Page 92 of 744 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192592 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 11160
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Yo... last week's episode of BP Quest was crack rocks! Got a lil spooky towards the middle like a horror movie tho hahaha

I think this is my 2nd favorite episode, only behind the one where BP kicked Thor's butt

Edit - I don't see the big deal about the Atlanteans, an easter egg semi-origin story behind the greater plot points of Wakanda and Bashenga the GOAT
    This is exactly why I wanted the whole ancestrial memory/experiences thing. There's so much you can explore thematically, visually and conceptually. Possessed Bask(?) gave me a bit of an angry HIM vibe (which was great).

Btw Redjack, was that a wolf that came out of the crown?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'm thinking less of a fist and more like this (which is what the art is showing anyway):

The primary striking surface is the ridge formed by folding the fingers at the first phalangeal joint.

And yea, Ultimate Black Panther is never to be spoken of again lol
    I agree with you about the hand placement that is for sure how it seems to be in the image. But Ultimate Bp was the only other reference to that resembles what is going on. Hopefully, the claws translate well on the big screen.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I agree with you about the hand placement that is for sure how it seems to be in the image. But Ultimate Bp was the only other reference to that resembles what is going on. Hopefully, the claws translate well on the big screen.
    The fist ones made it to the film actually

Something I stumbled upon browsing Pinterest:

We know T'Challa's suit in the movie had fist claws but the second option (if retractable) would be a cool addition to the gauntlets, especially since that second image is a leopard kung fu style fist.
    That's a cool idea, i like the second option and the transitioning, like the claws are extending depending on how he flexes., But I want energy weapons to make an appearance in BP 2

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ha ha thanks MoS!

Idk about Luke breh, I think he a lost cause. The worst thing to ever happen to him was marrying Jessica Jones; lost half his audience like a Thanos snap if they ever wanted to market him to his key demographic.. and for what? Paper title of having a marriage no one cares about? Pssht. To a character who bottom of the barrel? Pssht.

Marvel was too dumb to realize this, until the Netflix show of course. But having him married to and/or dating biracial/Latina women in that show was just half assing it. Coogler got it right. Commit or go home!

Other problem for the other half of the demographic, and the other colors of the rainbow, is that his powers are meh. Not Bishop level meh, but being bullet proof for a brute is like having a high school diploma in corporate America. And his bench press ain't that special on average.

Luke Cage vs Namor.. mismatch.
    Luke Cage vs Thor.. mismatch.
    Luke Cage vs Hulk.. mismatch.
    Luke Cage vs Spidey... that's what Rhyno is for...
    Luke Cage vs BP.. that's what Namor is for..

He gets these weird power fluctuations here and there (or when Bendis felt like it) but largely he at 295-315 bench press but these other brutes slanging 405lb, no spotter
    So what your saying is, he needs that Wakandan upgrade with that Hudlin swagger? I think it's about time he got some new powers or something to make him more interesting. I honestly miss him and Tchallas Interactions From Hudlin's run. Give us that plus some new bling power wise, maybe get him a new girl (don't care for JJ TBH) and let him be free

Why can't any of the black mutants have black hair tho?
    Technically, that IS black hair. Up until relatively recently, comics couldn't do solid black coloring without some sort of highlight (usually white or blue), which is why Moon Knight went from being the "Jet & Silver Avenger" to solid white.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Whoever posted those episodes online, they've at least done a good job of spreading the word of the Black Panther's Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Technically, that IS black hair. Up until relatively recently, comics couldn't do solid black coloring without some sort of highlight (usually white or blue), which is why Moon Knight went from being the "Jet & Silver Avenger" to solid white.
    Which is also how we got a red-and-blue Spider-Man, or a blue-and-red Spider-Man 2099, when they were meant to be red-and-black (classic Spider-Man) or black-and-red (Spider-Man 2099). And why sometimes the Black Panther might as well have been called the Midnight Blue Panther.

Two thing sir. First off, all that "No knock against Batman, he's an icon and a legend..."

Completely unnecessary.

We can just leave it at "T'Challa outdoes the Dark Knight in terms of technological and financial resources, physical stats, and intelligence."

Second, I like the idea you propose for Night Trasher. Hell, I remember that CoC reemergence you're speaking of, and he was even in action in one of those Civil War II anthology books. The name night trasher is kinda trash tho lol, but other than that, good money. I thought JMS's Nighthawk (not to be confused with D. Walker's Nighthawk) was probably the best/coolest sounding batman attempt they had to cultivate, but they messed that up.
    Thank you for the enlightenment, good sir, and I'm glad you like my idea for Night Thrasher. Maybe he does need to change his name, but it's gloriously 90s, and as he said and proved in Contest of Champions, a skateboard can be more useful than it's often credited with being. Now he just needs to upgrade it into a hoverboard, maybe upgrade his body armor as well, and then take some lessons from T'Challa so he can up his game.

And yes, JMS's Nighthawk (and maybe David Walker's take on the same character, thank you, Secret Wars aftermath) was probably the best Marvel analogue to Batman because it actually did something different with the basic character archetype and origin that tied it into some harsh and ugly truths of American history and society. That was definitely something that could've been explored more, but somebody higher-up got cold feet. Come to think of it, would JMS/Walker Nighthawk have had the same reaction to Black Panther and Wakanda as MCU Killmonger, condemning them for hiding away in secrecy and seclusion while the rest of the diaspora suffered?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Whoever posted those episodes online, they've at least done a good job of spreading the word of the Black Panther's Quest.

Which is also how we got a red-and-blue Spider-Man, or a blue-and-red Spider-Man 2099, when they were meant to be red-and-black (classic Spider-Man) or black-and-red (Spider-Man 2099). And why sometimes the Black Panther might as well have been called the Midnight Blue Panther.
    Hell, for a while in the Priest run, he wasn't even midnight blue... he was just blue.

Yo I missed the last few episodes because my son hadn't been able to catch them and so now we are up to date.

The bashenga episode was LIT. Redjack my man.. this isht is getting intense! One of my favorite episodes, and my son was full of questions... At the end though as he was fully engaged and focused on the episodes.

Thank you for the enlightenment, good sir, and I'm glad you like my idea for Night Thrasher. Maybe he does need to change his name, but it's gloriously 90s, and as he said and proved in Contest of Champions, a skateboard can be more useful than it's often credited with being. Now he just needs to upgrade it into a hoverboard, maybe upgrade his body armor as well, and then take some lessons from T'Challa so he can up his game.

And yes, JMS's Nighthawk (and maybe David Walker's take on the same character, thank you, Secret Wars aftermath) was probably the best Marvel analogue to Batman because it actually did something different with the basic character archetype and origin that tied it into some harsh and ugly truths of American history and society. That was definitely something that could've been explored more, but somebody higher-up got cold feet. Come to think of it, would JMS/Walker Nighthawk have had the same reaction to Black Panther and Wakanda as MCU Killmonger, condemning them for hiding away in secrecy and seclusion while the rest of the diaspora suffered?
    One of my biggest disappointments about Nighthawk was not seeing him interact with other characters in the MU. I think a conversation between him and Black Panther over Wakanda isolating itself or Blue Marvel benching himself would have been interesting.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, is the claim that he doesn't have black hair?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

This is exactly why I wanted the whole ancestrial memory/experiences thing. There's so much you can explore thematically, visually and conceptually. Possessed Bask(?) gave me a bit of an angry HIM vibe (which was great).

Btw Redjack, was that a wolf that came out of the crown?
    it's meant to be a giant energy panther

Yes. Bask. Not Bast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, is the claim that he doesn't have black hair?
    Hahahah

This is like one of those nice cultural moments

Because when i said "black" hair... i wasn't referring to the color

But once i understood what yall were alluding to, i was like oooooooohhhh i see what happened there! I see how it could've got lost in translation

Yes, the claim is he doesn't have black hair. But not that type of black

Tho another poster mentioned/alluded to him being mixed (his mom's side), which indeed can be a passable excuse as to why his hair ain't drawn as black (not the color). What's Storm's excuse? Or do we want to continue the lengthy streak of not mentioning her in this thread? (Great job guys btw)

I just want to get to the bottom of this for the sake of all black mutants
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Tho another poster mentioned/alluded to him being mixed (his mom's side), which indeed can be a passable excuse as to why his hair ain't drawn as black (not the color). What's Storm's excuse? Or do we want to continue the lengthy streak of not mentioning her in this thread? (Great job guys btw)

Ah... well, as mentioned elsewhere, Sunspot is Afro-Brazilian, so that covers him.

Bishop has had several looks over the years, but he's worn dreads more than once (although since he was retconned to Australian Aborigine at one point, they may not count).

She Who Must Not Be Named has ALWAYS looked weird, what with the white hair and cats eyes, but in the 80's, I always thought she had a bit of a Tina Turner vibe. And didn't she wear dreads at one point, too?

Then there's Maggott... and I've got nothing, except possibly his character designer dropped acid at some point.

Even tho their origins differed, I felt MCU Killmonger basically was JMS's Nighthawk, almost to a T. He in theory means well, and is very sympathetic, but he's just too much of a militant deuchbag willing to go to any extreme necessary, for (most) people to be fully behind. But Bast, to see him and Priest's T'Challa interact? That back and forth would be

For me, JMS's Nighthawk is to Walker's NH, what Priest's BP is to Hudlin's BP. It may just come down to preference as none of them were bad depictions but the latter (Walker/Hudlin) felt a little more simplified.

I agree with the hover board with Night Trasher, and/or just some overrall updates from the 90s stuff. I just can't get over the name tho lol. Prowler sounds cool, Nighthawk sounds cool, Night... Trasher? Idk lol
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Hahahah

This is like one of those nice cultural moments

Because when i said "black" hair... i wasn't referring to the color

But once i understood what yall were alluding to, i was like oooooooohhhh i see what happened there! I see how it could've got lost in translation

Yes, the claim is he doesn't have black hair. But not that type of black

Storm's excuse is that she's descended from a line of female mystics whose common physical traits were white hair and blue eyes coupled with dark skin. At least, that's the excuse I've heard before.
    The spider is always on the hunt.