Page 451 of 626 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461501551 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah Ive always seen Ororo more as the big sister
    Me too, I always saw Ororo above so much drama. Much more mature than most of the main cast. She is also taller and probably a bit older than Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I always saw Jean as the big sister. Maybe it was because of how she was the one who was getting Ororo accustomed to America.

But.
    the scene where Ororo was naked and Jean was like "Woah ororo we wear clothes here."
    Or the story in visionaries where storm lashed out at her like a little sister would when she thought jean read her thoughts but it turned out her fear of the subway was so strong it was just surface stuff. Jean later on holds her hand and they walk into the subway together.
    Even in X-men Red when Storm was like i got this go save your daughter.

But i can see it both ways. It's what i always loved about them. It's a truly mutual love.
    Oh, I can see that too. Storm was like the new girl at first.

To me they're in an equal sisterhood

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Hugs! It's officially canon that Jean and Storm have the best hugs.
    It’s more than a hug, it’s a cwtch! The Welsh have a word for a meaningful physical hug that’s as much emotional as physical. One of my fave words ever! Ororo and Jean moments are always special.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I know right. it's such a cool visual and sets her apart from other psychics and her phoenix self

She had a pink form in the 90s and a pink Phoenix effect just before she started wearing the Phoenix power. In XMen Blue we saw in the adult Jeen in the future take down 4 Silver Surfers and then Galaticus, and manifesting a Phoenix effect. She was called Phoenix. Her eyes still glow pink.

It is a shame that the pink form isn't used. It really doesn't make sense story wise that it is not used especially when she fights telepaths/psychic characters. It wasn't used in X-men Red, and JDW said it was just something our Jean would remember doing when she was younger so it is not something they want to follow up with. I suspect because though retaining Jean as an omega telepath they still want to be careful of power creep and they want all the powers to be more down to earth. That is my thought about it.

I am disappointed that Jean seems to be completely branded in the Marvel Girl costume. I didn't care much for the X-men Red uniform and wanted Jean in something better and then this happens. Jean does have some great costumes so it is strange that they keep putting her in ugly uniforms (not that MG costume is ugly it is just that it is very dated and doesn't fit the looks of all the others).

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    It is a shame that the pink form isn't used. It really doesn't make sense story wise that it is not used especially when she fights telepaths/psychic characters. It wasn't used in X-men Red, and JDW said it was just something our Jean would remember doing when she was younger so it is not something they want to follow up with. I suspect because though retaining Jean as an omega telepath they still want to be careful of power creep and they want all the powers to be more down to earth. That is my thought about it.

I am disappointed that Jean seems to be completely branded in the Marvel Girl costume. I didn't care much for the X-men Red uniform and wanted Jean in something better and then this happens. Jean does have some great costumes so it is strange that they keep putting her in ugly uniforms (not that MG costume is ugly it is just that it is very dated and doesn't fit the looks of all the others).
    She was never in an instance where she would have needed to use it in Red. It would have been useful in HoX but she has regressed quite a bit and I feel thats intentinoal

She was never in an instance where she would have needed to use it in Red. It would have been useful in HoX but she has regressed quite a bit and I feel thats intentinoal
    Wouldn't it have been useful with fighting Cassandra? Being able to absorb psychic energies would be useful when fighting another powerful telepath.

Wouldn't it have been useful with fighting Cassandra? Being able to absorb psychic energies would be useful when fighting another powerful telepath.
    Jean fought Cassandra twice in Red and she defeated her both times with her TP. Her pink form can always be useful, but its not always necessary. Nova never overwhelmed her and Jean was able to outsmart her and use the team effectively to do so. The pink form should really be reserved for moments where she is overwhelmed and/or is too weak to take on her opponent. That wasnt the case in Red

Jean fought Cassandra twice in Red and she defeated her both times with her TP. Her pink form can always be useful, but its not always necessary. Nova never overwhelmed her and Jean was able to outsmart her and use the team effectively to do so. The pink form should really be reserved for moments where she is overwhelmed and/or is too weak to take on her opponent. That wasnt the case in Red
    Did they ever explain how Cassandra went from "Feared Galactic tyrant capable of shattering the Shi'Ar empire by herself" to "Losing to one X-person"?

They didn't even explain how Cassandra was there in the first place.

I guess writers don't get Ernst

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She had a pink form in the 90s and a pink Phoenix effect just before she started wearing the Phoenix power. In XMen Blue we saw in the adult Jeen in the future take down 4 Silver Surfers and then Galaticus, and manifesting a Phoenix effect. She was called Phoenix. Her eyes still glow pink.
    I just hope it's not forgotten and that it's used outside of comics too

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Did they ever explain how Cassandra went from "Feared Galactic tyrant capable of shattering the Shi'Ar empire by herself" to "Losing to one X-person"?
    Nope. They definitely made her weak and not much of a threat

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    They didn't even explain how Cassandra was there in the first place.

I guess writers don't get Ernst
    Theres nothing to explain. Nova isnt Ernst. Whatever Morrison may have intended in his run, that was quickly retconned and Ernst has developed into her own character separate from the Nova implication.

The only pink Jean needs is Globby boy.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Her X-men Red costume can look awesome under the right artist
    1518023408039.jpg
    ________1534870470552.jpg
    uncanny-x-men-jean-grey-kitty-pryde-storm.jpg