Page 743 of 744 FirstFirst ... 243643693733739740741742743744 LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,145 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's a shame. Apep is an actual evil god in Egyptian mythology, as far as I recall, so he'd be just about perfect and nobody would have to complain about gods associated with death, darkness, or other "icky" concepts getting unfairly shafted in Western media adaptations. Speaking of unfairly shafted and Anubis, though . . . well, there was that time a presumptuous Spider-Man villain who thought he'd found a way to overcome death itself started parading around in an Anubis mask.
    Marvel has never really treated the Egyptian gods as well as the Greek or Viking pantheons (which is one reason why I rewrote them wholesale in my Bast post last week).

I mean, bloody Earth Force?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Not sure if any of you have heard of these guys on YouTube called "The Spinner Rack", but they have an old review on Coates's issue 2 for S1. They voice basically our same opinions of the run. They have other Black Panther related videos as well.

They basically said everything we've been saying for a long time in this thread.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Marvel has never really treated the Egyptian gods as well as the Greek or Viking pantheons (which is one reason why I rewrote them wholesale in my Bast post last week).

And that's a real shame, considering Neith, associated with spiders due to her being the weaver of destiny or something like that, could be a unique goddess to bring into the Marvel mythos, for example.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

And that's a real shame, considering Neith, associated with spiders due to her being the weaver of destiny or something like that, could be a unique goddess to bring into the Marvel mythos, for example.
    Anansi is cooler, tho.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Anansi is cooler, tho.
    Indeed, he is. Indeed, he is. I just brought up Neith for the sake of a little variety and not defaulting to Arachne as the other best-known mythological spider (deity).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Indeed, he is. Indeed, he is. I just brought up Neith for the sake of a little variety and not defaulting to Arachne as the other best-known mythological spider (deity).
    you all should read MENTHU.

This thread is getting very low energy...

As the calendar flips let's get a jump start on all those New Years resolutions you're gonna break by the end of the week with some high impact aerobics!

Don't forget to breathe...
    Get Hectic!

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

T'Challa and Shuri vs Neith the Queen of the Egyptian gods

https://blackpantherfanstories.wordp...ystal-citadel/

No disqualification match and Franklin "To me my Galactus" Richards is the guest referee.

All the best for 2020 everyone.

BANNED

Can I ask my fellow Black Panther enthusiasts a few questions? Given the new direction of the X-Men, the new country of Krakoa and Wakanda seem to be at odds over the choice to reject mutant pharmaceuticals. Wakanda has the cure for cancer so it makes complete sense that they wouldn't need any life sustaining drugs from anyone. How would you guys feel if T'Challa or the council actually accepted the Xavier and Magneto's threat of extortion?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think it's less an extortion and more a bribe, but, as you said, it's mostly a bribe without value. That being said, Wakanda doesn't really seem to have any ideological reason not to recognize a mutant state.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Can I ask my fellow Black Panther enthusiasts a few questions? Given the new direction of the X-Men, the new country of Krakoa and Wakanda seem to be at odds over the choice to reject mutant pharmaceuticals. Wakanda has the cure for cancer so it makes complete sense that they wouldn't need any life sustaining drugs from anyone. How would you guys feel if T'Challa or the council actually accepted the Xavier and Magneto's threat of extortion?
    I'd shrug

It really isn't a plot point until Hickman decides it is one. Then I will worry about it.

With Hickman, Wakanda rejecting the drugs is either a set up for the future or it is just Hickman going, "Wakanda does what it wants, always" and moving on. Hickman's T'challa/Wakanda was always a bit more hardline and independent than some depictions. Writers tend to default to that version of Wakanda when they aren't the main show (like spencer with Secret Empire. Aaron with Secret Invasion).

We will find out in what... 3 years? if it is relevant lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I do like how a lot (though not all) of the Egyptian Gods feel like gods though. They have a certain mystique to them.

A lot of the Norse and Greek Gods are humanized to the point where they just seem like powerful immortals. But Egyptian gods like Bast and Knonshu are potrayed more godlike to me. They don't seem quite as human.That might be the upside of Egyptian gods being supporting characters to a super hero rather than actual superheroes themselves. They're not as brought down to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I think it's more interesting that they didn't accept it... but if they hypothetically did, I wouldn't mind it as I imagine it's less about the bribe and more about accepting a mutant nation. Wakanda was a big supporting of Jean Greys idea of a mutant nation back in X-Men Red, so that shouldn't be an issue to them.

BUt I do suspect that Krakoa is going to end up at odds with the rest of the world... and Wakanda will be involved with that. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    What is this comment about not planning for things? Felt to me like he was taking shots @ Priest's run. When I first read this, I thought "Great, more of Coates pretentiousness."

Is anyone else getting a little tired of T'Challa's deceased loved ones gripping at him? That KOTD power has to be the worst set of powers. They've been gripping at him since Hickman was writing T'Challa.
    I don't think they're really griping with him here... everyone seems in agreement with what needs to be done. If anything I think they're surprisingly supportive of it.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I do like how a lot (though not all) of the Egyptian Gods feel like gods though. They have a certain mystique to them.

A lot of the Norse and Greek Gods are humanized to the point where they just seem like powerful immortals. But Egyptian gods like Bast and Knonshu are potrayed more godlike to me. They don't seem quite as human.That might be the upside of Egyptian gods being supporting characters to a super hero rather than actual superheroes themselves. They're not as brought down to earth.
    True. I'd rather not see Horus as an Avenger. But the flip side is that a lack of stories means a lack of consistent characterization, which is why you get things like LOLCat Sekhmet or Orisha™ Bast.