Page 364 of 626 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374414464 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Well, if someone killed Emma and treated her character like garbage and then forbidden everybody else from writing stories about Emma I don't think you would love it. It doens't matter how supposedly good was his Jean, it only prived us of an entire decade of other takes on Jean. One "good" story is not worth that. The DPS wasn't worth that and even less something less significant as Morrison's run.
    Remind me of how Grant Morrison's run prevented Jean from coming back literally the next issue?

Jean fans are blaming the gun, not the shooter. Morrison was the gun. Quesada was the shooter.

And I refuse to call the entire run garbage just because editorial threw a fit because Joe Quesada was getting divorced from his red-headed wife and was dating a blonde chick at the time. Especially since it was the last time Charles or Beast were likeable, the best Jean has ever been written hands down, and established an interesting and fun advancement for mutantkind that also got thrown in the trash by editorial.

At least Cyclops cared. Bishop didn't for Jean until they were forced and rushed off panel on an AU that ignored common sense, can't get more rushed and undeserving than that. Maybe he doesn't care at all, Jean kissed other guy and he showed no reaction. I hope Jean and Bishop doesn't carry over but if it does, don't forget that after just one issue she was already kissing other person.

what made Jean forgive Bishop for molesting Cable and Hope for years??? Absolutely nothing, that should be a total turn off yet not you or Marvel cared.
    Bishop stopped trying to kill Cable and Hope, even saved Hope. that still leagues better than Scott.

Bishop and Jean won't be on the same team, I really doubt they will ever talk to each other for years. Apparently Jean can only ever date Scott

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    We all know that what you're saying ISN'T TRUE. You have an axe to grind against Morrison, and refuse to see the truth: Joe Quesada ordered the ending of Morrison's run. The last ten years of X-Men comics have completely proven that when the EiC wants something to happen, it happens period. That's how we got Schism, AvX, IvX, and everything up until Hickman: because of editorial mandates. Quesada gave Morrison the freedom to do what he wanted, as long as he did two things: end Scott and Jean's relationship, and kill Jean.
    That is not true. it was morrison idea, quesada just greenlit it. Morrison said that Emma was like his new girlfriend and Jean was his ex. It was all his idea.

even if it was quesada idea, nobody held a gun on his head to do that
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-18-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Bishop stopped trying to kill Cable and Hope, even saved Hope. that still leagues better than Scott.

Bishop and Jean won't be on the same team, I really doubt they will ever talk to each other for years. Apparently Jean can only ever date Scott
    I liked Scott and Jean, it was epic. I don't think a C list psycopath is an improvement though, falling for him after his stunt would only make Jean look like an idiot that doesn't care about for anything other than C list pepee. How does anybody goes for not even good friedns to a couple without build up, off panel after the only story that vaguely connects them was Bishop going crazy on her friends and family?? Makes no sense. If it happens remember, she went to kiss another guy after one issue, don't ever pretend it was any other than ridiculous or any good.
    Scott also stopped being with Emma but that doesn't count right?
    Last edited by fsger; 08-18-2019 at 03:53 PM.

I liked Scott and Jean, it was epic. I don't think a C list psycopath is an improvement though, falling for him after his stunt would only make Jean look like an idiot that doesn't care about for anything other than C list pepee. Scott also stopped being with Emma but that doesn't count right?
    He shouldn't ever started anything with Emma, and he only ended after the relationship got cold and she cheated on him.
    Oh pls Scott was ready to sacrifice his team (except himself of course). he was playing with his team mate lives

He shouldn't ever started anything with Emma, and he only ended after the relationship got cold and she cheated on him.
    Oh pls Scott was ready to sacrifice his team (except himself of course). he was playing with his team mate lives
    ...wait what?

When? How?

Claiming Scott sees everyone as expendable tools was stated once: by Jason Aaron who likes Scott about as much as you like Emma.

...wait what?

When? How?

Claiming Scott sees everyone as expendable tools was stated once: by Jason Aaron who likes Scott about as much as you like Emma.
    Well it is canon and Beast felt the same

Well it is canon and Beast felt the same
    So are Nurse Annie psychically breaking up Havok and Polaris and Rachel turned into a lizard and being mind controlled by Sauron. Doesn't make it any less dumb. Especially since nothing on panel was ever shown to remotely reflect this in the history of the X-Men.

I mean, say Whedon wrote a new X-story where it was revealed that Jean actually gets her power from consuming small children. It would be canon, but it would also be dumb, pointless, written by somebody who doesn't like or care about the character, and nothing in the character history would ever begin to address that.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Can we please stop hating other characters on Jean's thread?
    At least for a while. Like it would be nice to say nice things about Jean. Good cool things that make us feel better.

Is it even possible to like Jean, Emma, Morrison, Claremont, AND Hickman? I can’t tell anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Is it even possible to like Jean, Emma, Morrison, Claremont, AND Hickman? I can’t tell anymore.
    Maybe, I think it is posible but many X-fans are very passionate people. Some see things only under the eyes of certain characters and don't look at the bigger picture, which i believe are most of us (could be wrong though)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Can we please stop hating other characters on Jean's thread?
    At least for a while. Like it would be nice to say nice things about Jean. Good cool things that make us feel better.
    The news drought is getting to everyone, I think. Here's some fun.

Bras.jpg

Maybe?

I like Jean, Emma, Morrison. I respect Clairemont's work. I don't know anything about Hickman other than his last story was Captain America trying to kill Iron Man as the universe ends, which doesn't make me terribly optimistic.

Bras.jpg
    Lol, also i liked this
    jyhfj.jpg

Astonishing Member

Oh it's absolutely possible. I love them all.

Astonishing Member

Bras.jpg

Maybe?

I like Jean, Emma, Morrison. I respect Clairemont's work. I don't know anything about Hickman other than his last story was Captain America trying to kill Iron Man as the universe ends, which doesn't make me terribly optimistic.
    That's some hardcore reductionist shiz right there. Especially considering Secret Wars was his last story not Time Runs Out.

BANNED

Yes. The only requirement is being an adult, as far as I have seen.