Page 560 of 626 FirstFirst ... 60460510550556557558559560561562563564570610 ... LastLast
Results 8,386 to 8,400 of 9381
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It has nothing to do with "RightClops". He was written with zero leadership abilities whatsoever. Zero combat ability whatsoever. He was written as a gutless, mealy-mouthed suicidally depressed idiot. There was nothing other than his appearance to indicate that this Scott is from any X-Men comics in their whole history, outside of maybe Tyke.
    Your posts are extremely hyperbolic lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Your posts are extremely hyperbolic lol.
    It's good to get a point across. But the point (and the reason this conversation is in this thread), is that Jean has barely appeared in the new era. Her short appearances in HoX/PoX weren't great. We will see how X-Force goes, but it looks better for her. But Scott was one of two main characters of Uncanny, and it spent 12 issues making him look completely stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    No, I think you're very invested in the Bendis run. Fine, you're entitled to that. But the only 'mainstream' press it ever got (if that) was when Bobby got outed. Further, sales and press for the current run are much bigger.
    Not really. If you were taking your own advice and doing some search on this board, you would see that I was often criticizing Bendis. I really disliked some of the things he did with Jeen and liked others. I also said he is a cheat: He was promising a lot but then he often wasn't concluding his stories or using a cheap trick to solve the plot.

So he lied while being a hype man, and Jean fans should be upset about that. That sucks to have the head writer telling lies to sell his stories.

And no, I am serious. This is not sarcasm, though I can see how it reads like it. Hickman lying to Jean fans to hype them for HoX/PoX is really gross.
    That happened, And i think it is very ok for Jean fans be pissed about it.

Hickman hardly lied. She was prominent. Prominent =/= star. You don't start a civil war in the fandom over thighs with a character who isn't prominent.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Hickman hardly lied. She was prominent. Prominent =/= star. You don't start a civil war in the fandom over thighs with a character who isn't prominent.
    you are making gymnastics. Prominent is someone that shows up a lot and do important things. Hickman Lied

It has nothing to do with "RightClops". He was written with zero leadership abilities whatsoever. Zero combat ability whatsoever. He was written as a gutless, mealy-mouthed suicidally depressed idiot. There was nothing other than his appearance to indicate that this Scott is from any X-Men comics in their whole history, outside of maybe Tyke.
    Everyone in that run was incompetent. Scott was hardly alone being badly written

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Jean was not prominently featured in any book that Hickman has written so far. He has admitted to lying. That line about Jean was a lie Maybe he was referring to the upcoming Giant Sized oneshot, but definitely not HoX/DoX .

She was in all of the marketing and showed up in most HoX issues. She was the face of the X-men.

We know Krakoa is safe through Jean's face
    We know mutants suffer through Jean's face
    We know mutants are thinking about ethics through Jean's concerns

X-men in the order of prominence in HoX/PoX:
    Cyclops
    Wolverine
    Jean
    Storm
    Nightcrawler
    Monet
    No one else.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    you are making gymnastics. Prominent is someone that shows up a lot and do important things. Hickman Lied

Everyone in that run was incompetent. Scott was hardly alone being badly written
    I agree. Scott was horribly written, but so were Alex, Dani, Ilyana, and kinda sorta Hope. Special mention to Chamber being as horrible as possible.

Being featured on covers, doesnt make a character prominent within the book

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    On the opposite end, multiple posters have come into this very Discussion Thread to argue a different point...

The issue for me at least is we all agree on that Hickman's Jean, my opinion is based solely on that nothing else, which makes me curious what actual proof does anyone have that she is going to be written better outside or speculation? Many have said "wait and see", but at this point in 1 issue Percy has written a better Jean and if the stiff dialogue from X-men 2 is any indication. I don't see his version of the character being much better in the long-term.
    People aren't even fans of Jean but have to come here defend Hickman writing of her;

It's ok, but sometimes it seems like we are cursing or doing some crime talking about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    So if I'm understanding correctly, it's okay for Cyke fans to complain about Cyke who was literally the driving force behind UXM, and received most if not all the development throughout that several issue run of the flagship run.
    That's why you shouldn't take any of this seriously. For one, it is pure hypocrisy. Two, it's just plain silly because it's the very privileged complaining about the opinions of the middle class.

This is like Jean fans trying to tell people how to react to the way Storm has been handled in recent decades, which would be super clownish.

You're happy because you like the way your favorite character was handled. Nobody is obligated to appreciate the character work the same way, especially when the majority, who we must note loves the story overall, also acknowledges that the version of Jean Grey was terrible, like last season of Daenerys terrible.

BANNED

I.... don't think the majority finds Jean in HOXPOX 'terrible'. Interesting that you brought up Daenerys who will turn heel no matter what though.

I enjoyed X-force. I like that Jean appeared more aggressive which is a good thing. I think we all expect her to play a major role in the Xavier situation. I am somewhat disappointed that she doesn't seem to appear in the Summers family adventure in X-men 2.

As for House of X, Jean did appear in every issue. Yes in issue 2 she was just in a flashback panel, but it counts. She had a good appearance in issue 1, 3, 4 and 5. I like that Jean was included even though I'm not a big fan of Jean's role in the Orchis mission but will concede she played an important part by keeping the connection going.

I love that she is on the quiet council. She may not be leading a team but she is still in a leadership position along with all the others on the council. I love that she will be a member of X-force.

X-force was a fun issue and I love the tone. I find Percy interesting and I am hoping for good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    I wasn't talking about my own opinion on X-Force being a dud, i thought it was fine, but it's had a bit of a negative reaction on Twitter, Reddit etc. Much more so than the other books.

I'm pretty sure Hickman's bosses are going to focus on HOX being the most successful X-Men story in almost 20 years and the bucket load of cash it made plus the new readers it's brought in versus some people being unhappy with how a relatively minor character in the story was written
    I saw a lot of positives regarding X-force but admit I did see a few negative comments. Most that were negative seem to really like the silly/cartoony books like Marauders or New Mutants from the comments i read on both twitter and reddit (or on here). So people have different tastes, which doesn't come as a surprise.

X-force in some ways is one of the standard books. It is not too different/bold from what we have had before (though it is a slightly different take). The first issue was a set up issue and people criticized that but both Excalibur and Marauders were set up issues. You kind of have to expect that.