Page 564 of 626 FirstFirst ... 64464514554560561562563564565566567568574614 ... LastLast
Results 8,446 to 8,460 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    someone in another thread said this is Cyclops manhandling Jean, it's funny how different people can take these panels lol.
    I see it. I dont like how he's grabbing her. Context is everything as that may not be what Hickman is intending but the art by Yu doesnt seem like one of affection

BANNED

I'm sure it's not meant to be negative, but the giant fist gripping the woman by the arm isn't the visual you draw for concerned husband. Couple that with it being the character she can never escape from and it's a hilarious image.

"You're going nowhere."

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    From X-Men Monday:

With her and Scott's expressions and Magneto on the side, my first idea is that this has something to do with Xavier's death?
    I like this panel. Yu's art can look awkward, but I think this is more of a reassuring embrace, meant to provide comfort.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    From X-Men Monday:

With her and Scott's expressions and Magneto on the side, my first idea is that this has something to do with Xavier's death?
    Gah! Bad anatomy, Scott’s hand and Eric’s arm in particular.
    My guess is that Jean is holding one of the Cerebro helmets and is about to try to revive Chuck.

This image is one of the reason I am not into Yu's art. In an other thread, I said that I see Yu's art like if he was drawing action figures. Look at Scott's hand. Have you ever grabbed someone's arm like this ?? With your thumb staying this way. It looks like Cartman's hand, or any character's hand from South Park.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    This image is one of the reason I am not into Yu's art. In an other thread, I said that I see Yu's art like if he was drawing action figures. Look at Scott's hand. Have you ever grabbed someone's arm like this ?? With your thumb staying this way. It looks like Cartman's hand, or any character's hand from South Park.
    It’s clumsy and I would expect a professional artist to not make such amateur errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I see it. I dont like how he's grabbing her. Context is everything as that may not be what Hickman is intending but the art by Yu doesnt seem like one of affection
    I'm sure it will be a sign of care or affection but yeah the art leaves a lot to be desired. I like Yu but his work doesn't show emotion as well as others. Also I tire of scenes where men appear strong and care for a woman who is probably emotional/upset. I want to see more of the reverse (which does happen but I just want to see more of it).

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I'm sure it's not meant to be negative, but the giant fist gripping the woman by the arm isn't the visual you draw for concerned husband. Couple that with it being the character she can never escape from and it's a hilarious image.

"You're going nowhere."
    Looks like a cop taking away a woman for the murder of her secret lover on a detective mistery.

This was a poor choice by the artist

Also all this mistery about the marital status sucks

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

What mystery? Jean was called 'Mrs' in HoX 1, lives in the Summers compound, and was playing housewife in X-Men #1.

Also: yeah, that panel isn't a good look. Jean herself looks GREAT but Scott definitely looks like he's gripping her arm in a commanding kind of way, which doesn't feel like the intent for what they were going for. It seems like it's supposed to be a tender, reassuring moment.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    It’s clumsy and I would expect a professional artist to not make such amateur errors.
    Especially for a flagship title.
    Thank God, we're not in the Liefeld territory, but yes, there are some anatomy errors here.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    What mystery? Jean was called 'Mrs' in HoX 1, lives in the Summers compound, and was playing housewife in X-Men #1.

Also: yeah, that panel isn't a good look. Jean herself looks GREAT but Scott definitely looks like he's gripping her arm in a commanding kind of way, which doesn't feel like the intent for what they were going for. It seems like it's supposed to be a tender, reassuring moment.
    Jean is well drawn, but Scott’s frame is too big and muscular for the character and both his hand and Magneto are very poor.
    Plus, constipated is not a good facial expression for Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

I really not sure. Hickman barely have they interact. I already on alert for some weird plot twist

X-force is getting a second printing!!
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-11-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't know where this is from but it looks like we can look up to see Jean in another book. Even if it is on a small cameo
    Attachment 89226
    Iban coello is the artist. https://www.instagram.com/coelloiban/?hl=es

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Looks like a cop taking away a woman for the murder of her secret lover on a detective mistery.

This was a poor choice by the artist

Also all this mistery about the marital status sucks
    There is no marital mystery. I'm not convinced they would have brought Jean back if she wasn't going to be tied to Cyclops. Only unknown is whether she has agreed to be in a harem or if she's the only girlfriend.