Page 615 of 626 FirstFirst ... 115515565605611612613614615616617618619625 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,225 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    It is updated up until the end of Age of X-man. I like their bio. They include most of Jean’s history with the Phoenix and some of us remember when they ignored all of it for many years. They even include Here Comes Tomorrow which is great.
    Except they reference House of X in this update. X-Force really should have been listed in the first page especially since it isnt some recent plot twist but something thats been known for months

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Except they reference House of X in this update. X-Force really should have been listed in the first page especially since it isnt some recent plot twist but something thats been known for months
    I must have missed the House of X reference. I know the biography section stops at the end of Age of X-man and the Uncanny run.

I agree they should have went up to X-force 1 but all in all it’s one of the better bios of Jean on the net. A lot of bios exclude parts of her history that imo are significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Seriously, it's the most disappointing thing about the DPS any of the nuance if there's any, has been lost to time. So most of the story has been narrowed down to Jean randomly going crazy and trying to destroy the universe...the end!

Ugh, the less spoken about AvX the better, of all the ideas to bring the story of Hope to its conclusion, the battle between the X-men/Avengers, hell even Jean's association. Even now I still can't believe that the story published is what they went with a complete and utter misunderstanding of the PF, the X-men, and Avengers absolute garbage. That's not even mentioning the complete mess that is whatever Hope's connection to the PF was.

Also I know we often forget but for an extended period, Marvel shitted all over Jean Grey, countless false returns, being completely disparaged in both X-men and Avengers books, to having much of her history utterly forgotten.
    I would be down for a new phoenix story just to undo the bad taste of the last ones. it's time to get readers to understand that Jean didn't lose it and went crazy because she let her emotions take the best of her.

I feel like Jean story got fragmented a lot after her dead

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Wasn’t this during the Phalanx story or no? I loved the issues with Scott, Jean, Wolverine and Cable.
    Yes it was

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I agree. But this is fine by me, as long as Disney/Marvel do the Phoenix Saga (Jean becoming Phoenix, Jean saving the universe, Jean creating mental blocks to limit her own powers and keep control)... Then she doesn't need do go Dark. Been there, done that twice already.
    Technically, once. In the latest movie she only became the equivalent of the Black Queen. She never really became power hunger Dark Phoenix due to Fox axing the sequel in late pre-production.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Plus the bad guy seduces the perfect sweet girl into being a bad woman could not be done today, that's partially why the Fox films didn't go there either.
    That’s not the reason. Both times the filmmakers tried to have the Hellfire Club seduce Jean but the studio got in the way both times. It’s similar to how the Gambit movie was cursed to never be made.

Though Dark Phoenix did manage to have pseudo-Emma manipulate Jean into torturing Xavier, which resembles of the Black Queen smacking the X-Men around.

What made the film suck is the same thing that made X-Men: Apocalypse suck. Neither Magneto nor Mystique belonged, and they took up space that should have gone to other characters.
    It seemed like Magneto did belong to what they were originally planning back when the Hellfire Club was in the script.

But Magneto and Mystique were reduced to plot devices with barely any screen time anyway.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 12-20-2019 at 11:26 PM.

BANNED

Ben Percy is a blessing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Technically, once. In the latest movie she only became the equivalent of the Black Queen. She never really became power hunger Dark Phoenix due to Fox axing the sequel in late pre-production.

That’s not the reason. Both times the filmmakers tried to have the Hellfire Club seduce Jean but the studio got in the way both times. It’s similar to how the Gambit movie was cursed to never be made.

Though Dark Phoenix did manage to have pseudo-Emma manipulate Jean into torturing Xavier, which resembles of the Black Queen smacking the X-Men around.

It seemed like Magneto did belong to what they were originally planning back when the Hellfire Club was in the script.

But Magneto and Mystique were reduced to plot devices with barely any screen time anyway.
    Because the comics had an ugly, weak man basically rape a powerful woman, and the story ended up with the powerful woman dead and the villains who help the sex offender in the rape were alive and well.

You can see why the studios didn't want to go there both times in the 21st century, and this was before the MeToo movement.

There was never any reason to include Magneto and Mystique, at all, even when the Hellfire Club was in the script.

But now that Dark Phoenix has bombed TWICE, it's wonderful that it mens Disney will not even go there. We don't need to see Jean die again. I do give them credit for letting Jean live in the 2019 Dark Phoenix, where she regained control of herself.

I would love to see Phoenix/Jean as a cosmic hero in MCU. But no more Dark Phoenix!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Seriously, it's the most disappointing thing about the DPS any of the nuance if there's any, has been lost to time. So most of the story has been narrowed down to Jean randomly going crazy and trying to destroy the universe...the end!

Ugh, the less spoken about AvX the better, of all the ideas to bring the story of Hope to its conclusion, the battle between the X-men/Avengers, hell even Jean's association. Even now I still can't believe that the story published is what they went with a complete and utter misunderstanding of the PF, the X-men, and Avengers absolute garbage. That's not even mentioning the complete mess that is whatever Hope's connection to the PF was.

Also I know we often forget but for an extended period, Marvel shitted all over Jean Grey, countless false returns, being completely disparaged in both X-men and Avengers books, to having much of her history utterly forgotten.
    AvX so throughly destroyed Hope as a character she wasn't used again in a significant way until House of X used her for the Resurrections. Meaning that even without the connection to the Phoenix she is still a mutant messiah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Ben Percy is a blessing.
    I agree. I really like how he's handling Jean thus far.

That said, Tom Taylor set a high bar. He set the standard by which all future Jean Grey depictions should be measured, in my book.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Its been a few days so I'll post this page from X-Force. The way Jean's TP was used here was quite creative and it was drawn beautifully

Its like her version of Batman's Detective Mode

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Because the comics had an ugly, weak man basically rape a powerful woman, and the story ended up with the powerful woman dead and the villains who help the sex offender in the rape were alive and well.

You can see why the studios didn't want to go there both times in the 21st century, and this was before the MeToo movement.
    Mastermind in the film universe was William Styker’s son who died at the end of X2. That’s why he wasn’t used in X3.

There was never any reason to include Magneto and Mystique, at all, even when the Hellfire Club was in the script.
    Magneto killed Sebastian Shaw in First Class. Leader of the Hellfire Club, Emma’s lover, and Shinobi Shaw‘s father. Do you think it makes sense for the Hellfire Club to just ignore Magneto?

I do give them credit for letting Jean live in the 2019 Dark Phoenix, where she regained control of herself.
    Jean wasn’t possessed in the movie if that’s what you were thinking.

EDIT: The movie ended with the Phoenix personality taking full control. Says so in the behind the scenes content. The movie was suppose to be the build-up to her becoming the “Dark Phoenix”, which is what I meant earlier when I said they didn’t really used the Dark Phoenix. That was meant for the second part.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 12-22-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its been a few days so I'll post this page from X-Force. The way Jean's TP was used here was quite creative and it was drawn beautifully

Its like her version of Batman's Detective Mode

Really cool having Jean as a CSI

Jean on the DOX trade cover!

She looks awesome there! They chose one person to represent their book (guess 2 for X-force), so Im glad she was chosen for hers

I love the Dawn of X cover. I'm sort of getting used to the old Marvel Girl costume and look.

I was reading over Uncanny X-men.net's Jean Grey spotlight. I commented earlier in the week but I was on my phone (I suck at texting and loathe posting on the phone.. I'm old so give me a keyboard ok lol). It really is a good bio and one of the best on the internet, though it is not perfect. I could have missed it but I don't think it lists her as an omega mutant, or omega telepath? One of the quotes it uses from Morrison's run is wrong (Araki says the phoenix is merciless and not terrible) and there were a few other little things. It doesn't mention Jean manifesting a phoenix with her powers in Revolution but does cover the phoenix eye tattoo look she has with her astral form.

I love the inclusion of HCT and even the minor Jean involvement in Avengers vs X-men so they do include things that most other bios leave out. I love all the important parts from Teen Jean was included.
    It has come a long way because some of us used to argue with the bio writers on that website and it went on for years. They were of the mind Jean had no connection to the Phoenix and at one time they didn't include much of the Phoenix in Jean's biography... of course after Grant Morrison's run they couldn't continue to ignore it.

On the topic of writers who set the standard for Jean Grey, as much as I love Tom Taylor's Jean I still feel Morrison is the standard. Of course Claremont is high on the list as well. I am so thankful that Ben Percy is a good writer and he writes Jean so well. I am very confident in him. He will probably be right up there with Taylor. Percy just gets Jean and that is a great thing to read. The Jean fandom can be critical but by and large, we as a group love X-force Jean and that says a lot. I don't have to have Jean as the main star in a team or solo book. In X-force she isn't the only starring role. As long as Jean has presence and is strong, confident, and powerful then we are good. She doesn't always need a ton of panel time (though that is always a nice thing to have and we will always have X-men Red, the Jean solo, GM New X-men, and the Claremont stuff).

I love that Jean is playing this CSI and intelligence role. It is a great role for her, as well as being on the ruling council. I almost wish we had a book (or mini) focusing solely on the quiet council. That would be great. I'm excited for the next few months.. especially the Giant Sized issue though Hickman worries me. We have yet to see Hickman write Jean as well as Percy has. It could go either way. I think Jean will not be in the X-force books during Feb. (but I could be wrong). Jean appears to be in the X-men issue dealing with the Shiar, brood, and starjammers. Should be interesting.