Page 249 of 626 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 9381
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Let's be optimistic.
    Why should it? The film bombing has nothing to do with the characters and everything to do with how the FOX handled it...pretty poorly.
    Yup.

-Changing the dates after a trailer dropped confused the hell out of casual viewers.
    -Reports have been saying since March that the marketing team was in utter disarray.
    -Putting it in a crowded movie summer.

It was a perfect storm of mismanagement.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Agreed! Jean in X-Men Red should be the template for Jean Grey moving forward. She wasn't involved in a love triangle. She wasn't part of some cosmic plot with the Phoenix Force. She was just doing what she does best. THAT is the Jean that I hope one day finds her way into the MCU.
    While X-men Red was good, and Jean was great there I still feel it was not her best version. It is among the best. Taylor is now up ther with Morrison and Claremont.I think Jean was too passive and pacifist and her personality was more of the den mother type. The best Jean still has her compassion but she should still have her passionate and fiery side. To me the standard will always be the Grant Morrison version.

Of course, unlike some fans here I don't buy into the narrative that the Phoenix takes anything away from Jean.I think it only adds to her and taking her back to the X-factor/Gold team version of Jean has been done before and it is nothing new.

I do like Jean as a leader and a mutant rights leader.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    It's annoying how everyone seems to think the Phoenix is overused and overexposed, when Jean has never really had an extended run with it, aside from the initial Claremont story arc that only lasted about four years and even then had her frequently absent to give other characters more shine. And this has somehow not stopped writers from trying to pass the Phoenix off to their pet characters, and everyone being all shocked and dismayed when it doesn't work. If Jean was running around with adamantium claws and shooting spider webs, that would obviously be absurd, so I don't see why Marvel thinks it can try to make someone else into the Phoenix and not have it completely suck.
    I try not to get too upset about it because I could rant on end about what they have done to the Phoenix. I felt during Morrison's run they finally put Jean and Phoenix back together the way Claremont intended them to be. It was time to move forward and forget the Phoenix as a cosmic std. Boy, was I wrong. Things were good up until Endsong.

Now the Phoenix is a cosmic trickster and a destructive force. Claremont and Morrison had the Phoenix be a agent of good (saving the universe, healing the universe, etc). It was also an agent of change/evolution. There were dark elements but in both stories it was when Jean was manipulated by outside forces (Hellfire Club, Sublime,). Now the narrative is that it is a villain and too dangerous to wield. We forget that Jean used the Phoenix before becoming Dark Phoenix. We forget that Jean used the Phoenix well in Morrison's run. We forget Rachel using the Phoenix for good (though she had dark urges too: see her trying to destroy the universe to defeat the Beyonder, forcing Storm and others to help her, and trying to murder Selene).

Rosenberg's take was so damaging because we can infer when Jean has done good things as Phoenix she just willingly giving herself over to her emotional and manipulative abuser lol His take is so bad. What really annoys me is that he acts like he did something new with her, but it was just a rest. The only good from it was that Jean wasnt' retconned. I was fully prepared for them to say that Jean in Morrison's run was a Phoenix clone. At least we did not get that.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It really does. I'm also red/green colorblind, so the hair even looks brown to me.
    Im not color blind and that definitely looks brown

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I read Major X and while the book can be a bit ridiculous for my taste I liked that Cable and Jean were there and Cable was super protective for Jean.
    I think it is super cute, i love both characters and their convoluted relationship.

Has anybody read Marvel Comics presents? it is worth for Jean fans?
    Edit: cute picture!
    cute1.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-26-2019 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Rachel as Phoenix was fine. It worked.

Warsong/Endsong worked for the story they were trying to tell, and the Phoenix swaps were temporary, and more important, shown to be much less compatible than Jean or Rachel.

AvX was obviously dumb for a variety of reasons.

Then we got the Avengers BC and Wolverine stories that make zero sense.

So it wasn't a "bad" track record until Jason Aaron started doing stuff.
    Phoenix was already overused before aaron doing his crappy take on the force.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I read Major X and while the book can be a bit ridiculous for my taste I liked that Cable and Jean were there and Cable was super protective for Jean.
    I think it is super cute, i love both characters and their convoluted relationship.

No, it isn't. Jean do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    No, it isn't. Jean do nothing.
    Ok, thanks

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Do any of you consider the original Dark Phoenix to be a feminist story? Because for some reason a lot of people seem to think it is...

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Do any of you consider the original Dark Phoenix to be a feminist story? Because for some reason a lot of people seem to think it is...
    It depends, some people think it is about a girl going crazy then dying.
    I personally see it as a woman growing out of childhood, being strong and at the end being responsible for her own live and actions, taking a really difficult decision. So it is a feminist story to me but i get if some people think it isn't
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-26-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Loved this panel

I think it worked more for the 80s than now. My problem is that people take it wrong, it isn't about a woman not dealing well with great power.
    Jean was doing well on her own, then hellfire club messed up her head and all the balance she had, then she went dark phoenix.It's about society sabotaging women

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Edit: cute picture!
    cute1.jpg
    That moment is just precious.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I'm glad for Jean and Nathan moments, but him calling her "Precious Jean" just sounds weird somehow.

I don't really consider it a feminist story. But I don't consider it sexist either. It's better than most ~powerful women go crazy~ storylines, including House of M and the ending of GOT.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 06-26-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I just remembered that, Jane Levy, who's a popular Jean fancast, was recently on this Netflix show where she's married to Blake Jenner, and I think they totally look like Jean and Scott, and there's even some evil blonde woman who gets in the way of their relationship lol.
    What If with Renée Zellweger, who totally reminded me of Emma Frost.

But yes, I kept looking at Jane and pictures Jean as well.
    Richard Alexander