Page 359 of 626 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409459 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Beast has been reduced a joke these last couple of years, he needs to be rehabbed 1st before he gets put in a leadership position.
    I don't get why so many people hate Beast, he only got angry with Scott for many of the same things everybody else did.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't get why so many people hate Beast, he only got angry with Scott for many of the same things everybody else did.
    He's whiny and a hypocrite.

He brought the O5 to the present with lies for the sole purpose of convincing Scott to jail or kill himself.

Then advocated for mutantkind to flee the planet forever rather than mildly inconvenience the Inhumans.

When Uatu the Watcher has to come down from on high to verbally bitch slap you for being such an idiot, you REALLY messed up.

He's whiny and a hypocrite.
    He almost broke the space continuum to bring the O5, I don't think he was wrong to be mad on Scott. But everything has a limit

we and alanna smith are the last beast stans
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Beast has Stans?

He ruined Nightcrawler's funeral to bitch at Scott. This was after he had already quit the team but came back just to make Scott feel like sh-t at a damn funeral

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

20190817_205935.jpg

A recent pickup at a con by Ashley Witter

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He ruined Nightcrawler's funeral to bitch at Scott. This was after he had already quit the team but came back just to make Scott feel like sh-t at a damn funeral
    That still stings. Of all the things Beast said to Scott, I think that's one of the worst, though not above messing with time just to screw with him. Wish they got to talk this over, but I guess it'll never happen. Not a sign they'll meet in the current era, also.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    God I forgot about that.-Refuels Beast hate for another 6 months.-

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    morrison wrote it to not be cheating at all, it wasn't mean to be a bad thing at all. The readers that saw it as bad thing, but it wasn't Morrison intention
    no cheating doesn't make it anymore relatable than a stable relationship.

if a couple is boring it is because writers are bad. There isn't perfect couples at all, Scott and Jean had a fair share of problems.
    She wasn't that caring or compassionate on Morrison run. it was obvious that she was ascending to goodhood and become not caring about mortal problem.
    Another **** take on Phoenix

with exception of Emma and Wolverine, everybody sounded the same cold character

Whedon hated jean, iDK why bother.
    I heard about Carey wanting to use Jean, but then he saying that he didn't wanted to screw over Morrison story

Bendis yes, Hopeless was pretty bad. Now Bunn did better than those two, he deserves more consideration.
    It was expected that Jean would be background after Scott coming back and I don't expect any good from Hickman
    Jean was compassionate in New X-Men. I know this is the era of fake news and alternate facts but come on. Jean had compassion to Beast several times in New X-Men. She displayed it to Beak, Xavier, Fantomex, Dust, Cyclops, Emma, Wolverine, and even Xorn/Magneto. I think you may want to re-read this run and you will see you are not being factual. It is ok to have varying opinions but opinions should be based on evidence. If you go back and look you will see that I am correct.

I can only assume those saying Jean was cold and distant in Morrison's run really mean she was cold to Scott but if you read the book it was Scott that was cold, distant, and withholding sex from Jean. I think folks who see Jean as a wife/girlfriend character would be disappointed with GM's run because he had Jean be something more and something greater than being a wife. He also did a lot with Scott that did not include Jean. Basically he made both more interesting and made them stand out without being a crutch on each other.

Also Morrison's run was a great take on the Phoenix. It is up there with Claremont. Bad takes on the Phoenix can be found in Excalibur, Jason Aaron's books, Phoenix Resurrection, and Phoenix Endsong. Morrison's take was the closest to Claremont's version and built on his version.

Beast has Stans?
    Beast is one of my favs, but the writers have not done him any favors in recent years. For one they put him against the most popular X-man character : Cyclops and even though Beast was right and Scott was wrong fans will never see that. Most fans think Scott was right in all of his motives and actions.

Beast definitely needs redeemed. I've always loved Beast's friendship with Jean. Grant Morrison wrote some of the best Beast and Jean interactions. It made me think of the early X-Men issues with Jean and Beast teasing each other.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    That still stings. Of all the things Beast said to Scott, I think that's one of the worst, though not above messing with time just to screw with him. Wish they got to talk this over, but I guess it'll never happen. Not a sign they'll meet in the current era, also.
    As usual, Waiting for the Trade helps out:

Blame.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Jean was compassionate in New X-Men. I know this is the era of fake news and alternate facts but come on. Jean had compassion to Beast several times in New X-Men. She displayed it to Beak, Xavier, Fantomex, Dust, Cyclops, Emma, Wolverine, and even Xorn/Magneto. I think you may want to re-read this run and you will see you are not being factual. It is ok to have varying opinions but opinions should be based on evidence. If you go back and look you will see that I am correct.

I can only assume those saying Jean was cold and distant in Morrison's run really mean she was cold to Scott but if you read the book it was Scott that was cold, distant, and withholding sex from Jean. I think folks who see Jean as a wife/girlfriend character would be disappointed with GM's run because he had Jean be something more and something greater than being a wife. He also did a lot with Scott that did not include Jean. Basically he made both more interesting and made them stand out without being a crutch on each other.

Also Morrison's run was a great take on the Phoenix. It is up there with Claremont. Bad takes on the Phoenix can be found in Excalibur, Jason Aaron's books, Phoenix Resurrection, and Phoenix Endsong. Morrison's take was the closest to Claremont's version and built on his version.
    YES to all of this.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

Yeah, no. most see Jean for more than that. I just didn't like Jean being dumped and killed. I'm not going to act like her character being treated as disposable trash was the greatest thing ever when clearly the editors at the time didn't care at all for her.
    on the cyclops side I didn't like him looking bad again and being hated (it wasn't even an orgininal mess, maddie mess was first).
    believe me there are ways to explore the characters individually without treated them or their relationship like trash. there are way more mature ways to do that and that has been done better with literally any other couple.They even could have been separated without drama or toxicity.

like you now there is no need to make one or the other look bad or screw the other in order to tell a story, totally unecessary and disrespectful.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-17-2019 at 07:00 PM.