Page 446 of 626 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446447448449450456496546 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,690 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    there's alot of evidence that supports that this is in the MU and not much that contradicts it
    He could just say so in a letterbox tho, that's the point. We are being given all the information on timelines and what not, but the one we are seeing hasn't been placed anywhere so far. Plus Moira is pretty much MIA so far.

If this was the main one, I doubt Hickman would have any reservations about saying so from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Nothing that actually happened. From the first conflict with Nova, Jean was an absolute power house.
    Exactly...moving tons of debris, detecting Emma while she's in her psi proof diamond form, moving molecules around fast enough to them to spontaneously combust while fending off Nova's psychic attack...and personality wise, she shut Charles down when he said "fetch my chair!" as if she were still a student

I don't care much about how Hickman writes her anyway at this point. There's only three more issues, and Jean is gonna have a relevant role in one of them at most. And with the cover being misleading, I'm not sure if she's even confirmed to appear on X-Men. Probably at some point, but that is gonna be a one-shot kind of thing anyway. I'm more interested in how is Ben Percy gonna write her in X-Force.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    A

After reading HOX #5, I am just more pissed, ugh.
    ...feels on his Jean!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Hickman altered the very history of the XMen. Now Sinister has been revealed to be working with Xavier and Magneto from the beginning, as has mutant Moira. Apocalypse has been given a past with Krakoa. In order to change the conceit and very world of XMen, Hickman is focusing on the older characters in House of X as foundational characters. Certain people, included Jean died and seee brought back so Hickman could explain how dead Mutants returned from the grave. The numbers of Mutants have been depleted and are now being restored only because Disney now as full film rights.

Rosenberg wastes his time with Phoenix Resurrection. Jean could have brought back this way.

For that matter so could Scott and Logan.

Jean is back as green mini dress Marvel Girl so Jeen can be completely ignored.

That doesn’t mean that he ends to keep her that way. Morrison wrote Jean as weak before making her Phoenix again. I think that’s why she’s Marvel Girl and in the green dress again.

This could be deliberate in another way too. The Jean who died last issue could have also been a clone. Perhaps we have not seen the real Jean Grey yet.

..um no Jean was very much firm, competent, and capable at several points even if she had nerves beforehand. Her confrontation with the U-men, her speech at the X-mansion, saving Emma on Genosha, or my favorite kicking a overconfident Astra's ass without powers. She was many things weak weren't any of them, it's not about "power" like some suggest there's no fire.

Someone else mentioned Jean often being cast in the "girl" role, and I think that might also be how Hickman sees her. I also think she's been dragged her overall presence is lacking!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't care much about how Hickman writes her anyway at this point. There's only three more issues, and Jean is gonna have a relevant role in one of them at most. And with the cover being misleading, I'm not sure if she's even confirmed to appear on X-Men. Probably at some point, but that is gonna be a one-shot kind of thing anyway. I'm more interested in how is Ben Percy gonna write her in X-Force.
    It's just I truly unfortunate, I expected something serviceable from Hickman's Jean, there are writers and there are writers who do the research he is the latter. Almost anyone else he uses have multiple of their personality traits, by far his Jean is the most lacking compared to any main X-men. In character and personality, I hope that whatever role she does play in X-Force is substantive!

Wow people here are sour. I've been loving Jean in HoX and we got nice character moments this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Wow people here are sour. I've been loving Jean in HoX and we got nice character moments this issue.
    People have been kinda sour since she was revealed to be in the Marvel Girl costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Where? All she did was recite a "prove it's you" line(which seems to be related to what we saw in last week's POX), and stand around naked

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Absolutely not...what is that based on?
    Cassandra easily owned Jean in their first fight. Jean did not start her Phoenix transformation until she had to defend the children from the U Men. Before she decided to fight them she even tried calling the police on the UMen.

The problem with HOX #4 wasn't Jean being defeated, is that she didn't even try and acted like a scared child.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    People have been kinda sour since she was revealed to be in the Marvel Girl costume.
    That and she has had a background role.

But this isn’t necessarily her status quo. Hickman is creating a whole new society for Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    That and she has had a background role.

But this isn’t necessarily her status quo. Hickman is creating a whole new society for Mutants.
    HoX and PoX kinda puts most people in a background role.

BANNED

The problem with HOX #4 wasn't Jean being defeated, is that she didn't even try and acted like a scared child.

This is House of X, not House of Grey. A lot of other XMen died who should have survived, but they was so Hickman could show his resurrections work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    HoX and PoX kinda puts most people in a background role.

True. It’s still possible that even the Jean who died in HoX 4 was another clone too.

There’s a lot of stuff not yet explained about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Where? All she did was recite a "prove it's you" line(which seems to be related to what we saw in last week's POX), and stand around naked
    Like all the other X-men in a book not exactly about the X-men. It's House of X, not House of X-men.

It's like everyone around her was dead or dying and Jean is extremely empathetic.