Page 71 of 626 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171571 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Jean was still important, she was one of the characters with more panel time, only nate and bishop got more.

these are team books, the focus will change to other characters and everybody plays support to other characters from time to time, even guys like Cyclops and Wolverine. It's something that is better to accept.
    Also Jean is still very important, she has it way better than storm, emma or rachel.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-30-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Jean will be a key character here, possibly it will be thanks to her, that they will be able to defeat Nate, he could send her to jail just as it happened with Bishop, but he didn't do it, obviously because she is his mother, but of all there present she is the one who has the best chance of defeating him.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    I actually didn’t like it so much. The alternate reality thing is so tired (see Age of Apocalypse, Ages of Apocalypse, Heroes Reborn, House of M, Age of X etc). The seemingly perfect reality that really isn’t perfect shtick was recently done in Phoenix Resurrection.

I don’t like how the women are portrayed (especially Storm and Jean so far) versus how the men are portrayed. Storm is all about knitting. Jean is just there to sense emotions and make love. Nate is important as the leader. Warren is important as the school headmaster. Kurt is a famous movie star. Bishop gets to reflect on his life in this world and rebel against it. The men are centered in the story and the women feel secondary.

I like the idea of Bean and don’t have any problem with them sleeping together. It’s an interesting turn that the guy feels guilty about the sex and the woman doesn’t, but Bishop gets more characterization than Jean does.

Jean is described as an empath when Nate says her empathy never fails. She can sense emotions and locate people better than he can.

I told y’all there would be a shift in focus to Jean’s empathic abilities. One could see the writing on the wall with how she was written in Red and Uncanny. Jean has long had an empathic quality to her psychic powers (since X-Factor at least) but now it’s part of her pacifism too.

I’m beginning to think some of these straight male creators just cant help themselves in diminishing female characters while elevating male characters.

In PR Jean is a lowly waitress who may still live with her parents and who has little to no personality until the last issue where she renounces her special power and destiny.

In Red, Jean is powerful but way too pacifistic and mostly lacks her characteristic fiery passion or temperament.

In Age of X-Man she is a sweet empathic secret-girlfriend and little more than that (so far).

It’s so frustrating.

In a recent interview Zac Thompson described Nate Grey as the most powerful mutant and as having a special destiny. Jean was stripped of these qualities. I guess it’s easier for these guys to see male characters as god-like and savior-like than females ones. Yeah, I’m bitter right now. lol.
    I think you're missing the point. This world is obviously not meant to actually be good, it's all a facade. It's all made up by Nate in a way, so it's not surprising that he's the most powerful and Jean is just being empathic and stuff. She has fake memories and her life has gone totally different. Besides that, this is only an introduction/buildup issue, where they have to properly set up all 5 minis, not just Marvelous X-Men that Jean will be on.

So, I haven't read the issue yet, but on another thread I saw them talking about how Jean kind of manipilated/made Bishop have sex with her when he didn't want to, and it's similar to the Scott and Emma relationship in new Xmen, and that she may have her powers on him, please is this true?

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    So, I haven't read the issue yet, but on another thread I saw them talking about how Jean kind of manipilated/made Bishop have sex with her when he didn't want to, and it's similar to the Scott and Emma relationship in new Xmen, and that she may have her powers on him, please is this true?
    It doesn't suggest she used her powers on him, imho.

Jean does make the first move, but it does suggest Bishop was thinking about them hooking up already.

After they have sex, Bishop feels guilty because it isn't allowed in their society. Jean argues that it is natural and they are stronger together.

Later when Bishops memories are being investigated by Psylocke's team, we learn that Jean and Bishop have had a secret relationship for a while.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    It's not true for either relationship. Each couple were adults that made their own decisions.

I think that they are playing the pairing as "their love is so strong, that Nate's brainwashing is completly inefective" route, Bishop doubts seems to be more about how he should be above those earthly desires.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I think that they are playing the pairing as "their love is so strong, that Nate's brainwashing is completly inefective" route, Bishop doubts seems to be more about how he should be above those earthly desires.
    Which love? Jean Bishop?

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    Which love? Jean Bishop?
    Yes, at least, that's what i assuming, the two are so in love, that whatever Nate is doing isn't working.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

You might be right because they've done this before any wipes...Jean is DRAWN to him.

So I jumped on the issue and actually really liked it. The art and coloring were on-point and really sell the creepy "everything is too clean" vibe. Wasn't sure if I'd be getting any of these AU stories but I'm more open to them now.

Spectacular Member

Yes, at least, that's what i assuming, the two are so in love, that whatever Nate is doing isn't working.
    Oh totally, they love each other so much that even Nate who created this world didn't notice

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    Oh totally, they love each other so much that even Nate who created this world didn't notice
    He did though...the in the kitchen, but on a more "all-knowing" level made he needs to create the conflict to make things more interesting....or maybe the writers do LOL

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    I actually didn’t like it so much. The alternate reality thing is so tired (see Age of Apocalypse, Ages of Apocalypse, Heroes Reborn, House of M, Age of X etc). The seemingly perfect reality that really isn’t perfect shtick was recently done in Phoenix Resurrection.

I don’t like how the women are portrayed (especially Storm and Jean so far) versus how the men are portrayed. Storm is all about knitting. Jean is just there to sense emotions and make love. Nate is important as the leader. Warren is important as the school headmaster. Kurt is a famous movie star. Bishop gets to reflect on his life in this world and rebel against it. The men are centered in the story and the women feel secondary.

I like the idea of Bean and don’t have any problem with them sleeping together. It’s an interesting turn that the guy feels guilty about the sex and the woman doesn’t, but Bishop gets more characterization than Jean does.

Jean is described as an empath when Nate says her empathy never fails. She can sense emotions and locate people better than he can.

I told y’all there would be a shift in focus to Jean’s empathic abilities. One could see the writing on the wall with how she was written in Red and Uncanny. Jean has long had an empathic quality to her psychic powers (since X-Factor at least) but now it’s part of her pacifism too.

I’m beginning to think some of these straight male creators just cant help themselves in diminishing female characters while elevating male characters.

In PR Jean is a lowly waitress who may still live with her parents and who has little to no personality until the last issue where she renounces her special power and destiny.

In Red, Jean is powerful but way too pacifistic and mostly lacks her characteristic fiery passion or temperament.

In Age of X-Man she is a sweet empathic secret-girlfriend and little more than that (so far).

It’s so frustrating.

In a recent interview Zac Thompson described Nate Grey as the most powerful mutant and as having a special destiny. Jean was stripped of these qualities. I guess it’s easier for these guys to see male characters as god-like and savior-like than females ones. Yeah, I’m bitter right now. lol.
    I think you have some good points. I think you also skipped over some things. Jean was the only person, with her support team of telepaths to separate Nate and Legion.

Because Jean was in his head, that’s why the XMen are not dead.

Writers at Marvel are disposable. They ultimate do what corporate tells them. This 90s rehash is only one happening because of the pending merger. Look at XMen Gifted. The XMen and the Brotherhood are gone.

Now look at Xforce. With the XMen gone the comics universe is very much like Gifted. They’re going to use some sort of alternate reality to integrate the Gifted characters with the XMen and MCU.

As for Jean, every one who writes her starts her out as just Jean and weaker. She always gets stronger and becomes Phoenix it is hinted to becoming Phoenix or potentially so. She’s had these characters arcs from every writer from Lobdell to Bendis.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    He did though...the in the kitchen, but on a more "all-knowing" level made he needs to create the conflict to make things more interesting....or maybe the writers do LOL
    Yes, he saw it in the kitchen but didn't notice it as creator of the reality. The writers are the one who needs the conflicts.When they lack good stories, they create conflicts without any reason.