Page 374 of 626 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424474 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Except that is incorrect.

Over the last three years, Jean has gotten more exposure than any other character besides Wolverine. Scott got Uncanny 11-23, and is currently in Hickman's run as a mind control zombie. He also got the Uncanny mini that brought him back. In Blue he was a supporting character.

Jean got Jeen Grey solo, Blue as leader, Reserrection, Red as a solo, leader of Ahab event, Uncanny 1-10 as co-lead, and was the secondary main of the Charles annual.

So I'm not sure how you can claim 12 issues and a mini is equal to 2 solos, 3 full runs, 2 minis, and 10 issues of another run
    If you're gonna count teen Jean, then you might as well count teen Scott as he had ANX v2, Blue, Venomized (Jean was dead until the final issue), Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Whether he was portrayed well enough or not, Scott did get the same number of issues in the spotlight as Jean, aka 11 on Uncanny. And he's the leader and only permanent character on the rotating cast of X-Men, the solicit even says "The Cyclops saga" or something.

And if you're counting the teens there was also the Tyke solo. And Hopeless' ANXM where he was the leader. And Champions.
    ???

JEEN WAS LEADER FOR HOPELESS'S RUN! The very instant the O5 got to the present, Jeen was given leadership, and Scott existed to be a living wangst outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Cyclops being the leader was handled very poorly. They made him the lone voice for mutants. Characters with usually strong opinions like Magneto and Storm had to take a backseat. I hope we don't go back to that again, no matter who's leading.
    Well Cyclops saga... Seems a deja vu for me

Well anyway Cyclops wins because 2005-2015 he showed up on tons of books and jea nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If you're gonna count teen Jean, then you might as well count teen Scott as he had ANX v2, Blue, Venomized (Jean was dead until the final issue), Champions
    Scott barely existed in AnX except as a Wangst outlet. Jeen was leader. I did forget about Champions, but characters calling Scott "Mutant Hitler" on panel tend to do that to me.

What does Cyclops being on X-number of issues has to do with anything?
    Wolverine is on more than him
    Cyclops is on more than Jean
    Jean is on more than Storm.

???

JEEN WAS LEADER FOR HOPELESS'S RUN! The very instant the O5 got to the present, Jeen was given leadership, and Scott existed to be a living wangst outlet.
    Jeen wasn't in ANXM v2. She was stuck in EXM.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Not really, no. Jean's much more tolerable now than she was in the 1990s and she's had enough of a break for me. What annoys me is people acting like Jean being out of action for a few months just like everyone else is unacceptable. On her worst day Jean has had a hundred times the exposure of countless other X-Men.
    Let me get this right: You are coming to an appreciation thread to complain because people are talking about that thread's character? Right...

@powerpax, @PsychoEFrost you sure you are in the right thread?

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

When did that EVER happen with Emma? Over the last ten-fifteen years, the major complaint is Emma being written horribly.

"Horribly written"....I guess occurred after she stopped being featured prominently across several books per month.

???

Teen Jean only appeared in the final issue of Hopeless' run though I wouldnt consider Scott leader in that run. That didnt seem to have an official leader but if I had to choose, it felt more like Hank than anyone else

Scott barely existed in AnX except as a Wangst outlet. Jeen was leader. I did forget about Champions, but characters calling Scott "Mutant Hitler" on panel tend to do that to me.
    He existed. Jean wasnt in ANX v2 so you cant put that on her. The writing sucked but Scott was prominently featured in that series

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Let me get this right: You are coming to an appreciation thread to complain because people are talking about that thread's character? Right...

I dont get it either. We Jean fans are expressing our disatisfaction with the lack of her lately and people are acting pressed bc we shouldnt have a right to have missed her. Why does any one care how we feel?
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-23-2019 at 01:01 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I think EFrost is counting Jeen's appearances as part of her exposure since technically she is Jean.

Thanks, Bendis.

Cyclops being the leader was handled very poorly. They made him the lone voice for mutants. Characters with usually strong opinions like Magneto and Storm had to take a backseat. I hope we don't go back to that again, no matter who's leading.
    Mutants were almost extinct. Xavier died. Storm was chilling in Wakanda. Magneto was in semi-retirement.

Cyclops stepped up.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post

Appreciation shouldn't mean "Say blatantly false things that make the character look good". If that's what people want, then fine. But the argument started with people saying Jean basically hasn't existed since coming back, and somehow trying to claim that Scott and Charles have been pushed more over that time.

Jeen wasn't in ANXM v2. She was stuck in EXM.
    Well, well, nobody acknowledged Extraordinary until now.

Then if we are counting the minimal details that book should count too.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    "Horribly written"....I guess occurred after she stopped being featured prominently across several books per month.
    When was Emma ever in multiple books at the same time, outside of cameos?

AvX + whatever the X-Men run was at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Well, well, nobody acknowledged Extraordinary until now.

Then if we are counting the minimal details that book should count too.
    I suppose but she was wasted there and was the defnition of supporting character with no development or arc of her own. At least the four O5 guys got that in AnX V2

When was Emma ever in multiple books at the same time, outside of cameos?

AvX + whatever the X-Men run was at the time?
    DeciMation era. She was regularly in Astonishing X-men, X-men and New X-men

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I think EFrost is counting Jeen's appearances as part of her exposure since technically she is Jean.

Thanks, Bendis.

Mutants were almost extinct. Xavier died. Storm was chilling in Wakanda. Magneto was in semi-retirement.

Cyclops stepped up.
    Storm still hasn't recovered from that Wakanda vacation, she's barely a character now. Hopefully, Dawn of X is good to her.