Page 81 of 744 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181581 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 11160

Apparently winning that SAG award means there is about a 50% chance of winning Best Picture at the Oscars?

I don't undertand this award **** but...

I do wanna watch the world burn
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

"I didn't think I was gonna have to speak. Obviously, thank Sag-AFTRA for this moment of appreciation, celebration of this film. Thank our director Ryan Coogler. He's a genius.

"And this cast, this ensemble that...when I think of going to work everyday and the passion and the intelligence, the resolve, the discipline that everybody showed. I also think of two questions that we all have received during the course of multiple publicity runs. One is: Did we know that this movie was going to receive this kind of response? Meaning, was it going to make a billion dollars, was it going to still be around this award season? And the second question is: Has it changed the industry? Has it actually changed the way this industry works, how it sees us?

"My answer to that is to be young, gifted and black," he continued. "Because all of us up here know...to be young, gifted and black, we all know what it's like to be told that there is not a place for you to be featured, yet you are young gifted and black. We knot what it's like to be told there's not a screen for you to be featured on, a stage for to be featured on. We know what it's like to be the tail and not the head. We know what it's like to be beneath and not above. And that is what we went to work with everyday. because we knew not that we would be around during award season or that it would make a billion dollars, but we knew that we had something special that we wanted to give the world. That we could be full human beings in the roles that we were playing. That we could create a world that exemplified a world that we wanted to see. We knew that we had something that we wanted to give and to come to work with everyday and to solve problems with this group of people every day, with this director, that is something that I wish all actors would get the opportunity to experience. If you get to experience that, you will be a fulfilled artist.

"Now, the question of would we be around during award season, I just have to say it's a pleasure to be celebrated by you, to be loved by you," he concluded. "And one thing that I do know—did it change the industry? I know that you can't have Black Panther now without a 2 on it."

-Chadwick Boseman

Bars!!! This is like a 2nd mid-credits scene!
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Oh man when will the haters learn? BP ain't gonna be stopped back Almost a year ago and it ain't gonna be stopped now. The sooner they learn, the Sooner they can move on
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Apparently winning that SAG award means there is about a 50% chance of winning Best Picture at the Oscars?

I don't undertand this award **** but...

I do wanna watch the world burn

Wakanda forever!
    Black Panther vs Thor

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    "I didn't think I was gonna have to speak. Obviously, thank Sag-AFTRA for this moment of appreciation, celebration of this film. Thank our director Ryan Coogler. He's a genius.

"And this cast, this ensemble that...when I think of going to work everyday and the passion and the intelligence, the resolve, the discipline that everybody showed. I also think of two questions that we all have received during the course of multiple publicity runs. One is: Did we know that this movie was going to receive this kind of response? Meaning, was it going to make a billion dollars, was it going to still be around this award season? And the second question is: Has it changed the industry? Has it actually changed the way this industry works, how it sees us?

"My answer to that is to be young, gifted and black," he continued. "Because all of us up here know...to be young, gifted and black, we all know what it's like to be told that there is not a place for you to be featured, yet you are young gifted and black. We knot what it's like to be told there's not a screen for you to be featured on, a stage for to be featured on. We know what it's like to be the tail and not the head. We know what it's like to be beneath and not above. And that is what we went to work with everyday. because we knew not that we would be around during award season or that it would make a billion dollars, but we knew that we had something special that we wanted to give the world. That we could be full human beings in the roles that we were playing. That we could create a world that exemplified a world that we wanted to see. We knew that we had something that we wanted to give and to come to work with everyday and to solve problems with this group of people every day, with this director, that is something that I wish all actors would get the opportunity to experience. If you get to experience that, you will be a fulfilled artist.

"Now, the question of would we be around during award season, I just have to say it's a pleasure to be celebrated by you, to be loved by you," he concluded. "And one thing that I do know—did it change the industry? I know that you can't have Black Panther now without a 2 on it."

-Chadwick Boseman

Dude is really T'Challa in real life. He deserves a lot more, but this is such a great win nonetheless. The sequel is going to have all the hype. Can't wait!

Do you have a link for the speech? I'd love to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post

-Chadwick Boseman

I thought Chadwick was sick of the role and the cast hated him?

lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Dude is really T'Challa in real life. He deserves a lot more, but this is such a great win nonetheless. The sequel is going to have all the hype. Can't wait!

I expect an announcement of what the sub title will be either during the oscars or during comic-con. "Black Panther: Enemy of the State, Black Panther: Sturm Und Drang etc.

Then the hype will begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I expect an announcement of what the sub title will be either during the oscars or during comic-con. "Black Panther: Enemy of the State, Black Panther: Sturm Und Drang etc.

Then the hype will begin.
    Didn't Coogler just start writing not to long ago?

but IM and GoG didn't use subtitles

Could very well just be Black Panther 2

Didn't Coogler just start writing not to long ago?

but IM and GoG didn't use subtitles

Could very well just be Black Panther 2
    I don't know. With the box office records, critical acclaim and award nominations and wins, surely they can do better than naming the sequel BP2.

An epic sequel deserves an epic title but if they go with BP2 then no wahala.

I thought the cast were beefin? lol

Chick in the back represents all the neck beard BP haters as BP racks up the accolades

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

Black Panther vs Thor

See, this is what Hollywood doesn't get. Black people have every bit of the same skill, depth, talent and passion for acting roles. The world needs to see their humanity and triumph over and over until the this fact is indisputable and there is access to top roles and opportunities. Awesome post!!!

I thought Chadwick was sick of the role and the cast hated him?

lol
    We really gotta start following-up with these people... mouths writing checks that stay getting bounced at the bank!

Gotta start charging return fees, send they bitch asses to the negatives and compound that interest!
    Black Panther vs Thor

I thought the cast were beefin? lol

Chick in the back represents all the neck beard BP haters as BP racks up the accolades
    Truth. Saw a post on Facebook.. the neck beards are raging HARD. "Pandering" "Black Privilege" "It only won because it was an all Black cast" "Logan & Winter soldier had better acting"

Followed by "I'm Just saying, I'm not racist or anything"
    Right... Either way them and us:

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Black Panther vs. Deadpool is an odd ball, isn't it?

The characters aren't good foils for one another but the characterization is spot on
    I don't about that T'Challa is very serious no nonsense guy, and Deadpool is well... Deadpool. I think they compliment each other quite nicely.