Page 114 of 626 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214614 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 9381

Yes, but in Apocalypse Jean herself states it is "not just the mind-reading or the telekinesis" but something else that she feels inside her growing.

Xavier screaming "Jean, let go!!!" Over and over was meant for Jean to use that unknown, growing power. It had the iconic Phoenix imagery. It was the Phoenix Force.

"All is revealed" as stated by Apocalypse, meant something. Perhaps he had knowledge of the PF.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Except they says it's randomly destroying planets on the way to Earth, similar to AvX.

This was stated in a trailer? Which one? I missed that. Because I agree with Wiccan in that when I heard “it destroyed everything it touched before you”, I didn’t take it as some evil or malevolent being.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The thing is that she had a whole Phoenix thing. It's not even the same as Jean just having telepathic Phoenix raptors in the comics when she's not Phoenix, cause she fucking burned Apocalypse. How do you explain that in relation to her having supposedly just met the Phoenix now on space?
    It was not the Phoenix: It was Jean's own power. And in the Dark Phoenix movie, she may be "possessed" by a cosmic entity but it doesn't mean that it's not her own power. Or, at least, that it's not her own power just amplified by a cosmic entity that is possessing her. Yes, it's "fiery", so what? They may just have chosen to display the extreme manifestation of Jean's power that way. Which wouldn't be that different from how it was displayed in some comics (the "Revolution" comics for example). After all, in the movies, Scarlet Witch's powers look more like TK than her comics books powers. Why Jean's raw, fully unleashed powers wouldn't look like fiery? Jean uses of "normal" level TK doesn't have any visual effect in the movies. They don't have to use pink.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, but in Apocalypse Jean herself states it is "not just the mind-reading or the telekinesis" but something else that she feels inside her growing.

Xavier screaming "Jean, let go!!!" Over and over was meant for Jean to use that unknown, growing power. It had the iconic Phoenix imagery. It was the Phoenix Force.

"All is revealed" as stated by Apocalypse, meant something. Perhaps he had knowledge of the PF.
    Ok you make a good point, about her saying it’s not just the mind reading or telekinesis.

Then I defer to my 2nd possibility in that she was somehow able to channel some Phoenix powers without being Phoenix yet. Like hope in avx OR, Perhaps the Phoenix has been keeping tabs/ a part of jean since her parents died and in apocalypse it reared its head. Isn’t there some comic precedence
    For this? I never read it but I thought I remember some folks saying the Phoenix bonded with jean during annie’s Death?

Point being I still find other explanations possible.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Ok you make a good point, about her saying it’s not just the mind reading or telekinesis.

Then I defer to my 2nd possibility in that she was somehow able to channel some Phoenix powers without being Phoenix yet. Like hope in avx OR, Perhaps the Phoenix has been keeping tabs/ a part of jean since her parents died and in apocalypse it reared its head. Isn’t there some comic precedence
    For this? I never read it but I thought I remember some folks saying the Phoenix bonded with jean during annie’s Death?

Point being I still find other explanations possible.
    To me it appears they are doing a somewhat sloppy version of the somewhat sloppy OG retcon, with Apocalypse using the original lore of the Phoenix just being Jean at full strength, and now this movie using the updated lore of the Phoenix as a cosmic force.

It's quite possible, that it's always been there, waiting until she had no choice to call it for it to take over her. It's also possible that they will actually say that it just didn't dominate her until whatever happens in 'Dark Phoenix', acknowledging that she's been using it at lower levels but never had to use it for more powerful things until this movie.

I guess we'll see if they pay attention to their own continuity or not. Especially since in the original timeline there was never a Force but Jean's own powers.
    Richard Alexander

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

would you like the jean grey comic to comeback with the present jean grey after age of x man? i would love that
    we can be heroes, just for one day

It may as well be interpreted as Jean reaching for her omega level power.

And even if Jean was taping into the PF at the end of Apocalypse, how many time did Jean met the Phoenix in the comics? Her power may well let her tap into the PF before she get possessed by the cosmic entity from which that power is coming from. (Also, as stated in her discussion with Death in Classic X-Men, the time is not linear of the Phoenix. It was not an accident that Jean would be available as an host for the Phoenix when it would need her to stop the destruction of the multiverse. That mean that in the movies, she may well have used the PF power before she actually met the Phoenix)

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I thinking it will be similar to Hope Summers. She has a psychic link to the Phoenix Force and that’s why she can make Phoenix raptors.

Jessica in the trailer did say there is something special about Jean.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-01-2019 at 03:25 PM.

For those who didn't see in The X-Tremists #1 thread, the Secret History variant cover featured Jean (although for some reason she looks like a teenager). Unless they attacked while Jean was asleep, I feel like Psylocke and Moneta would have needed X-Man's help to take down Jean and rewrite her memories.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    For those who didn't see in The X-Tremists #1 thread, the Secret History variant cover featured Jean (although for some reason she looks like a teenager). Unless they attacked while Jean was asleep, I feel like Psylocke and Moneta would have needed X-Man's help to take down Jean and rewrite her memories.

Seems like everyone is just drawing Jeen these days. Guess they don't want that concept art from when the O5 were around to go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    would you like the jean grey comic to comeback with the present jean grey after age of x man? i would love that
    If there is a great pitch with a creative team, why not?

But I'm more interested for now seeing Jean interact on a team being a leader or a co-leader

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    If there is a great pitch with a creative team, why not?

But I'm more interested for now seeing Jean interact on a team being a leader or a co-leader
    I'm not sure I want Jean to lead the X-men, most writers are incapable/unwilling of writing/showcasing characters leading the team (other than cyclops) in any compelling way ( x-men red being the exception).
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I'm not sure I want Jean to lead the X-men, most writers are incapable/unwilling of writing/showcasing characters leading the team (other than cyclops) in any compelling way ( x-men red being the exception).
    That is a problem, that is why I think it will be better only co-lead. She is to experienced and respectedto not be a central figure on a team

Pencillers still think Teen Jean is being published. She even looks younger than that, like 12

everyone looks weaker and a strike attack can make a difference.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-01-2019 at 05:25 PM.

BANNED

Those trysts with Bishop. Being the king's mom is ssaving grace.