Page 78 of 744 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178578 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'm really curious. When did these appear?

Last edited by Rumble; 01-27-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Seems like T'Challa was never in the cabin. He hard light projected Clint, then hard light projected himself. But he was in the mech suit in the wakandan spaceship the whole time. There's levels to this ish lol
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I want both! lol
    Kinetic energy blasts comes with the bp movie suit right? Or are you referring to something else?

I figure the shield should be for protecting bystanders, like what we did with Shuri when Thor attacked her or just any situation where he has to take an energy beam full on.

The hard light projectors are the truth! Goes back to our years long discussion of how there are so many things that need to get standardized.
    I might of mistaking you, but yeah MCU habit does have the energy.

My list would be:

-Mcu habit (look and everything)

-Redjacks shield, and the detachable claws

- the daggers in Coates story, the sleep darts mixed into Priest/Hudlin's daggers with EMH adjustability

-Ewing/Aaron's teleporting

-Redjacks kimoyo system

-Hudlin's sky bike

-Priests nyami mothership, and doomsday panthers

- hard light projectors

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Seems like T'Challa was never in the cabin. He hard light projected Clint, then hard light projected himself. But he was in the mech suit in the wakandan spaceship the whole time. There's levels to this ish lol
    So it's like Astral Projection but scientific and physically interactive, or is it a hologram clone/decoy?

So it's like Astral Projection but scientific and physically interactive, or is it a hologram clone/decoy?
    During the Deadpool fight, his projected hologram 2-hand clasped Deadpool's downward slicing sword attack and then batted the sword from DP's grasp

So it's physically interactive and somewhat dense enough for full on combat. That's what makes it crazy. It's essentially light come to life, his equivalent to doombots but... better. lol
    Black Panther vs Thor

In the second scan of the BPvsDP scans, the projector itself is a small hockey puck sized device. I'd guess it's pretty much a portable "Danger Room" simulator. So the holograms look, feel, and hit life-like until BP says end simulation. The question i have is just how life-like does it hit. i.e. does it scale to how strong ironman and Hulk are? or just to the strength of BP?
    Last edited by Rumble; 01-27-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    Black Panther vs Thor

Is anyone interested in the "King of the Dead" being used and actually given some importance in the MCU? That "upgrade" could actually be worked out more throughly there...maybe.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

In the second scan of the BPvsDP scans, the projector itself is a small hockey puck sized device. I'd guess it's pretty much a portal "Danger Room" simulator. So the holograms look, feel, and hit life-like until BP says end simulation. The question i have is just how life-like does it hit. i.e. does it scale to how strong ironman and Hulk are? or just to the strength of BP?
    Who punched DP in the last panel? Was it another projector?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Is anyone interested in the "King of the Dead" being used and actually given some importance in the MCU? That "upgrade" could actually be worked out more throughly there...maybe.
    Nah. The only useful thing is did was talk to ancestors. The herb already cover that.

Who punched DP in the last panel? Was it another projector?
    Nah. It was the actual BP then.

At the start of the fight, right after BP told his mom to find cover, this was projector BP vs DP

Black Panther vs Thor

Oh, and i meant portable Danger Room simulator, not portal lol
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Nah. The only useful thing is did was talk to ancestors. The herb already cover that.
    I suggested once that some of the things that came with that title should just be incorporated into T'Challa innate abilities that came with the herb, and the King of the Dead label should be dropped altogether.

The ancestral connection thing should be something T'Challa is just able to do because he took the same herb all Black Panthers took. Etablish that all BPs have been able to do it through a ritual mixed with a bit of science and tech (a bit like the MCU's Ancestral Plane). Expand it a little by allowing T'Challa to commune with a past BP or a congregation of them, or tap into their memories and experiences in a simulation. Bridge the religious and scientific together.

Another thing that came from it was soul stalking, but it didn't need to come with the title either (and it was poorly developed to be honest). I would change it to either that his five enhanced senses have extended beyond the physical plane, or he has an extra sense that allows him to perceive cosmic and mystic forces to a degree. EMH suggested Wakandan shaman performed a ritual to allow him to 'see' magic. You could handle it this way.

I'd take away the spirit spear and soul summoning to be honest because I generally think it's lame and goes too far beyond his theme/niche.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I think functionally speaking, the King of the Dead existed really just so T'Challa could still be a "king" and Black Panther without taking the mantle away from Shuri pre-maturely.

It may not be necessary in the MCU. The biggest gain from the ability was probably to talk to his ancestors (if you can even consider that a gain since frankly they seemed sort of nagging), and he can already do that to some degree in the MCU. Controlling zombies and the spear don't necessarily fit the character.

Given that T'Challa and half Wakanda just died, I suppose it's an element they could play with if they wanted to. But there's far less need of it in the MCU than there was in the MU when he first got the ability.

I like the spear because it gives T'Challa a ranged attack that isn't just a generic energy blast. Plus, it gives him something that can be used against mystical foes.

But I wouldn't tie it to the KotD thing. I agree that it was a complete waste of time. Instead, I'd make it a relic of the first Black Panther, the Spear Of Bashenga.

I'd also have T'Challa use it in tandem with a Redjack-style energy shield, simply because it would look REALLY cool.

My usual layout would be something like:

1. Vibranium habit with night-vision lenses and voice-operated Kimoyo interface.
    2. Vibranium claws.
    3. Bead grenades with various (but limited) functions.
    4. Spear of Bashenga, often (but not always) teamed with
    5. Hard light shield with a prominent panther-head design.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I like the spear because it gives T'Challa a ranged attack that isn't just a generic energy blast. Plus, it gives him something that can be used against mystical foes.

But I wouldn't tie it to the KotD thing. I agree that it was a complete waste of time. Instead, I'd make it a relic of the first Black Panther, the Spear Of Bashenga.

I'd also have T'Challa use it in tandem with a Redjack-style energy shield, simply because it would look REALLY cool.

My usual layout would be something like:

1. Vibranium habit with night-vision lenses and voice-operated Kimoyo interface.
    2. Vibranium claws.
    3. Bead grenades with various (but limited) functions.
    4. Spear of Bashenga, often (but not always) teamed with
    5. Hard light shield with a prominent panther-head design.
    I totally get your reasoning (and I like that layout), but here's why I don't like the spear.

In my head there are three aspects to Wakanda that define it.

1. The warrior nature
    2. The scientific and technological edge
    3. The mystical and religious nature

I believe that list is hierarchical and the most definitive aspect of Wakanda is that she has a warrior people above all else.

I see T'Challa, the Black Panther as the very essence and the representation of Wakanda made flesh. So to me, T'Challa is first and foremost a warrior (and if we can take the discussion back to what T'Challa, I believed he should be pushed as the greatest warrior on Earth). Next, he is a genius, first and foremost trained to possess mental discipline and expertise in the field of war and combat, and has studied to expand his knowledge of the world scientifically. And third, he can be seen as Wakanda's high priest of sorts. Bast's chosen champion, the goddess Wakandans (or at least the relevant clan) worship. Her avatar to the world.

Not saying this should happen often, but if you take away everything T'Challa has (his riches, access to technology and his powers), he still has his mind, his body and his skills. That to me is his natural order. The skills in warfare and combat, the mental discipline to be a great strategist and warrior, the high tech gear, and then the powers. The last two things enhance and complement the first two things, not make up for the lack of them. His enhanced senses and physical stats put him above all and he represents the Panther goddess this way.

When you give T'Challa the ability to summon a whole mystical weapon, it messes up the natural order. The mystical powers then come first (or at least second), and it starts to feel like it's he's thing or it should be. I mean, why stop there? If we're going to suggest T'Challa is connected to every past BP, then surely he should be able to summon one of them's knives, another one's shield, the bow and arrow of another, and so on. And then Black Panther starts to feel like his primary shtick is mystical, and his powers feel like it's about summoning spirit weapons. Hell maybe he should be able to summon spirits too to fight with him. You get what I mean?

This works with someone like Iron Fist, whose natural hierarchy is first being a well trained martial artist and second being transformed into a mystical warrior. There's nothing in between those two, which is why it would be weird if Iron Fist started using gadgets, or if the mystical side became at the forefront and Danny started doing full on magic. Likewise, it would be weird if T'Challa started using mystical weapons at all. Tech gear works better as his enhancements as he is an extension of Wakanda, and Wakanda is the most technologically advanced nation on Earth with the greatest warriors and the Panther goddess on their side.

At least that's how I see it