Page 86 of 744 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186586 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 11160

Great time to be a BP fan. Better feats, minis, more appearances in other titles, leading a super team as well as having his own black ops team.

Not bad, not bad at all. Just need more swag coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    BoG

Read Marvel Knights #6 and then update your h2h rankings!

You can't penalize T'Challa just because he took herbal supplements that one time before USADA enacted stricter rules on performance enhancers. I doubt Afrikan fruits (or vegetables? or divine interventions from Egyptian cat deities? ) even qualify on the banned substances list for most anti-doping agencies! Come on!

I see Daredevil hoppin around rooftops like he spider-man, well i say an investigation needs to be launched including year long randomized testing because that ish is not natural!
    Technically, I rate BP lower because the dude has better things to do than train all the time. The highest ranking H2H fighters should be the sort who (to paraphrase an old standup comic routine):

"…think that fighting is cool. They hang out with other fighters, talking about fighting. They go home at night and watch 'Enter The Dragon' and fondle themselves."

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Technically, I rate BP lower because the dude has better things to do than train all the time. The highest ranking H2H fighters should be the sort who (to paraphrase an old standup comic routine):

"…think that fighting is cool. They hang out with other fighters, talking about fighting. They go home at night and watch 'Enter The Dragon' and fondle themselves."
    I've always believed that the people who are very very good at a million different things are never the best at any ONE thing.

Batman potentially COULD be the best fighter in DC if he spent his time focusing on nothing but training to become a better fighter. But because he divides his time mastering dozens and dozens of different disciplines, he doesn't have the master of say a Lady Shive or Richard Dragon, who dediate themselves to mastering one thing 24.7.

And to flip it, I'll wager if Mantis or Shang Chi or whatever spent portion of the time they dedicated to training in the martial arts learning physics or electrical engineering, they would probably drop a notch or two in the top 10 as well.

The best of the best should be the guys that essentially embody that one trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    BP vs DP was greatness!

DP called BP the smartest man on Earth.

Is it time for another Rumble ranking?

I don't like to trigger the usual suspects on consecutive weeks tho.

In the meantime, while I contemplate, I'll just say 1.3 billy really has BP looking the best he's ever looked across the 616. It's lit
    I think so! And yeah BP be looking pretty good with that 1.3 Billy backing him. No one can talk isht with thst much bank raining. I am loving the change that quickly swept through once the movie dropped. Just need Redjack tonfrt another season of BP, him to become point man for BP too abd we golden. The only way this could get better would be for Tchalla to a Major role in this event like he did in tro

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    check the patreon page.
    Dude! That poster is badass! I need some mini series About the characters in the comics to explore them.. like yesterday

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    And that's the cool thing about a story like this. It's what made Liss' run cool too. Strip away the Wakandan tech, resources, and privileges and you're left with an incredibly intelligent skilled human being that can kick @$$. Sometimes that gets lost because of all the other stuff brings to the table. Isolating him on occasion from the other stuff is a nice reminder that the gear and tech and even Wakanda itself is just icing on the cake. It's the guy which makes him dangerous.
    I agree with you on this. I am on record hoping for a T'Challa version of Robinson Crusoe on some planet or other dimension. No tech. Just him conquering all the physical, mental, and spiritual challenges it would take for him to get home. Or maybe an Enemy Mine type story; with Eric? But instead we got Coates.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

This Black Panther/Deadpool issue feels more of a Deadpool issue than a Black Panther issue - particularly a Joe Kelly Deadpool issue (I only read the crossover issue with Christopher Priest so I can't comment on Priest's Deadpool). I love the joke about speaking with Coates, though. That was a dumb joke that hinted at the fourth wall without technically breaking it.

I wasn't a huge fan of Marvel Knights this week. It's hard to really say what the point of the story was and the continuity stuff is going to bother me.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Dude! That poster is badass! I need some mini series About the characters in the comics to explore them.. like yesterday

honestly, i'd love to do a couple of minis based on the show. Or an ongoing BP title set in this universe.

These next few eps are going to be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    I agree with you on this. I am on record hoping for a T'Challa version of Robinson Crusoe on some planet or other dimension. No tech. Just him conquering all the physical, mental, and spiritual challenges it would take for him to get home. Or maybe an Enemy Mine type story; with Eric? But instead we got Coates.
    I do think at times T'Challas gear is so uber, it takes a little bit away from the man.

In Deadpool vs BP for example, there's a part where DP flat out states he can't take BP. Yet once he gets a vibranium suit, he's comfortable fightin T'Challa because he feels it's an even playing field. On one hand it gives props to the suit, which is nice... but in a way it almost gives the suit TOO much credit because he's basically saying the reason he felt he couldn't beat BP before was because of the suit rather than BP's innate abilities. I don't think that was the intent at all since the book is CLEARLY trying to give BP his props... but it sort of felt that way.

Thankfully we're also getting MK, where BP without the suit is kicking all sorts of butt. So it all balances out.

But yeah... the idea of him doing a story where he's completely left to his own devices in kinda cool. And that's SORT OF what we're getting in Coates current arc I suppose. He's stripped if any innate advantages he might normally have and relies more on his abilities than anything else. Obviously there's space tech all over the place, but it's a level playing field since everyone has it. Not quite the same thing, but the story does put emphasis on the man rather than the gear. Which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    This Black Panther/Deadpool issue feels more of a Deadpool issue than a Black Panther issue - particularly a Joe Kelly Deadpool issue (I only read the crossover issue with Christopher Priest so I can't comment on Priest's Deadpool). I love the joke about speaking with Coates, though. That was a dumb joke that hinted at the fourth wall without technically breaking it.

I wasn't a huge fan of Marvel Knights this week. It's hard to really say what the point of the story was and the continuity stuff is going to bother me.
    Was the original Marvel Knights even in continuity though? I think in some cases it was, and in some cases it wasn't. But this series might not be, since the original at times wasn't. Either way, I didn't think it was great by any stretch of the imagination but it was an interesting idea that I think needed to get fleshed out a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    check the patreon page.
    That poster is sick.

I wanna put it in my garage weight room.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Was the original Marvel Knights even in continuity though? I think in some cases it was, and in some cases it wasn't. But this series might not be, since the original at times wasn't. Either way, I didn't think it was great by any stretch of the imagination but it was an interesting idea that I think needed to get fleshed out a bit more.
    The Marvel Knights series? Best I can tell, it was, although its continuity was definitely loose as well. That being said, I don't think most of the characters it used had ongoings at the time. Daredevil, once again, is the biggest issue, but it fits in before his identity gets outed.

Although, come to think of it, it's possible Frank Castle was the Angel of Death, in which case I retract everything I just said.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The Marvel Knights series? Best I can tell, it was, although its continuity was definitely loose as well. That being said, I don't think most of the characters it used had ongoings at the time. Daredevil, once again, is the biggest issue, but it fits in before his identity gets outed.

Although, come to think of it, it's possible Frank Castle was the Angel of Death, in which case I retract everything I just said.
    Priest said at one time it should be in continuity, but Marvel pretty muched ignored what he was doing.

But some of it is because Hudlin has the MK banner on some of his work.
    Last edited by Cville; 01-30-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That poster is sick.

I wanna put it in my garage weight room.

you know there's two, right? the hi res download should print on 11 x 17 just fine