Page 512 of 626 FirstFirst ... 12412462502508509510511512513514515516522562612 ... LastLast
Results 7,666 to 7,680 of 9381

Why even separate rooms is that was the case? LOL
    Just superfluous thing

God Hickman’s Jean is probably the worst despite his off characterization of Cyclops and Storm. She’s Meek, no resolve, no fire Den mother. Stop buying this ****

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    God Hickman’s Jean is probably the worst despite his off characterization of Cyclops and Storm. She’s Meek, no resolve, no fire Den mother. Stop buying this ****
    yeah saw some complaing on twitter that Hickman just wrote her like a simply Housewife. I got that vibe from his writing.
    We are 13 issues and what i saw from Jean it is not good

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Hickman just doesn't care, he doesn't hate her but doesn't care. Polaris, Magneto, Emma, Apocalypse, Storm, Wolverine all had minor appareances and he still managed to do something with them.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Hickman just doesn't care, he doesn't hate her but doesn't care. Polaris, Magneto, Emma, Apocalypse, Storm, Wolverine all had minor appareances and he still managed to do something with them.
    Well that is my take too he doesn't care, but to do his poliamor hinting he cares

bring Taylor back or it can be Rosenberg, my patience is ending

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

So, I actually think that the way that Jean is being written is intentional so I'm giving Hickman the benefit of the doubt at the moment. Someone here brought up that the last time Jean was in the dress, she was being actively repressed by Xavier, and that's probably what Hickman is referring to when he says to remember the most iconic time she wore it.

My current theory is that not all of the X-Men agreed with Xavier and his idea of Krakoa, especially not the way that he and Magneto are running it - and that Jean was chief among them. Jean's own Mutant Nation was against everything Krakoa, Utopia, and Genosha represent because they gather mutants in one place. What if she actively disagreed with him, they battled, and someone got the better of Jean - leading to a death or to Xavier getting the upper hand on her, and he reprograms her to basically be the perfect subservient housewife. Her in the dress is representative of that.

It wouldn't be ideal, but it'd be a decent plot reason for the way that she's acting right now.

Also I've been thinking about it and because of what the dress represents to people like Charles, Hank, and the Phoenix itself - Jean, in her right mind, would probably hate it herself.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I didn't believe Xavier was messing with people's minds until reading about Vulcan today. The X-men literally chose the version they wanted of a dead guy. He is not the same person that died. Why wouldn't Xavier do that with everybody else?

I didn't believe Xavier was messing with people's minds until reading about Vulcan today. The X-men literally chose the version they wanted of a dead guy. He is not the same person that died. Why wouldn't Xavier do that with everybody else?
    Xavier wouldnt have had an up to date version of Vulcan anyway as he spent the last year or so of his life in space. With that said, Xavier has been shady for years and has abused his powers to mindwipe people, mentally manipulate and influence them, get his way, etc... It never felt like a stretch to believe that he would be using Cerebro to mess with people'd minds.

And again: it's not the first time that Xavier would have done this to his own X-Men. He did it to Jean specifically to repress the Phoenix.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

In his last appearance Sabretooth was working for Malekith, and he ended up getting killed with Magik cut off his HEAD. OG Sabretooth is dead. The Sabretooth we saw obviously had EDITED memories.

Esme Cuckoos in her last appearance in X-23 was a murderous ghost that hated being a clone, hated her sisters, and hated the X-Men. Sophie wasn't the biggest fan of Esme who killed her for the second time. Now all of a sudden their close again? They were brought back as earlier versions, before certain bad things happened.

So it was obvious from almost the beginning Xavier was tampering with people's minds during this resurrection process.

As for Jean, I think the original Jean maybe got killed and what we've seen lately are clones with edited memories.

Of course Xavier's perfect world is going to blow up in his face at some point.

There's a reason why Hickman mentioned Phoenix already too.

I think this Jean will become Phoenix and see exactly what Xavier has done. I think she'll see Moira for what she is too.

Notice so far they have been doing everything to avoid people learning the truth. No mutants who can see the future. Magneto has his helmet on to protect from telepathic probes. Xavier's Cerebro unit prevents other telepaths from reading his mind (he's taking no chances).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    So, I actually think that the way that Jean is being written is intentional so I'm giving Hickman the benefit of the doubt at the moment. Someone here brought up that the last time Jean was in the dress, she was being actively repressed by Xavier, and that's probably what Hickman is referring to when he says to remember the most iconic time she wore it.

My current theory is that not all of the X-Men agreed with Xavier and his idea of Krakoa, especially not the way that he and Magneto are running it - and that Jean was chief among them. Jean's own Mutant Nation was against everything Krakoa, Utopia, and Genosha represent because they gather mutants in one place. What if she actively disagreed with him, they battled, and someone got the better of Jean - leading to a death or to Xavier getting the upper hand on her, and he reprograms her to basically be the perfect subservient housewife. Her in the dress is representative of that.

It wouldn't be ideal, but it'd be a decent plot reason for the way that she's acting right now.

Also I've been thinking about it and because of what the dress represents to people like Charles, Hank, and the Phoenix itself - Jean, in her right mind, would probably hate it herself.
    I completely agree with you there. Not only that, but Cyclops went back to being the kid soldier. He became the leader post Morrison and remained that way throughout Rosenberg. Now here is happily obeying orders, has no issues he is not on the council, and just seems off.

Now we know Xavier and Magneto are lying from the others and are hiding that they conspired with Moira. Mags has his helmet and Xavier has Cerebro boost his telepathic powers so other telepaths don't find out the truth. Oh and so far they don't bring back people like Destiny who could see the truth and tell everyone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    And again: it's not the first time that Xavier would have done this to his own X-Men. He did it to Jean specifically to repress the Phoenix.
    Which is deliberately why Hickman is writing her this way, and back in the Marvel Girl dress. And why Hickman has already mentioned the Phoenix. It's leading to the Phoenix coming, and I think Hickman will work with Morrison's the Phoenix burns away lies and deceit. Plenty of that on Krakoa.

Xavier, Magneto, and Moira lying to mutants about what they know about the future. Those three lying to Mystique about Destiny. The ban on Krakoa of precognitive mutants.

The fact that people's memories are being edited like this during the resurrections.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I completely agree with you there. Not only that, but Cyclops went back to being the kid soldier. He became the leader post Morrison and remained that way throughout Rosenberg. Now here is happily obeying orders, has no issues he is not on the council, and just seems off.

Now we know Xavier and Magneto are lying from the others and are hiding that they conspired with Moira. Mags has his helmet and Xavier has Cerebro boost his telepathic powers so other telepaths don't find out the truth. Oh and so far they don't bring back people like Destiny who could see the truth and tell everyone.
    This Scott is not that far off from Rosenberg's take. He wasnt some great leader (but rather fumbled quite a bit). He took more of a backseat in terms of leading and set up his X-men as a democracy where everyone got a vote. I actually think this Scott is more competent than Rosenberg's version, who was a joke. Neither are as good as the one Bendis and Gillen wrote though

I don't think that Moira has anything to do with changing the minds of mutants. I think that Xavier is playing her too - if anything Charles is the villain and Moira is the hero.