Page 494 of 626 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544594 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Why do some artist exaggerate the gloves...Jean is not an electrician Attachment 88208
    Attachment 88209
    you never know when a pair of insulated gloves may come handy
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I know Im late but I just saw Dark Phoenix last night and man that movie was horrible. I liked that the focus stayed on Jean but thats it. This had to be the worst rendition of the Phoenix in any medium. I thought The Last Stand handled it better and lord knows that was crap. I dont get how they teased and set up Phoenix in Apocalypse and dont even reference that in DP, instead opting to go in a different direction. Its like the same mistake that was made over 10 years ago
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-12-2019 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I know Im late but I just saw Dark Phoenix last night and man that movie was horrible. I liked that the focus stayed on Jean but thats it. This had to be the worst rendition of the Phoenix in any medium. I thought The Last Stand handled it better and lord knows that was crap.
    If there ever was a case to wish for disney to acquire the rights to the xmen franchise the dark phoenix movie would be the number 1 exhibt
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I know Im late but I just saw Dark Phoenix last night and man that movie was horrible. I liked that the focus stayed on Jean but thats it. This had to be the worst rendition of the Phoenix in any medium. I thought The Last Stand handled it better and lord knows that was crap. I dont get how they teased and set up Phoenix in Apocalypse and dont even reference that in DP, instead opting to go in a different direction. Its like the same mistake that was made over 10 years ago
    When flying back from Hawaii, I had the movie options of Dark Phoenix, The Emoji Movie, and Left Behind.

I stared at the ceiling for that six hour flight instead.

Same guy that wrote the last stand wrote dark phoenix.

they do 10 years time jumps in these movies, that only screw continuity

I knew that it would screw over the story again, too bad Marvel buying Fox was too late

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Why do some artist exaggerate the gloves...Jean is not an electrician Attachment 88208
    Attachment 88209
    To be fair, her most recent major death was caused by an electric shock to the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    To be fair, her most recent major death was caused by an electric shock to the wrist.
    see.... now we also have an in-story reason for the rubber gloves....how wonderful!

I know they want to ignore Jean's time as white phoenix but was it ever explain why Jean didn't appear during Necrosha or Chaos Wars?

Since we are close to Halloween
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I know they want to ignore Jean's time as white phoenix but was it ever explain why Jean didn't appear during Necrosha or Chaos Wars?

Since we are close to Halloween
    Super cool
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

They did reference that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelatFox...orce_question/

Don’t see how The Last Stand was a better rendition. They didn’t explain why Jean was killing people in that.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Same guy that wrote the last stand wrote dark phoenix.

No, he wrote a draft for it that got heavily rewritten by Zak Penn due to studio mandate. Even Chris Claremont said that’s what happened.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-13-2019 at 09:28 AM.

Honestly I hate knowing that they had other plans for the film that we will never see. It just drives my curiosity crazy.

Like the fact that it was going to be two movies, that the final act was supposed to be way different, etc. I’m not saying this would have saved the quality but I still want to see what the other product would have been.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

At the time of Necrosha and Chaos War Marvel was pushing Hope as the next One True Phoenix while acting like Jean was dead, with editorial even going so far as to say that her appearance in Sisterhood was a hallucination.

(Because if Emma was hallucinating the first thing she'd see is Jean, right?)

Also say what you will about Dark Phoenix but I think it's done at least one thing for the better that most other adaptions don't do: changed it so that Jean survived.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

If you all recall the team on Chaos War X-men implied they weren't allowed to use Jean at that time. We will really never know the true reason Jean wasn't used when other main characters were temporarily brought back to life. It may be because they didn't know how to explain Jean's status (in Endsong she was searching/collecting the missing pieces of the Phoenix but they came to ignore that), and in Avengers vs X-men the Phoenix was coming back together to go for Hope.

As you all know I love Morrison's version of the Phoenix and of course Claremont's, but in Pak's Endsong Jean and the Phoenix were merged, were one, and Jean didn't seem to think of the Phoenix as this evil destructive force. I hate the Phoenix being made into a villain and a trickster entity that others make it to be (see Excalibur, Phoenix Resurrection, etc).

I did like Hopeless having Jean say the Phoenix was both good and bad. That pretty much sums it up at this point.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Honestly I hate knowing that they had other plans for the film that we will never see. It just drives my curiosity crazy.

Like the fact that it was going to be two movies, that the final act was supposed to be way different, etc. I’m not saying this would have saved the quality but I still want to see what the other product would have been.
    The original third act wasn’t very good from what I’ve heard.

It kind of saddens me that there are so many fans who didn't watch Dark Phoenix when it came out. Even among die hard Jean Grey fans many of us didn't go and support the film. I understand the many reasons why we didn't. I still watched it multiple times opening weekend. I just couldn't help myself. I hate that a movie centered on Jean Grey did so poorly but the people behind the movie made so many bad choices.. if you watch the commentary on the DVD then you know what I'm talking about. These folks were clueless.

We have had two dark phoenix movies and yet no phoenix effect and no developing Jean Grey so that we would care about her and her story.. her struggle/pain.. and her relationships to the X-men.