Page 199 of 626 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 9381
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Agreed. The Marvel Girl dress just doesn't work in this day and age.
    It’s deliberate retro until they put her into something else, and get good creators on the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Re: Jean’s higher education in Psychology: found this in old forum posts, she references off-panel classes in X-Factor Vol 1, #5 shortly after her first revival.
    Attachment 82559
    Thanks. Warren is the one that says BA in psychology; Jean never confirms what degree she was actually going for so for all we know it could be a BS or Masters. I also noticed that Jean unintentionally is wearing elements of the White Phoenix costume in that civilian gear

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    He did mention different costumes for characters however, so there's a chance that Jean could wear something more modern for those who dislike the Marvel Girl costume.
    I’m starting to feel like they didn’t have enough time to get everyone new looks so they put Jean in the mini skirt as a place holder. Hopefully that means Jean gets a good costume.
    First X-Lady

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I’m starting to feel like they didn’t have enough time to get everyone new looks so they put Jean in the mini skirt as a place holder. Hopefully that means Jean gets a good costume.
    The House of X and Power of X minis are but the first step for Hickman, he always plays on long term so i suppose she will get a new one as soon as those minis end.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-20-2019 at 09:55 AM.

They could just go with the phoenix costume...

Can we get Tom Taylor back? I don't believe Red ended just to get a Emma's stan to write the x-men books

Im not sure I buy that as this book has been in planning for quite some time and it doesnt take that long to come up with a new design. If need be, they could have kept the Red costume or modified it like they did with Cyclops and Wolverine's new looks.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Can we get Tom Taylor back? I don't believe Red ended just to get a Emma's stan to write the x-men books
    Nah, they couldnt given what the PF represents and since she isnt Phoenix, that wouldnt make sense. Especially if she is set to become Phoenix at some point in Hickman's run, that would be undercut by her wearing the costume before that big moment. I now wonder if the Marvel Girl is intentional bc its meant to mirror Jean's original transformation

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im not sure I buy that as this book has been in planning for quite some time and it doesnt take that long to come up with a new design. If need be, they could have kept the Red costume or modified it like they did with Cyclops and Wolverine's new looks.

Nah, they couldnt given what the PF represents and since she isnt Phoenix, that wouldnt make sense. Especially if she is set to become Phoenix at some point in Hickman's run, that would be undercut by her wearing the costume before that big moment. I now wonder if the Marvel Girl is intentional bc its meant to mirror Jean's original transformation
    Hickman doing anew Phoenix story? well now I'm worried

Or maybe he just doesn't care much, I don't think h eput alot of thought into it

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Had Jean been more aggressive she could have defeated Nate and AoX would not even have happened. Teen Jean would have beaten Nate’s butt. This Jean is shown as too passive.

But Jean is the logical choice for ending this. She should be code named Phoenix regardless of whether she chooses to channel the force. Jeen brought herself back from the dead twice and we saw adult Jeen’s power evolve to Phoenix level in the future. She took out four Silver Surfer’s and took on Galacticus, and she was called Phoenix.
    To be fair, Jean thought she could get through to him.....it almost worked (but sadly they had to push the AU Story......and they decided to basically put all the Active X Roster into this, Jean included, since Cyclops and Wolverine where tapped to pick up the pieces, not knowing the teams alive, just in a AU)......perhaps if a outsider where there, like say Black Panther, Iron Man, Conan, Scarlet Witch or even Nova, Franklin Richards, Star Lord, Gladiator, Ghost Rider (Either Reyes, Blaze Or Ketch) then we wouldn’t have AoX right now..........

Perhaps Jean will continue to use the Phoenix Codename, regardless of her Uniform......

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    To be fair, Jean thought she could get through to him.....it almost worked (but sadly they had to push the AU Story......and they decided to basically put all the Active X Roster into this, Jean included, since Cyclops and Wolverine where tapped to pick up the pieces, not knowing the teams alive, just in a AU)......perhaps if a outsider where there, like say Black Panther, Iron Man, Conan, Scarlet Witch or even Nova, Franklin Richards, Star Lord, Gladiator, Ghost Rider (Either Reyes, Blaze Or Ketch) then we wouldn’t have AoX right now..........

Perhaps Jean will continue to use the Phoenix Codename, regardless of her Uniform......
    I doubt she would use the codename. It carries too much negative connotations for her and especially for those around her.

fan poster

You will literally despise any writer that doesn't write Scott and Emma as stupid and evil, won't you?

You will literally despise any writer that doesn't write Scott and Emma as stupid and evil, won't you?
    No, just the ones that shill them

No, just the ones that shill them
    AKA, anyone who has a remotely positive view of them?

AKA, anyone who has a remotely positive view of them?
    everyone that shills for her, even when not asked

everyone that shills for her, even when not asked
    Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that if he had mentioned Jean and not Emma, you would be praising his vision and creativity to the heavens?

God forbid a writer actually like a character you don't.