Page 569 of 626 FirstFirst ... 69469519559565566567568569570571572573579619 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I know we already discussed Jean's education at length before, but I was re-reading Extraordinary X-men and Jean was taking classes at Empire State University. In the original X-men days Jean went to Metro College, in X-factor Jean was taking night classes at Columbia. We know Jean was studying psychology at Columbia and I think her and Ted Roberts had either a psychology or communications course together at Metro College. So Jean has attended three separate colleges/universities. We also can surmise that she had some sort of higher education credits from Xavier's school. While we do not know if she has a completed degree, I would assume she has since she has attended three different schools. I would say easily Jean finished Metro while the X-men issues were in reruns (re-prints while they were canceled and before the start of the All new, all different) but of course that is head canon/speculation.

I always saw Jean as a smart and educated person. Her online fanbase has always been full of smart and educated people so that's part of the reason I make that assumption/connection (I know that is off but let me brag on my people lol) I figure telepaths are smart by nature because they can easily pick up information from others (not saying they are genius level, but certainly above average).
    You aren't smart if you pick up but doesn't learn fast. Jean is quick learner like Superman

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

nevermind.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-16-2019 at 08:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Marvel really should have graduated her ages ago. I think with how the time works on Marvel she isn't going to end her studies any time soon unless Marvel retcons that. Which they should.
    They could just say she graduated before dying or something like that.
    Everyone who has graduated and gotten their degrees it’s when the writer says character X has graduated. Beast is an example.

But a super mind like Jean doesn’t need degrees, it would really be Judy paperwork to her.

She in an instant absorbed Beast’s medical knowledge and we saw her mind link with T’Chalka to psychically remove nanotech from Storm’s brain.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I know we already discussed Jean's education at length before, but I was re-reading Extraordinary X-men and Jean was taking classes at Empire State University. In the original X-men days Jean went to Metro College, in X-factor Jean was taking night classes at Columbia. We know Jean was studying psychology at Columbia and I think her and Ted Roberts had either a psychology or communications course together at Metro College. So Jean has attended three separate colleges/universities. We also can surmise that she had some sort of higher education credits from Xavier's school. While we do not know if she has a completed degree, I would assume she has since she has attended three different schools. I would say easily Jean finished Metro while the X-men issues were in reruns (re-prints while they were canceled and before the start of the All new, all different) but of course that is head canon/speculation.

I always saw Jean as a smart and educated person. Her online fanbase has always been full of smart and educated people so that's part of the reason I make that assumption/connection (I know that is off but let me brag on my people lol) I figure telepaths are smart by nature because they can easily pick up information from others (not saying they are genius level, but certainly above average).
    interesting quote!
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Marvel really should have graduated her ages ago. I think with how the time works on Marvel she isn't going to end her studies any time soon unless Marvel retcons that. Which they should.
    They could just say she graduated before dying or something like that.
    we need a panel of jean graduating
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    we need a panel of jean graduating
    Yes, and more panels of Jean in general!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

We can't see every moment of these characters lives. I don't really need to see Jean in a cap and gown walking across the stage to receive her diploma. If a writer says she completed her degree, then that's all I really need. But that's just me.

Does magneto have a finer grasp over his power compared to Jean’s TK?

I know we don’t have many( or any) examples of magneto and jean going head to head throwing objects at one anotjer. But I wonder- is Jean’s control of tk great enough to challenge magneto?

Say magneto was going to throw hundreds of pieces of sharp shrapnel at her. Is her tk skill refined enough to completely stop every piece? To throw them back at him, overpowering him?

I feel like various depictions of magneto have him use his powers in a much finer matter- picking up and separating metal and using them in an offensive manner- whereas Jean’s TK is often portrayed with her Lifting heavy objects but not necessarily tons of little pieces.

Keep in mind this isn’t to say jean is weaker. But is her control less fine than magneto’s?
    Last edited by Grey; 11-17-2019 at 05:15 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

I know we don’t have many( or any) examples of magneto and jean going head to head throwing objects at one anotjer. But I wonder- is Jean’s control of tk great enough to challenge magneto?

Say magneto was going to throw hundreds of pieces of sharp shrapnel at her. Is her tk skill refined enough to completely stop every piece? To throw them back at him, overpowering him?

I feel like various depictions of magneto have him use his powers in a much finer matter- picking up and separating metal and using them in an offensive manner- whereas Jean’s TK is often portrayed with her Lifting heavy objects but not necessarily tons of little pieces.

Keep in mind this isn’t to say jean is weaker. But is her control less fine than magneto’s?
    Id like to think Jean does but most writers dont seem to portray her as an expert with her TK despite having some incredible feats. Magneto's tend to be far more consistent than her. I think the best example for what you mention can actually be seen in Morrison's run as well as most recently X-men Red. The TK surgery of the nannites in Storm's brain is probably far more delicated and impressive than what Ive seen Magneto do but it was a contained non-combative situation. In an actual battle, I think he'd probably have the edge.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Id like to think Jean does but most writers dont seem to portray her as an expert with her TK despite having some incredible feats. Magneto's tend to be far more consistent than her. I think the best example for what you mention can actually be seen in Morrison's run as well as most recently X-men Red. The TK surgery of the nannites in Storm's brain is probably far more delicated and impressive than what Ive seen Magneto do but it was a contained non-combative situation. In an actual battle, I think he'd probably have the edge.
    The fact she was able to put Emma back whole after she was shattered into broken diamond pieces is quite impressive.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-x-men-history

I’m thinking Hickmans jean is Phoenix

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

Magneto has been confirmed as a Omega and Jean's TK is no longer Omega. She has barely used it in fact.
    So at the moment I think Magneto wins, before Hickman i would have thought Jean was better.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-x-men-history

I’m thinking Hickmans jean is Phoenix
    I think Hickman gonna use phoenix, but Jean might be nothing to do with it. She isn't phoenix now

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think Hickman gonna use phoenix, but Jean might be nothing to do with it. She isn't phoenix now
    Branding 191, Jean is the only Phoenix known to mass audiences.

Whenever Hickman wants to really use Phoenix it will be Jean.

I think there’s a reason she was reset to Marcel Girl. And that she lives in the Blue Area of the Moon, where Jean/Phoenix once died.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Branding 191, Jean is the only Phoenix known to mass audiences.

Whenever Hickman wants to really use Phoenix it will be Jean.

I think there’s a reason she was reset to Marcel Girl. And that she lives in the Blue Area of the Moon, where Jean/Phoenix once died.

I wouldn't be so sure, even with the prominence the X-men are currently receiving, it's fair to say at this point Marvel thinks of the Phoenix as a separate character from Jean. But more specifically, they don't have a singular problem attaching the PF to any character the favor at the moment. I hope so, because unlike so many prominent characters with iconic visuals, writers and editors don't really value Jean's contributions to the mythos. Besides I wouldn't be surprised that Hickman's long-term plan involves Quire becoming the Phoenix, it's definitely the direction some writers have been moving in this last decade.