Page 9 of 744 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109509 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Yeah Too Much Aquaman in a thread about Black Panther...

I

BANNED

Aquaman was average yeah I said it...

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Because Aquaman is fucking awesome.
    Isn't there a DC forum you can discuss it in? Or even a place for TV and Films?

We just had two books with Black Panther in them released yesterday. We have a Black Panther issue in two weeks. Black Panther's Quest will be any day now. There's a whole other place to talk about Aquman.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Isn't there a DC forum you can discuss it in? Or even a place for TV and Films?

We just had two books with Black Panther in them released yesterday. We have a Black Panther issue in two weeks. Black Panther's Quest will be any day now. There's a whole other place to talk about Aquman.
    I'm being sarcastic. Relax

Jesus (or Bast)
    Last edited by Rumble; 01-04-2019 at 06:02 AM.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Montez View Post
    Yeah Too Much Aquaman in a thread about Black Panther...

I
    For what it's worth, I really want an Aquaman/Black Panther cross over now. And that's something I never thought I'd ever say.

But it is interesting to note how easily people are sort of putting both characters in the same frame of reference. I almost wonder if the sucess of Black Panther in some way helped pave the way for Aquamans sucess.

Yeah what's up with all that Aquaman talk let's get back to Black Panther please...

Hey look a link...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainmen...-black-panther
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Yeah what's up with all that Aquaman talk let's get back to Black Panther please...

Hey look a link...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainmen...-black-panther

Hahahahahah
    Black Panther vs Thor

I was way out of line so I hereby exercise my Double Secret Moderator Powers and ban myself for 10 minutes!

While I wait in self imposed purgatory enjoy this video...

Get Hectic!

I turned 33 years old today, Bast Blessed

Still have the facial hair of a 13 year old tho

But I ain't tripping, T'Chadwick's beard goatee game will continue to inspire me to strive for greatness!
    Happy belated birthday, Brother Rumble

Tencent is a Chinese multinational investment holding conglomerate

Rumble: aka fancy way of saying they own shares and stocks of other companies and have a shitload of internet-related services and products, entertainment, AI tech... blahblah blah... And they also do marketing.

Why is this important? Well because they rolled out a heavy digital marketing campaign for Venom in China (i.e. all that Venom is good boyfriend/weird anime ****). The end result? Venom did 270 million in China. Note that Tencent had a 25% stake in the Venom movie.

Here are the other movies that Tencent has stake in, distributed, and/or did marketing campaigns for in China, and the resulting Chinese box office:

It was reported in November that Tencent will be partnering up with DCEU to locally distribute Aquaman.

Aquaman - 261 million in China (to date)

Let's see what Bumblebee does in China this weekend (opens tomorrow)...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Why does this thread have so much Aquaman discussion?
    Few reasons:

1. Certain posters who shall rename nameless and conspicuously disappeared with the movie came out used Aquaman trailers as a way to take shots at the BP movie over and over with every new released clip. So, Aquaman got dragged into the thread early on in its marketing campaign.

2. This thread gets used as a forum inside a forum a lot of times. A couple other threads do the same but this one is one of the most active. A lot of the posters in here became... jaded? about the rest of the CBR community. They would venture out into other threads where it was much more hostile to Black Panther fans and minorities (it isn't as bad as it used to be). So, they stay in this thread as a safe space of sorts. Aquaman is a relevant current event so it gets brought up here and there. So while the BP thread is an appreciation thread for BP, it also acts as a "friends talking to friends" thread as well at times.

3. I personally brought up Aquaman and Venom because it is relevant box office wise due to the massive amount of money it made in China. Aquaman is going to triple what BP made in China. Venom might as well. So, my question of "how can BP tap into some of that for BP2" used them as examples of inferior movies that destroyed BP at the china box office.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
    Happy belated birthday, Brother Rumble
    My Wakandan kinfolk! What's crackin? And thanks!
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ultimately I think BP left some money on the table overseas because it passed on the big action set pieces, colossal fight scenes, and having gruesome-looking monsters or big robots.

It also lacked the sponsorship/partnership of China's biggest marketing platform.

Granted, Disney/Marvel Studios doesn't have a deal with that Chinese marketing giant, so none of their films get those perks but for a movie like Infinity War, the big action set pieces, colossal fight scenes, and gruesome-looking monsters sells itself.

For BP2, it comes down to will they ramp up the action and set pieces (for bigger international pie) without jeopardizing the story and meaningfulness (bigger/sustained domestic pie). BP's int'l numbers are higher than any MCU flick except Civil War, Iron Man 3, and the 3 Avenger movies, so that still says a lot about T'Challa's appeal even without all the cgi fireworks.
    Black Panther vs Thor

Ultimately I think BP left some money on the table overseas because it passed on the big action set pieces, colossal fight scenes, and having gruesome-looking monsters or big robots.

It also lacked the sponsorship/partnership of China's biggest marketing platform.

Granted, Disney/Marvel Studios doesn't have a deal with that Chinese marketing giant, so none of their films get those perks but for a movie like Infinity War, the big action set pieces, colossal fight scenes, and gruesome-looking monsters sells itself.

For BP2, it comes down to will they ramp up the action and set pieces (for bigger international pie) without jeopardizing the story and meaningfulness (bigger/sustained domestic pie). BP's int'l numbers are higher than any MCU flick except Civil War, Iron Man 3, and the 3 Avenger movies, so that still says a lot about T'Challa's appeal even without all the cgi fireworks.
    Does Armless Tiger-man count as a gruesome looking monster?

asking for a friend
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 01-04-2019 at 09:31 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

asking for a friend
    You can call him a monster because he's a villain that goes around trying to hurt people.

But labeling him a gruesome monster because he's a victim of having limbs amputated probably isn't entirely PC, given that's a real life thing people suffer from.

asking for a friend
    He looks more Armless Ugly Vampire than Armless Tiger

If I was a tiger, i'd probably be offended by the comparison.

ugly - gruesome - offensive, is a fine line to walk enroute to box office glory
    Black Panther vs Thor