Page 447 of 626 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457497547 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    This is House of X, not House of Grey.
    ........................God.

So basically characters having good characterization is not required unless they're the main title characters. Yeah, makes sense. Such a logical, reasonable, good argument against any criticism. This might have made sense if the main complaint was about Jean's role not being bigger, but it's not. It's about how she was portrayed in the panel time she got.

A lot of other XMen died who should have survived, but they was so Hickman could show his resurrections work.
    All the X-Men died. But most of them, like for example Monet, still had a good showing and gave their enemies a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    It's like everyone around her was dead or dying and Jean is extremely empathetic.
    And instead of trying to, I don't know, use her telekinesis to help them or sumn, she focused on acting as narrator to Xavier and doing nothing.

Like all the other X-men in a book not exactly about the X-men. It's House of X, not House of X-men.
    The comment has nothing to do with whether the book it's about her or not. It was in response to you saying "I've been loving Jean in HOX". They said that because there's not much to love as she hasn't done much. Seriously, do you people who come on this thread just to disagree with others even think before posting, or do you just like to play devil's advocate for the sake of it? Rhetoric question.

BANNED

I get wanting to see her flex, but Jean's role on that mission wasn't to fight. It was the interstellar Cerebro uplink. This issue makes that uplink all the more important.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It's like everyone around her was dead or dying and Jean is extremely empathetic.
    The most criticized page in the issue, her begging Monet to come with her and being told "try harder Marvel Girl," read to me as clearly her being primarily concerned with Monet's life and coming up with a lame excuse for her to come with. To avoid sacrificing herself, because Jean is empathetic and loving and doesn't want anyone to die. After she left, she had no trouble maintaining the contact on her own despite being injured and having felt her friends die in her head. Monet may have even seen right through it.

I'm not blown away by Jean's portrayal, but I don't think the sky is falling yet either. During the info dump in the latest issue,
    spoilers:
    the bit which said Xavier wasn't capable of downloading 6000 mutant minds in a day seemed to telegraph Jean-as-Phoenix doing just that later on, but we'll see
    end of spoilers

Cassandra easily owned Jean in their first fight. Jean did not start her Phoenix transformation until she had to defend the children from the U Men. Before she decided to fight them she even tried calling the police on the UMen.
    Xavier got owned, they all got owned, that's the point of introducing a new "big bad".

Nothing wrong with calling the cops, and after they were no help, she tells the U-Men "Define defenseless", protects the students(even including some of them), and deals with them quite well before the last moment when she "flame on"s

Like all the other X-men in a book not exactly about the X-men. It's House of X, not House of X-men.

Jean is empathetic, but not pathetic...HOX #4 was the latter

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Seriously, do you people who come on this thread just to disagree with others even think before posting, or do you just like to play devil's advocate for the sake of it? Rhetoric question.
    Ignoring the rhetorical nature of the question, I come into this thread because I'm a Jean Grey fan. I am APPRECIATING Jean Grey.

"Try harder, Marvel Girl" is ICONIC. Love the way Larraz draws her. A nice throwback with Storm. WE KNOW HER

True. It’s still possible that even the Jean who died in HoX 4 was another clone too.

There’s a lot of stuff not yet explained about everything.
    That's what my firm belief is still. They're all creepy sheep acting like weirdos. Can't be the real ones. The real Jean Grey would be kicking ass and taking names.

BANNED

Should I be reading House of X and Powers of X in some combined order?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm not blown away by Jean's portrayal, but I don't think the sky is falling yet either.
    Same.

I do think we can all agree that Jean was serving this issue at least.

Ignoring the rhetorical nature of the question, I come into this thread because I'm a Jean Grey fan. I am APPRECIATING Jean Grey.

"Try harder, Marvel Girl" is ICONIC. Love the way Larraz draws her. A nice throwback with Storm. WE KNOW HER
    Well, you should have answered that when they asked why did you love Jean in HOX instead of coming with the totally unrelated "It's the same for the others" argument, is what I was saying.

Try harder Marvel Girl is really a Monet moment...

Well, I did like her little moment with Storm in this issue too. And Larraz is great as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Same.

I do think we can all agree that Jean was serving this issue at least.

I say just have Naked Jean as her new main look.

Glob Herman has canonically seen Jean Grey naked.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The most criticized page in the issue, her begging Monet to come with her and being told "try harder Marvel Girl," read to me as clearly her being primarily concerned with Monet's life and coming up with a lame excuse for her to come with. To avoid sacrificing herself, because Jean is empathetic and loving and doesn't want anyone to die. After she left, she had no trouble maintaining the contact on her own despite being injured and having felt her friends die in her head. Monet may have even seen right through it.

I'm not blown away by Jean's portrayal, but I don't think the sky is falling yet either. During the info dump in the latest issue,
    spoilers:
    the bit which said Xavier wasn't capable of downloading 6000 mutant minds in a day seemed to telegraph Jean-as-Phoenix doing just that later on, but we'll see
    end of spoilers
    I LOVE this reading of that moment. And, yeah, Jean's role in X-Force makes sense now.

BANNED

That was a nice callback in today's issue.

Wow people here are sour. I've been loving Jean in HoX and we got nice character moments this issue.
    How? She hasn't really been in it and the one bit she was really in, they made a point of downplaying her characterization. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    So has Xavier.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So has Xavier.
    Technically everybody saw her naked.

Stupid Wolverine stopped my man Glob from making the moves on Teen Jean. She wanted the jiggle.