punches, non lethal daggers, sleep gas, holds, throws, ect). But when fighting actual bad guys (death cultists, azania's ect), you can use lethal tactics (claws and ****)

now im rambling lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html